(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add the ability to define common entrance and exit methods for triggered WebJobs

It would be great if you could use Attributes or something to define methods that will always be ran before or after a triggered function for WebJobs. This would be very useful for something like event logging, where I want to log when a function was triggered and when a function has completed anytime a function gets triggered.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Best backup software for Windows 8.1?

As many of you probably know, Windows 8.1's built in file history is not a substitute for a standalone backup program which can back up everything.

What Softwares are out there? My biggest requirement is that it be able to make incremental system backups on a scheduled basis.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 9926 upgrade in Azure Virtual Machine

Windows 10 Technical Preview for Enterprise in Azure Virtual Machine still contains Build 9879, but the latest build is 9926. Please upgrade the VM as soon as possible so we can get the latest advanced benefits.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. This website is awful.

I've been trying to buy Visual Studio 2013 Professional for an hour now and this website takes me in circles

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow referring to Azure websites or VMs, etc. when defining ACL for an endpoint

Currently we can restrict who can access an endpoint by using ACLs based on IP address ranges.

I suggest being able to say things like:
    This port can be accessed by these azurewebsites by this VM, etc.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make it possible to pay for support on a call-by-call basis

Currently, too expensive to want to commit to even 6 months of developer level support for Azure. I would be willing, however, to talk to a developer for say $10/hour or /30 minutes to try to get expert developer help on troubleshooting tough things.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Azure CTI (Computer telephony interface)

I believe most of the business has a Call center application which is interfaces with telephone ie they have dedicated RJ45 lines and 1800 number which is interfaced to their service or sales application by either through Cisco CTI or JAVA CTI or through vendor supplied hardware ie PCI slot connected telephone lines.

if we have an Azure CTI infrastructure,I believe it would be easy to make call center apps to Azure

Thanks
    Jag
    Jag@staritconsulting.com
    staritconsulting@outlook.com/hotmail.com

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Tool for network check - performance

For discussion with new customers we need to check customer's network to access Azure DC, like latency, throughput

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add HTTPS support to the 'stopped' Azure website placeholder page

Some of us enforce HTTPS on our websites 100% of the time. Therefore, our users may have our website bookmarked in their browser which includes 'https://'.

If we stop our website temporarily for maintenance and one of our users visits our website during that time via HTTPS, they'll get a warning message saying the connection is insecure prior to being redirected to the "This site is currently not available..." placeholder page.

I believe the "This site is currently not available..." placeholder page that's displayed when an Azure website is stopped should be served through both HTTP and HTTPS…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Don't update Android documentation until you launch the new Android SDK 2.0

Almost all Azure Android documentation require Azure Android SDK 2.0 but there are not any official link to the new Android SDK 2.0.

You can not do neither the old examples nor the new examples because you do not have the SDK.

You can not do anything

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. notification message that the Azure account has been disabled

Dear

My first experience with Azure Backup was relatively good, just the account lockout procedure for verification of authenticity was absurd, message below the email I received the notification:

We have a small problem. His signature ' free trial ' and its services have been disabled on Thu, January 8, 2015 GMT 23:52:34 because we discovered evidence of abuse or fraud.

Question: How can it be a "little problem" If there is evidence of abuse or fraud?

improve the message not be accused of abuse or fraud unless they have absolute certainty.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Give notifications like a configurable pop up of what is new in Azure - Services; VMs, Etcs

The idea is to give more direct feedback of what is new in Azure, currently the end user as knoladge of what are the new services available by accessing the service and all the rest is hidden.

The idea is to create a configurable pop up where eatch user can configure for exemple:

I want to be notified when new services are available in Virtual Machine services

or

I whant to be notified when new cloud services are available.

This is just like a pop up with information of new releases for the services that i selected.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. More whitespace between Comments and Flag idea as inappropriate…

Please create some more whitespace between Comments and Flag idea as inappropriate… A lot of times when I want to open the comments I'm clicking the Flag message.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. i am in a microsoft training course and you canceled my subscription....

i am in a microsoft office 365 training course (20346B) and you canceled my subscription....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Configuration Change Tracking Intellpack - Error occurred while loading management pack

All,

I'm witnessing another strange eventID 55006, which occurred after I decided to remove it for trouble-shooting the Alert Managment Pack was nolonger recieving updates. Yes the Change Tracking was working with no issue but I am nolonger able to install it again.

This environment is SCOM2012R2CU2 on Windows 2012R2 Standard.

Please advise.

Date and Time: 1/21/2015 3:30:13 PM
    Log Name: Operations Manager
    Source: Advisor
    Event Number: 55006
    Level: 2
    Logging Computer:
    User: N/A
    Description:
    Failed to import the latest Advisor Management Packs to the Management Server. Reason: System.ArgumentException: The requested management pack is not valid. See inner exception for…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Feedback

Excellent.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Provide a means to mark an IaaS Virtual Machine as unhealthy or 'not yet ready'

Currently when the infrastructure decides to reboot a VM for maintenance there is some kind of internal probing done by the Hypervisor to determine when the VM is healthy and then to reboot VM's in other fault/upgrade domains.

The conditions under which a VM is considered healthy is too optimistic.

Our database servers need 5-15 minutes to 'warm up' before being 'healthy'. This means the infrastructure is taking down both our primary and secondary virtual machines in a time frame that overlaps with both their warmup periods, bringing down our production application.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base