(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Your alerts tend to hand from time to time. You should fix that.

I experienced on multiple occasions that alerts became active and never became inactive despite the fact that the condition disappeared again.
    Having a situation like that makes an alert useless.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow posting support messages about performance issues and malfunctions without requiring support plan

I have many identical databases deployed to Azure. One of these databases at the moment suffers extreme performance loss, while much larger databases with the same schema work fine. This indicates technical issue in Azure. Unfortunately it is not possible to report this to Microsoft unless signing up to support plan. In other words it is not possible to notify Microsoft that something is wrong with their service unless you pay extra monthly fee for this privilege. I find this unacceptable - I am not asking for developer support - I just need to inform Microsoft about problems in the…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. why can't I delete the active directory

I deleted all items in the account but am left with the one active directory that will not delete. I'm trying to clean it up, so that I can rebuild but it will not allow me to delete the active directory "test".

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. How about providing basic administrative controls for the Enterprise

I am amazed that there are no controls out of the box to control what and how much users can see or use in the azure portal. When you give a user access to an account the have access to see every service whether they need it or not. Also they have access to consume as much of any service and run up bills to no end. I see how this makes good business sense for Microsoft but it's a HUGE oversight for an enterprise.

1. What we need are controls to limit what users have access to if we want.
    1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Azure GraphDB

GraphDB is getting quite popular among the NoSQL stores. It would be nice for Azure to provide their own SAAS solution as well.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The custom data for Python AP does not work..

I provided the custom_data for LinuxConfigurationSet, and created VM using it.

The API took it and successfully created the VM, but the script was not exceuted….

linuxconfig = LinuxConfigurationSet('ubuntu', 'ubuntu', 'rosaMou1!', False, customdata='/home/test/cloudinitscript.txt')

My script is very simple, just echo "Hello World" to a file.

!/bin/sh

echo "Hello World. The time is now $(date -R)!" | tee /root/output.txt

This is a must feature for developer using Python.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. add AZCopy option from Local File System to an Azure File Share: Copy the file,folder timestamps.

Using AZCopy to copy files from the local file system to an Azure File Share, please provide an option so that the timestamps of the files are copied along (like azcopy /MT, compare /w robocopy Copy, Dcopy T option).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Azure Active Directory Synchronization Notifications

Allow Admins to setup email alerts if Azure Active Directory synchronization goes down we are notified within the time frame we pick it to notify us.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Support for CORS across all the azure services to be accessible from browser only clients

All azure services that have REST APIis should have support CORS origin headers so that browser only java script clients can be written to access these REST services). This will help creating rich but light weight apps (e.g mobile apps) that are platform independent and do not need much back end code so more scaleable.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Static private addresses from with a Virtual Network for Roles

A worker or web role, existing within a Virtual Network requires the ability to assign a static IP addresses from within a subnet of Virtual Network, such that services whose clients cannot make use of DNS can be accessible via site to site or point to site VPN connection at a single and guaranteed IP address.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. make accessing VM's easier

I can't access a virtual machine I created on Azure from my college at my house. Figure out what is going on and get it fixed

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Updating Website GALLERY Providers.

Some of the gallery websites need to be updated. For Example, DNN released 7.4 version bu still in the gallery shows 7.3.2.
    And also Monox needs updated.
    Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. link not working ...http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/updates/feed/

http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/updates/feed/

Live link isnt working, tried on 2 separate machine at 2 separate locations. I am only getting a text output

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Increase limit on number of alerts per subscription

The limit of 10 alerts per subscription[1] seems arbitrary and low. For example, if I have a hosting plan with 2 websites, and I have 2 alerts on the hosting plan and 2 on each website, and my app is replicated in 2 regions, that's 322=12 alerts.

[1] https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/azure/dn306638.aspx

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Fire the technician that designed microsoft paint

My idea is that you should can the person that wrote paint for windows 7. I worked 5 hours last night on a drawing which had specific colors. Upon saving, which I did in .bmp .jpg and .gif, Paint altered all of the colors. I had specific colors for a reason. Now its . Now I have to spend another 5 hours re-doing it. Think about it like this. Imagine how many customers that you've **** off that don't say anything to you. The customers that are silent are the killers. Normally I don't say anything, I just stop using…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. to provide all regions for free trial subscription.

I signup to azure to test and host my server at australia region but I was shocked to see that region isn't available at all. When contacted to billing support team, they had asked me to upgrade to pay-as-you-go plan. so that they can work on enabling Australia region for me.

However, It takes bad impression for customer like me, Where I have to wait for hours to get vm running.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make help more available

I have a free subscription, and I am unable to connect SQL Server Management Studio 2013 to my Azure databases. I tried to find help on the site, but I was not able to find any help. I would have to subscribe to 6 months of help to get any support, which makes no sense for a 1-month "free" trial. I suggest that you make support free for trial users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base