(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Small biz doesn't have 20 users. Begins with one traveler. Paying for 20? No.

Provide clear pricing. Does the price shown include 20 users or is it the price shown X 20?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Exclude Java web app idle time from CPU time

Java server uptime is now included in the CPU time so running a Java web app in the F1 plan is not very useful especially if the web app is mostly idle and it takes a while to start up. I wish those idle time would be excluded from the CPU time and I could keep the Java app always standing by until the real processing time exceeds the CPU time quota.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Azure VM pricing

Azure pricing calculator is showing correct (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/calculator/)
    or Azure Virtual Machine correct (http://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/pricing/details/virtual-machines/)

Are you need to fix the calculations.

If someone help me out here that's much great help for me.

Regards
    Viv

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow updating DNS record through a Web Service so it can be used as a Dynamic DNS

We have many customers that require Dynamic DNS services, we are currently using DynDNS but it would be awesome if we could move all this to Azure.

For example, one of our customers with 300+ locations with cheap / home grade internet connections without static IPs and a computer with a windows client that checks for Public IP changes and updates the proper DNS record using a little windows client that hits a very simple web service...

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Unlock the features for students.

I was excited to see Azure offered free to students via Dreamspark, but no SQL, VM, etc??? 9 out of 10 features are locked to the student license. I understand restrictions, but why does Microsoft even offer Azure to students if they aren't going to let them use it for the best Azure features.

Please drop the restrictions on student accounts. It will help Microsoft in the long run...students are not running businesses with these products while in school, but they might when they graduate.

Thanks,

Nick

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. WHOA! Way too confusing if you're just here looking to evaluate backup alone.

Make a KISS path for those who were referred here by Windows 2012 Server backup. Overwhelmed with choice and other options, and faced with limited research time to allocate to this particular option, gave up and left.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. sample as Web API /WCF/REST Azure key vault

Please provide some sample as Web API /WCF/REST so that user can directly consume them by just changing the setting .
    It should hav all basic possible conditions and powershell which help them to set up vault and get required parameter to set in service configuration . Asking this because this is not there main task for development and if some how you can save developer time in infrastructure thing that it is more attractive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please add Japan East / West regions in FAQ “Which regions correspond to Zone 1, Zone 2, and Zone 3?”

The answer to one of FAQs “Which regions correspond to Zone 1, Zone 2, and Zone 3?” on the document below DOES NOT include Japan EAST and WEST as the regions for Zone 2. Please fix the document.

ExpressRoute Pricing
    http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/expressroute/

<Japanese>
    下記ドキュメントにある「ゾーン 1、ゾーン 2 およびゾーン 3 にあたるリージョンはどこですか?」の質問の回答に、東日本リージョンと西日本リージョンが Zone 2 の中に含まれていません。ドキュメントの修正をお願いいたします。

ExpressRoute の価格
    http://azure.microsoft.com/ja-jp/pricing/details/expressroute/

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. dnu restore times out in Azure

Improve ASP.NET vNext support so that DLLs could be "restored" to run ASP.NET vNext applications.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. my idea 2

Future yeah because it's very fashionable people and be turned the activity experience non led by opportunity to ghetto the net I organized on last evening and really in Feb me count happen actually in

<a href="http://www.advancehappynewyear2016.com/">happy new year 2016 images pictures photos wallpapers</a>

<a href="http://www.advancehappynewyear2016.com/">happy new year 2016 Quotes wishes messages sms greetings</a>

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Registration Management REST Idetntifiers

Checkout the link "https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dn458822.aspx&quot;
    The REST Identifiers for Metrics (Registration Create Operations,Registration Update Operations,Registration Read Operations,Registration Delete Operations) are not correct. Remember to eliminate "s" as in registrations.create (registration.create:Correct) for the mentioned REST Identifiers for above Metrics. If used registrations.create it would probably give an error code of 404 "Entity does not exist under the Namespace".
    Thank You.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Implement scaling for individual WebJobs on a App Service Web App

Currently, WebJobs share resources with a WebJob. You cannot scale them independently or individually.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Show settings with Powershell, xPlat client and Portal interface

The documentation of azure is only a couple of example with Powershell script/commands and Azure management portal screens.

But, the new portal gave us new options, examples and change all the documentation. And, for non Windows users, Powershell is useless.

The Azure Team should set examples with old and new interface and Powershell and azure-cli examples to help users.

Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. XSDs for Microsoft Azure Management API model classes.

Could you please plan to build XSDs for Microsoft Azure Management API model classes so that we can use them directly for generating classes and can be used latter for assigning REST API response to those classes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Dispaly Email Accout who created the reources or by system automatically. As I noticed Portal there are many new resources was created.

Display Email Accout who created the reources or by system automatically. As I noticed Portal there are many new resources was created. Only 10% was done by myself. Worry some other utilize my account.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    unplanned  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Be able to create a VM using the new UI

I've been using the new UI but it has proven to be very unreliable. The latest one was trying to create a VM and not being able to enter the VM name, username and password.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Will support Azure Service Bus Relay mode for Java backend listener

If we have backend listener Java web service, it would be great to relay messages from outside to it using service bus Relay.
    At least, using Mono...
    This will give an ability for mobile clients to consume on premise Java web service.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Examine your scale up process....

I've noticed that since I added a scheduled scale-up operation to my cloud service, my external uptime monitor alerts every morning for 5 minutes at the precise time of the scale-up operation [I even changed the schedule to be certain of this], which says to me that something about "scaling up" isn't doing as you might think!!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Navigation accross pages in the portal and authentication when you use multiple account need work

Summary of Feedback / Issues

Generally the simplicity of use is what I have comments about.
    I finally got it working but wanted to share some feedback.

I was in trial, I had created services (Mobile Services, SQL Server DB, etc.) then my account expired last weekend. After that subscribed to pay as you go which does not show me any services I had created in my trial subscription from visual studio. But when I logon using chrome I can see them (under the free trial subscription).

I keep getting those messages in Visual Studio or in the browser but…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base