(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. farzad0933

farzad0933

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When my free trial was about to expire I got 15 emails informing me of this within 8 hours

When my free trial was about to expire I got 15 emails informing me of this. Each was sent about 20-30 minutes apart. Annoying! I can understand sending one email every day for the week leading up to expiration. But 15 in one night?!? Seems like a bug.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Enable use of Sign In Page User Name Label on Azure sign in page

The Sign In Page User Name is a field which we can edit but its not currently used on the sign in page. can we please get this feature enabled.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Provide a free tier like AWS - Until then Azure is quite simply too expensive for a lesser product / platform.

We are an MS shop however we use AWS why? because Azure is too expensive to learn and operate and has less feature / scale etc. However we would like to use Azure at some point but realistically it is simply to pricey to be worth the effort.
    ~$200 credits on sign up is a joke - please get serious and allow a free tier where you could actually host a very small system and test out the Azure platform - not just a few minutes of cpu time, developers need a genuine micro server / app platform.

For us…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow templates to be filtered by IaaS or PaaS

Not much else to say really - if I'm looking for templates to use for IaaS I'd like to hide all the PaaS related templates so I can find what I'm looking for quicker

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Improve UX message for Hybrid Remote App collection if error is with DNS, VNET connectivity

Recently we kept receiving error in hybrid remote app collection as "We're getting you set up. Try again in 10 minutes."
    The issues was with DNS and VNET connectivity and there is no way from this error message one could understand the real cause of the problem. So improve UX for remote app hybrid collection to display that "You have issues with your DNS configuration" and actual error message as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. allow the cloud service package upload dialog box to upload the PaaSDiagnostics.WorkerName.PubConfig.xml

In addition to the package and config files for a cloud package, it would be great to also be able to upload the diagnostics configuration at the same time. The problem we face, is that not all of the diagnostics options are available in the .wadcfgx wizard, and there's not an easy way to upload the raw .wadcfgx file to apply it to a cloud service.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enable Port Mirroring for Domain Controllers in Azure

Enable Port Mirroring for Domain Controllers in Azure (or other mechanism) so DCs in Azure can be part of ATA.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. ... make KeyVault available for Dreamspark'ed Azure accounts (for students).

KeyVault is an interesting service offered by Azure. Unfortunately, it is not available (yet?) if one uses Azure via Dreamspark.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Clearly indicate when the customer is committing to pay

I was charged a third-party service fee during a free trial. While I don't object to paying for the software, I was surprised by the charge, because the Azure console did not explain clearly I was committing to an ongoing fee and ask approval for that charge.

Azure needs to be transparent in pricing, including Azure fees and third-party fees to assess the true TCO for a cloud service. Show a complete fee schedule for the configuration and allow a review and Accept Transaction step before charging a customer.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Using an office 365 account as the microsoft account on the Windows Store

Azure AD still not supported in Windows 10 Store?

In one of my clients, a school with 600 laptops in Office365/ADFS, it's not possible to deploy an App because the ISV created this "Modern App" that only installs through an MSA account.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. cancel trial

Please cancel my trial, I've already requested it a day after I downloaded it, sounds like a great software but its not what I was looking for. thanks for your time, Lisa Mckleroy lisaem.1963@gmail.com

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Notification System

Several of our Azure VMs were automatically shutdown due to an automated Azure process where the reads/writes are to slow or do not complete in 120 seconds, inclusive of retries, the behavior of the VM is to shutdown to protect customer data and prevent corruption.

Although the Azure platform continues to monitor the storage services to determine if the service is restored so it can auto start the VM the customer is never notified this occurs. I discovered this myself when I noticed application downtime.

A great process to protect your customers, but horrible execution so your customers are aware…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Azure for Small and Medium business with template website and hosting experience

The Gist of this idea is Small and Medium business users are looking to expand there business by creating websites.
    The simplified experience that will be helpful for them is
    =>Create a website with templates provided by azure
    =>integration with Generic request database and product catalogue management
    =>integration with payment gateways

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Figure out why

Fix the BizSpark process so the BizSpark team actually responds to an applicant instead of completely ignoring them after an application has been submitted. In our case it has been four months since we submitted our application.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make it possible to add more Dashboard styles to the Microsoft Application Insights

Currently the built in Dashboard offer few options.
    It would be good to have more and flexible options.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add more export options for Microsoft Application Insights Dashboards

Currently is only possible to export to Excel.
    It would be good to export to other formats like PDF, JPG, Email.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I have used the gmail account for signup in Azure free trial...But when trying to login using gmail account Azure not accepting.wt shld i do

I have used the gmail account for signup in Azure free trial...But when trying to login using gmail account Azure not accepting.wt shld i do

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base