(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. spelling of organizations is written in the article as organisations which is wrong

spelling of organizations is written in the article as organisations which is wrong

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Connect to gitHub Enterprise

There needs to be the functionality to connect to gitHub Enterprise resources. Not all of my work can be put in public repo on guthub.com, and my organization pays for on premise enterprise gitHub licensing. Would be amazing to point to an on premise gitHub server.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. tell the truth

Don't say you offer "many free options" when you clearly do not. Just be honest - you offer one free month, period.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cortana AAD sign on is broken when PC is joined to local domain.

When a PC is joined to local AD and AAD Cortana can not sign in using AAD credentials. Appears to be associated with recently requested change of Sync My Settings options.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. allow DLP Policies for ALL subscription models

Data Loss Protection is such an important issue that it should be rolled out to all subscribers.

This will reinforce security at home and work while helping companies to comply with relevant regulations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Name the subscription or provide some other identifier when emailing to tell me the a trial is expiring.

Name the subscription or provide some other identifier when emailing to tell me the a trial is expiring. I get a email saying a trial is expiring with no identification of what subscription; no name or id, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Include DOD Regions in pricing calculator

Azure DOD (impact level 5) regions are not currently included in the pricing calculator. It makes it difficult to estimate what products are there (other than the generic list that is shown on the compliance site). DoD customers specifically are asking for IL5 environments, and PART #s when submitting RFQ / RFI and RFP for these environments. Without the DOD regions in the calculator it's hard to do these estimates, and move DoD customers to Azure.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Export Azure Parts with the Pricing Calculator estimate

As a Federal GOV/DoD contractor and Microsoft Partner, it is necessary for us to give an estimate in Azure services using official Microsoft Part numbers for the services requested. The calculator does an awesome job at helping to get that estimate, but doesn't show what parts and calculations are used to get to the overall estimate. It would help if the exports from the estimator included the parts and increment at which they are calculated.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Why are Free Trials tied to bank card??? And is it even legal (in Europe)???

Free Trial accounts appear to be linked to the bank card used in the subscription -- why a bank card is required for a free subscription is absurd and I even wonder how legal (under European law).

But once a bank card was used for a Free Trial that bank card is "black-listed" from Free Trial subscriptions for 12-months.

Even not thinking about the legal/privacy implications of of that, I've previously used a Free Trial to evaluate some Azure features and now wanted to evaluate Notification Hubs -- not allowed because I'm using the same bank card. It's a different…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Deployment webhooks

Increase the amount of available of webhook types.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Check this forum every day

Check this forum every day so we won't have to see messages from 'World Famous Astrologer Pt. VISHAL JI SHASTRIJI '

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please create real documentation suitable and aimed for enterprise clients/systems

The click guids you have today is not enough! Perhaps they work for a home user trying things out, but they are not enough and do not work for serious enterprise systems.

When creating enterprise systems there need to be real, comprehensive and accurate documentation of all aspects of a service, technology or process.
    Not only need the technology or service in itself be documented, but also how it relate to other services and technologies in a bigger picture.
    There need to be documentation on the intended use of a technology or service, so you can be sure you use…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please add the option add my 365 tenant to my MPN azure subscription

When u follow this guide https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/billing/billing-add-office-365-tenant-to-azure-subscription#Step2 with my current MPN Azure subscription all steps complete succefully, but nothing happens. I tried to change the account owner to another live account but that breaks the MPN benefits. please allow me to connect them

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow connection to SFTP with user having different home folder than prohibited root folder

We're trying to connect to an SFTP server, where the user is logged in and directed immediately to a subpath of the root. The root folder is restricted from access by the user. If we open the connection in filezilla, the connection immediately connects to the subdirectory path.

Azure makes a connection to the SFTP, but fails when attempting to perform any actions within that server, as it first tries to hit the root folder.

Azure should either adhere to the server telling the default directory, or allow configuration of a different default directory (probably more flexible).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. RHEL Diagnostic Logs are missing important fields.

Diagnostic logging to Table Storage is missing the application name and PID in the 'Msg' field. I'm using the Azure Storage API with C# to query and forward events to our SIEM but the messages aren't complete.

Here is what rsyslog will log to disk:
    May 4 13:41:16 TestLinux123 sshd[12164]: Failed password for root from 1.2.3.4 port 15435 ssh2

Rsyslog correctly logs the app and PID ("sshd[12164]"), but those details are strangely not being recorded in Table Storage. Without the App name and to a lesser extent the PID, our SIEM can't parse events properly. I could re-invent the wheel…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add media assets from blob storage

Azure Media Services uses this idea of assets. At the moment, the asset can be uploaded in the portal. So you select a file and then wait until it's uploaded, and YOU DO NOT want to close your browser. Why not give users to use other tools for managing storage like Storage Explorer, etc? Why browser only???

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. single invoice

just like amazon aws it would be good to have single invoice for all subscriptions.

its cumbersome for accounts department to handle multiple bills
    single monthly invoice
    subscription wise break-up
    resource wise break-up would be good

moving from aws to azure itself a humongous learning curve
    now, multiple billing is another burden

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. while Create new Machine in Azure ASM I am getting same configuration for A7 & A8 size

while Create new Machine in Azure ASM I am getting same configuration for A7 & A8 size
    Please have a look

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base