(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Microsoft should put an option on azure web pages to copy the PowerShell or CLI used behind GUI changes

Microsoft started a copy option for the PowerShell commands used behind the GUI interface when manipulating configuration. this was a great learning tool for administrators. We could prepare the setting through GUI, and right before submitting the change there was an option to copy the PowerShell command of our setting.

I strongly recommend this be put into Azure portal.

example: you want to create a few new tags for a resource group.
    you put all the information into text boxes. Right before clicking a submit or save command, we could have a link to copy the PowerShell or CLI version…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Chicago Pests LLC

Business Address:
    234 Main Street
    Park Forest, IL 60466

Business Phone:
    844 720-2847

Business Email:
    Info@chicagopests.com

Business Website:
    https://www.chicagopests.com

Business Description:
    We provide affordable pest control service.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. kaspersky login

Kaspersky is an antivirus software designed in Kaspersky Lab. It offers real-time protection, removal, and detection of viruses and malwares. On creating the kaspersky login account, you can download the Kaspersky antivirus on your device. The Kaspersky was basically designed to protect the device from malwares.
    https://www.kasperskylogin-kaspersky.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Azure Learning Path  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. NPM agent as a docker container

Network performance monitoring agent is only available as an agent on a VM. It would be great to have a docker image to minimize IaaS in your environment.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Change layout of Modern billing report (recon files) to include lower level subscription name

We have several customers migrated on Azure Plan that have multiple subscriptions. For customer internal billing we used the old Azure billing recon files to split our invoicing per subscription name. However, the Azure Plan recon files do not list the lower level subscription names anymore, but only the top level one (<customer> - Azure Plan). That breaks our ability to provide our customers with split billing. As that subscription ID column is now rendered useless (it is just customer name + Azure Plan), why not use it again for the lower level subscription names?

88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Intune device configuration before user enrollment

There is no possibility to configure devices before enrollment.
    Right now Zero Touch enrollment for Android is not supported but using
    Samsung Knox or Apple DEP you get that functionality.
    But using Apple DEP for example, all devices is added to Intune when conneted to Wi-Fi and Company portal is installed without user device enrollment.
    But there is no posibility to install configuration profiles on the devise befor enrollment. For a security reason and to be able to force a user to enroll with Intune this is needed.
    To be able to put restrictions and specific configuration on the device…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Intune device configuration before user enrollment

There is no possibility to configure devices before enrollment.
    Right now Zero Touch enrollment for Android is not supported but using
    Samsung Knox or Apple DEP you get that functionality.
    But using Apple DEP for example, all devices is added to Intune when conneted to Wi-Fi and Company portal is installed without user device enrollment.
    But there is no posibility to install configuration profiles on the devise befor enrollment. For a security reason and to be able to force a user to enroll with Intune this is needed.
    To be able to put restrictions and specific configuration on the device…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Open VPN SSL using Azure Authentication using any OS

The Azure Open VPN using Azure Authentication only supports the Azure VPN application from Microsoft store and needs a later version of Windows 10.
    Because it's Open VPN there should be a posibility to create a .ovpn file to be able to use the VPN with any Open VPN applcation from any OS.
    This is not supportet with Azure Authentication.
    This would be greate if the support for Azure Authentication would support .ovpn cconfiguration and clients

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Azure Private Endpoint Policies

It would be great to have the ability to use Azure Policies to require the use of Private endpoints. Currently there's no property alias on resources supporting Private Endpoints that can be used or leveraged to enforce Azure Policies.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Inform about COVID-19 impact on trial subscriptions.

Please inform during trial subscription creation during the COVID-19 that you are limiting the trial subscriptions on Azure functionality.

I have a support request going now where they referring to COVID-19 that I can't get access to Azure SQL Single Database in any location due to the COVID-19 situation. When I created the trial subscription this isnt mentioned with a word that the services available on Azure is limited (rather the oposite it states that it is free and available in 12 months).

Since Microsoft is reluctant to provide services during this time, I think that this must be adjusted…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enhance termination notifications of VMSS

Feature reference docs: https://docs.microsoft.com/zh-tw/azure/virtual-machine-scale-sets/virtual-machine-scale-sets-terminate-notification#endpoint-discovery

Here is a description in termination notifications pages.

Termination notifications only on ‘delete’ operations – All delete operations (manual delete or Autoscale-initiated scale-in) will generate Terminate events if your scale set has scheduledEventsProfile enabled. Other operations such as reboot, reimage, redeploy, and stop/deallocate do not generate Terminate events. Terminate notifications can't be enabled for low-priority VMs.

As far as I know, reboot/redeploy/deallocate operation has already been tracked by metadata URL in Virtual Machine. I'm looking forward to have this feature working in VMSS too! It will help us in error handling.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow access from trusted microsoft services one by one

When configuring firewall for use with Azure Storage resources,
    and trying to allow access from "Trusted Microsoft Services", we only have to allow access from all of them, not a "Trusted Microsoft service " one by one.
    I think that It's better to allow access one by one on the security's perspective - allowing only necessary access from PaaS services in terms of system design.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Delete warnings for Seamless single sign-on and Pass-through authentication after Azure AD Connect servers are deleted.

I deleted the on-prem server in AD Connect Health after taking the on-prem server offline - AD Connect is not used/available as all accounts are now managed in AAD. I get a warning in Azure Active Directory blade > Azure AD Connect that 'Seamless single sign-on' and 'Pass-through authentication' need attention. There is no way to get rid of the warnings.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Provide additional security options for Azure Devops Service Hooks

We leverage Azure Devops Service Hooks to integrate pull requests with an external service. Currently, we have to rely on basic authentication and server TLS certificates, but the source IP addresses can be from anywhere in the same region as our tenant.

Please support additional security options, like TLS client certificates and/or provide a smaller dedicated source IP range for generation of service hooks.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Offline installer for Azure point-to-site VPN client

The installer is through MS Store only. This is a showstopper for organization where MS Store is blocked as part of hardening guidelines for endpoints. An offline/standalone installer is not available as on date as confirmed by MS Support also. Strongly recommend making the same available.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. HOW DO I INSTALL MS OFFICE ON A PC AFTER COPYING FROM A PEN DRIVE?

If you have to install MS Office software, you should open this link Office.com/setup login. This can be done using a flash drive or pen drive as an intermediary medium. These applications are considered portable as they can be transferred to various devices without much hassle or may require some other software. https://setupofficecomsetup.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please make it possible to forbid users to create Management Groups

Currently, users generally always have the permissions to create Management Groups. This cannot be forbidden via RBAC and there is no other way to forbid this in Azure AD.
    It would make sense not to make this generally possible.
    A good admin works according to the minimal rights principle, so this cannot be used completely :)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Asure Data Studio (Mac & Windows) - Jupyter Books (TAB) does nothing for me?

ADS is super! but,

JUPYTER BOOKS (TAB) does nothing! What I expected:

• Within a Workspace I like to have the list of Books that are there;

• When I use the ... to create a Book I expect the saved book to be in the "SAVED BOOKS" list and the unsaved on the other list;

• I do expect to have a way to organize the books in a logical (at least to me) way so I see the relationship of the Books to the Workspace common theme... an hands down easy to prepare TOC will definitively help that I guess I…
    1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Azure Data Studio (Mac) - Changing Kernel Issues

First Azure Data Studio is great and I am committed to use it as much as possible since it simplify my job.

MAC Issues:

• After installing the app, I tried to create a Jupyter Notebook let's say using the Pythong 3 kernel I get prompted to install resources on my user path that I did and it consistently fails for multiple reasons, including but not limitted to constant failures downloading the packages and after trying a few times, rebooting the machine and making sure that all badwidth is available for the mac is still fails.

• When it download the python…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in