(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ability to insert Win Server source files -virtual DVD drive

Hi

Sometimes VMs has limited internet connection.
    With that issue comes limited availability to source files, when installing features.
    Could you pls. add ability to add sourcefiles to either image or let it be inserted by using virtual DVD drive. that way we could point to "E:\source\sxs" when installing features/roles.

It is a pain to upload files just to install .net 3.5

Kind regards
    Asger

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Issue not recovering traffic manager

After a subscription been deactivated by billing limit, and after reactivate there create a problem to subscriptions who have traffic manager.
    Traffic manager not recover from activation, and the endpoints inside the traffic manager profile, seans to be corrupted. We need delete profile, and create a new one with the same name and same resource group, and after this, we are abble to create the entrypoint , and all was been recovered.
    So my sugestion will be to have an automatic recover on this issue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Import/Export Time Series Insight

I am missing the possibility to import and export the Time Series Insight module from resource groups. Right now I can't export any resource group containing "Microsoft.TimeSeriesInsights/environments". As this is a quite costly module I have to set up and tear down the module and it's settings manually each and every time for testing, which is quite painful.
    I would highliy appreciate the inculsion of Time Series Insight into the group export and import.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make Azure more available and affordable to Office365 Home Subscribers

Azure offered a 30 day Trial (too short) in which I had no time to finish the on-line course. To make Azure more attractive and more users to join and to learn how to use it properly with proper training is to offer to Office365 Home subscribers perpetual limited system time.
    How could this work:
    Office365 offers 5 licenses, 60 min Skype and 1TB Disk Space.
    Azure could be offered to only 1 of the users to try and train as long as the Office365 subscription is paid.
    So for example there would be a 60 day Azure…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support bulk data import for UK West.

Bulj data import (shipping HDDs) is available for UK South but not UK West. Please consider extending support for this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. MSDN subscription uses over client OS

Thanks Rajesh for clarifying the use cases on MSDN subscription where it can be used for deploying client OS. Same has been conveyed to customer and started using this for their deployments.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Application to be created

Create a new application which can be used to manage azure resources rather than using the browser

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. We need Team Service Account to deploy API application on China Azure!!!

There is no Team Service Account(Developer tools category) in China Azure, we could not deploy the product automatically. Because our codebase is hosted in Visual Studio Online, when we use External Git repo there is no place to save the password for reading the repo, So we could not deploy it automatically. Don't reply with FTP/Local Git repo.. we don't want to use this approach.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Remote FX vGPU on hyper-v host

Would be really good to have possibility to use and deploy VDI with Remote FX vGPU support of Tesla M60.
    There will be more and more companies wanting to host hyper-v host in Azure and have possibility to deliver VDI for Engineers with Tesla M60.

Kind regards,

Teja

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Stop sending emails that look like phishing attempts

When I receive Azure emails, they often look exactly how I would craft a phishing email if I were a black hat. Here is an example of an email I received today.

https://www.screencast.com/t/eVWPHUi6b

If you are unable (or unwilling) to click my link, the email says, "Azure Advisor has recommendations waiting for you..." and an HTML link hidden by text that says, "View my recommendations" which is presumably a link to the portal.

I just delete emails like this because it looks like a phishing attempt. By emailing calls to action that are just links to the azure portal hidden…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Azure API Management template. 'Sing up' template control customization

I can customize only Sign Up page template, but cannot <sign-up></sign-up> inner control to add custom fields and styles.

Azure API management doc has a wrong link (404)

https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/blob/master/articles/api-management/api-management-page-controls.md#sign-up

click on any 'controls' links it follows to 404 page

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. DevOps tools to be included in this list for end to end automaiton

DevOps tools to be included in this list for end to end automation like airflow tools pipeline view.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make azure storage account SAS able to be queried and revoked

My customer would like to query storage account SAS for their creation time, permission and expiration time, and revoke certain SAS on demand.
    Is it possible to add such feature?
    Or at least record the creation action in activity logs?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Include an IGA element (Identity Governance and Administration to make Azure more sellable).

Ensure User Provisioning, Self-Registration and Approval, Device Change Adjustment, Web Access Management, Unified LDAP, Virtual Directory, Adaptive Authentication, Device Registration, Workday Integration are included.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Dynamica AX R2 Preview

I have trial account , given me $200 to use, but where I used, I thought why not I experienced using the Dynamics AX Preview, and sorry to said 24 passed my image not created, later found out that support told me they just put the template but never work on this, Is it fair answer ? is it fair that when you give me something , then allow me to use it.

Please give trial account and allow use to use the things , not stop this or that not able to use in trial.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add UI to apply diagnostic settings across multiple virtual machines

It's great that the UI has been added to put a custom counter in WAD without having to edit the config file inside the guest, but this would be really powerful if we could apply it to all virtual machines inside of a resource group or through some other policy mechanism exposed via the UI or PS (outside of using PS to force the config file).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. change the text on the image

the image on the home page says:
    Learn key concepts 'od' Data Science by attending our Data Science Roadshow

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Azure Training Courses catalog error

Hi,

The catalog of Azure Training Courses is returning Bad Request (Error parsing headers: 'limit request headers fields size') when trying to click 'Learn More' button in any of the listed courses.

The page URL is https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/azure-skills-training.aspx

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add ssh public key in metadata 169.254.169.254

When querying for http://169.254.169.254/metadata/instance?api-version=2017-04-02 in an instance, we can't get the public ssh key to configure the instance. When not using the linux agent, it could be nice to be able to access this user data. FYI AWS & Aliyun already does this (it's an entry called public-keys)

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base