(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add/Edit Fields without dropping and recreating Index.

It would be really nice to have flexibility of adding new fields and editing existing fields without dropping and recreating schema especially when you are in prototype mode or when your index needs are constantly growing with different content types used in same index.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support SVN on Azure App Service

Supporting svn on Azure App Service would be very useful for anyone that runs composer after pushing a new code base. Some composer dependencies fall back to svn when the git counterpart isn't available.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow custom code references in Application Insights multi-step webtests

Application Insights on Azure lets me upload a .webtest file to monitor application availability. My application is a REST/JSON service, and so my .webtest references a custom ExtractJSONRule derived from the ExtractionRule base class to pick out and check data from the JSON response. I can upload the .webtest file OK, but of course, without the custom C# code for the ExtractJSONRule, it always fails.

Please provide a mechanism to allow .webtest files which reference one or more custom .cs files for custom ExtractionRule and ValidationRule classes.

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Filter whole collection when using DocumentDB -> Document Explorer -> Documents filter

DocumentDB explorer is great, but filtering documents by ID is rather confusing when there are more than < 100 results.

Steps to repro:

1. Enter an ID to filter by

2. Click "Load more" until, if ever, the match with the ID shows up

Other "nice to have" thing would be having a ("x out of y") count shown near the "Load more" button

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add the column name in the error in the Operational Logs for stream analytics jobs

Right now errors in the operational logs for stream analytics will tell you, for example, that there was an error converting type Sys.Int32 to System.Double. However it does not tell you which column the error occurred on. Please add this, otherwise it becomes a long task of trial and error to figure out which column exactly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Panel de control con alertas

Para tener muchos clientes es necesario un panel de control mas potente con alertas y con posibilidad de modificar ubicaciones y programación sin entrar en el agente instalado en la maquina del cliente.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. allow the changing and addition of an account administrator in Azure in Open

We cannot change the Administrator of an Azure in Open subscription or even rename the account to a customer friendly one.
    Being able to have only one Administrator of a subscription and then not being able to change that person(even through support!) is absolutely crazy - what if those credentials are lost/the person leaves and you need to urgently access the account?

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fix the Pricing calculator, I keep getting an error: An error has occurred error message

I have cleared my cookies and cache and i still have the error re-occurring, please fix this, i actively use the pricing calculator for my job.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. E-mail notifications/SPAM

You should make it easier for customers to stop receiving notifications. I am tired of Azure e-mail updates and I cannot find where to turn them off. You do not need to spam people, it puts them away rather than entice them. Leave that tactic for ****** companies.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Look at other hosting sites and get a clue on what info you need to provide.

I looked at the FAQ etc and I still don't know if I get any "free" storage with a virtual machine. Also, why would I get an app server vs. a virtual server? I should be able to know that by looking at one page, not having to read through the entire site.

Please, learn how to design a web site!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. password reset

Mobile app for password reset

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. "Azure Machine Learning" category at Azure Feedback.

I want to the category for "Azure Machine Learning" at Azure Feedback.
    I want to some feedbacks about Azure Machine Learning.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Build datacenter in India

Most of the organization running their workload in Azure, and in India there are no any datacenter due to this VMs taking long time to connecting.

Azur SQL is taking too much to connecting and ASR is also taking too much time to data replication (May be not for Azure DC location but may be for Network issue but if DC`s in Same location i will increase the performance )

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make it compatible/useable with a standard Microsoft account.

Allow everyone, not just assignees, able to use it! It would allow for better ratings and more downloads.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Simplify integration between Azure and Office 365

Now to integrate my Office 365 users are avaiable only by transfer AD administration to Azure VM. But it means, what unavailability of VM means unavailability of administration. If I make a decision to use another VM or not use it ever, I will lost my AD control.
    To resolve it, it needed to add possibility of accounts domain administration on Office 365 side, but syncronize passwords to VM.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. give developers a way to suspend a session

As a developer, sometimes I need to finish something the next day without starting from scratch. It would be helpful to be able to stop where I am and then continue the next day, (the way I could with VirtualBox or VMWare).
    Also, is there any way to give the user status when trying to log in? I understand that the machine is booting up, but it is not helpful to get an RDP error or a login that does nothing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Azure KeyVault Random Number Generator

Provide access to the RNG under KeyVault

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a SQL Server database in the DreamSpark subscription

I beleive including a free SQL Database (MSSQL) to the DreamSpark subscription will be greatly beneficial in the education process of many students. Having a reliable MSSQL Server that can be used for learning SQL Server is very important. There's a MySQL database included in the subscription, but I believe having experience in at least two flavors of SQL is a lot better for students, especially TSQL if they intend to work with Microsoft technologies in the future.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)