(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Forgot your password linux

nto the cloud service,Forgot your password linux!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How to verify azure SLA

To audit the SLA we have with our customers, is there any mechanism to check what the SLA of a VM for example monthly, quarterly and yearly.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Azure Command line GUI

Create a GUI Interface for executing AZURE Command line functions

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve uptake by being competitive with Amazon in the following ways

I am an Amazon AWS veteran. I am learning Azure because I want to broaden my skills. In short I am exactly the customer profile you need, to migrate load from AWS to Azure. At this point, you do not seem equipped to pull this off. AWS is easy to use, and the service is excellent. AWS, not so much. You are stingy with support, where AWS is generous. Imagine I am on a deadline. I try to implement my service on AWS and Azure. AWS I can easily migrate my code to, if I get stuck, I can call…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. give a warning about domains when swtiching web site from shared to free

Last night I switched a website from Shared to Free. It had a custom domain associated with it and I knew that Free does not support that.

What I was surprised about though was that there was no warning that my domain would go offline instantly. If I had not been expecting it then it would have been quite a shock with no easy way back and no warning

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fix the session timeout problem

While I was providing feedback about the session timeout problem I entered the same infinite loop. I'll have to give up.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. fix the looping session timeout

While browsing the options for my new azure account the portal session timed out (not expected because I was clicking on things). The option to login and continue refreshed the screen, but was immediately followed by the session timing out again. This repeated a half dozen times until I finally was able to click the logout menu item before the time our. Windows live then complained that it failed to log me out of several services. I kept trying with the same behavior. At one time windows live suggested I close my browser and clear my cookies. Huh?

I think…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. create a mechanism to move independent website ownership to separate accounts.

We developed independent websites on our Azure account and later sold one of sites to a third party. Being able to separate the sites and migrate them directly to other Azure account owners directly would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow cloud services (web role and worker role) to be started and stopped in Azure Portal in the same way as web sites

Allow cloud services (web role and worker role) to be started and stopped in Azure Portal exactly as web sites

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. allow users to select / set their location

The Market place pricing seems to be set by the direction of the wind, and refreshing the browser can result in being offered services in a different price, or being told it's not available in that region.

If you could set (or it just use the subscriptions location/region/pricing) then this would not be a problem.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make clearer the charges applied to Outbound Data Transfer for Web sites

On the Websites Pricing Details page http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/websites/, Outbound Data Transfer is marked as Unlimited for Shared, Basic, and Standard tiers.

Generally, the term “Unlimited” means it is included in the price paid for the service.

However, as I have been told by Microsoft Customer services, we will be charged for any outbound data usage over 5 GB as per Data Transfers Pricing Details http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/data-transfers/

The only note about that is the number 4 on Websites Pricing Details saying “For monetary credit offers, outbound data transfer will be charged at the 5 GB – 10 TB tier. Please refer to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Refine Azure's Connection String vs Linked Resource story.

Why are 2 steps required to connect a website with an Azure SQL instance? I've never come across the concept of Linked Resource as pertains to on-prem IIS and am having problems getting my head around a couple concepts:

A connectionstring seems to be non-functional without a matching Linked Resource and vice versa - demands the question: Is there ever a situation where you'd have a connection string without also having a matched Linked Resource?

There should also be a PowerShell way to link / unlink resources.

thkx

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. i'm unable to sign up.

It is to difficult to sign up. After 15 time's it isn't possible to pass the mobile verification. Same number used in profile, no problem.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. make it easier to transition Trial accounts to Paid accounts

Your Transition from Trial accounts to Paid accounts doesn't work well. We've run into issues with Azure and prior to this with Office 365. There's something about your process that needs fixing or better instructions to clients.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Issue tracking (integration or otherwise)

It would be great to be able to send Exceptions or other events directly to an issue tracking (e.g. GitHub Issues since my site is deployed from GitHub).

It would also be nice to be able to "ignore" certain kinds of exceptions that meet some criteria--for example, exceptions from web crawlers or "noise" errors.

I could do a blacklist/filtering on the site, but since I send all my log messages to AI, it would be nice to be able to manage the noise list there.

This would really make AI easier to use to diagnose bugs AND I would actually…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Organizational Account for Ops Insight Mobile Client

Ops Insights Mobile app works only with Microsoft Accounts. It would be ideal if organizational accounts can be added to that as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide extended TRIAL period beyond initial offer - I am time poor but love Azure

Provide extended TRIAL period beyond initial offer - I am time poor and financially poor but love Azure.

There is a lot to cover in Azure and I for one am very excited by the prospect of this service fulfilling my IT requirements in the near future, however, the trial period is just not long enough. I will most likely have to sign-up and see how it goes Vs using an alternative MS account and cc to TRIAL under alternative login.

An extended trial time would be most beneficial and in both parties interest. Especially when the MS Azure userbase…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. all reactivating subscriptions

i cancelled my subscription, now I want to re-activate it. the subscriptions section doesn't give me this option, when i go to add a new subscription the 'offers' panel that appears is blank and i cannot progress and in addition when I go to commerce.microsoft.com and look at subscriptions it doesn't show there (and yes i have signed in with the same phil@coultard.com MS account)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make styling/content exportable

We have a dev, qa and production API. It would be useful if we could export/import content and styling. It's a lot of manual content entry..

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. SQL Server 2014 AlwaysOn Market Place App Advanced Config is Broken

Trying to deploy SQL Server 2014 AlwaysOn from the Azure Market place does not work. If you choose Options Configuration>>Storage Account>>and then select an existing Storage Account there is no OK button to confirm your choice. I have tried this from multiple browsers (including IE 11) and a few different systems. Not sure if this is the right place to report this but I'd like to get this to work so I can create a custom installation of AlwaysOn AG in an existing domain.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base