(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Flexible tagging of azure assets (e.g. with customer ID/name) which shows in usage detail report

I need more information in the usage detail report.

We intend to rebill customers their exact usage. I also want to maintain as few subscriptions as possible (e.g. multi-tenant Azure subscriptions).

As the usage statement exists today, this is impossible. If I intermix customers under a single azure subscription, there's no good way to break out the customers.

I need either flexible TAGGING of all azure services (e.g. vm1 can be tagged as anything, i would tag with a customer id, and this would appear in the usage details this would be super nice), or at the very least the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure AD - ADFS "Server"

Since we can replicate user object from ad to aad, it would be nice to just "enable adfs feature " on azure ad. So that we no longer need to host adfs on-premise.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow endpoint ACLs to be updated using RESTful API

Allow endpoint ACLs to be updated using RESTful API.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Support RBAC at Service Management API

Enable access to Service Management API with role based access control (RBAC).
    Now, API access account can full controls (contain delete). This is very dangerous. We can't avoid this situation now.
    So I'm desiring to be able to safety access to API by RBAC.
    (examle: access by readonly account and collect vm list by batch program)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Provide a Way to Cancel my Profile Completely

I don't understand why after a free trial period, I cannot cancel my profile? Why do you maintain my information with my home address and email. I may at some point in the future be interested, but not today. I should be able to cancel my name and personal information from your system.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make a Free Tier for each Azure Service

It would be extremely useful if Microsoft Azure had a Free Tier for each Azure Service.

For example, like Azure Search, Web Apps etc.

It would be expected that such a Free Tier had a limited resource usage. However, for developers it would be much easy to get started exploring and learning different Azure services, as well as demo or lobby for proposal to utilize Microsoft Azure as basement for any new Application these days.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fix account verification for SMS

Fix the account verification system for billing - every time I need to setup a subscription I'm prompted to open a trouble ticket as you are unable to send an SMS to my device's phone number (US based, valid phone number).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fix archived usage statements to include rate when subscription is open licensing

In Azure, subscriptions can be funded in a few different ways.

+MPN Benefit
    +MSDN Benefit
    +Pay as you go
    +Open Licensing skus

When a subscription is funded with Open Licensing skus, archived (or, closed billing cycles) "Download Usage" function does NOT include a rate column and therefore does NOT state what your billed usage was for that period.

The current period "download usage" does, but that is limited utility.

Previous cycle usage is important to my company and I'm sure many others, because Azure expense will not be accounted for when purchased but rather then used.

Strangely, PAYGO, MPN and…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Include/Exclude files when creating Azure package

When a package is created from VS, we need an easy way to exclude/Include additional files or binaries.

More Discussion Here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11193982/include-exclude-files-when-creating-azure-package

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Provide documentation for clearDB

You outsource MySQL to ClearDB and provide no documentation on how to get it working.

ClearDB requires SSL and in order to use SSL with Azure you need a Basic/Standard account -- So in other words there's no free support for PHP and MySQL.

ClearDB refuses any connection that's not SSL. How are we supposed to set this up? The ClearDB documentation is completely useless as it doesn't even mention Azure setups.

I can't even believe somebody has to tell you this. If you want to be serious about being a cloud provider you're going to have to do a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Virtual Machines Folders View

In the virtual machines view instead of seeing all the virtual machines you have that belongs to different systems you can arrange them in folders like in Hyper-V.
    Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Monitoring IaaS/VM more flexibility

We would like to add the more flexilible monitoring feature or tool as CloudWatch provided by AWS.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. option to disable logging of input and output from custom api app

in cases where a custom api app's input/output is only required for the flow within the logic app but not required for archival or tracking purposes, it would be nice to be able to configure it in the logic app so not to log these inputs or outputs as a possible optimization.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a link to the Azure Script Center on Documentation pop-panel

There is no link to the Azure Script Center (or I was not able to find). It should be located on Documentation pop-panel in any case.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. keep my site up. I may have to stop using azure if the down time issues is not resolved.

Hi For the past couple of days. The web server that I have on my VM has been down between 6am and 10am; it then becomes functional again by its self without any intervention on my part.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Microsoft lets customers submit bugs and issues

I understand that the support is big part of the revenue, but when customers are facing problems due to changes made by Microsoft that becomes REALLY irritating!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base