(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Azure Policy - Compliance Dashboard should allow you to view all scopes

Right now, the compliance dashboard and the assignments blade require you to pick a scope. This should allow you view all scopes. For example, if I pick my root management group, there should be an option to see all policies / compliance for everything below that. Having to click through the entire structure does not work. Current multi-select only allows you to pick from peer node, not parent/child.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Packer image build time can be reduced effectively. (Delete resources in background - only mark as 'deleted' at run time)

Hi Team,
    I am MH RAIES.
    I have a suggestion on Azure image create using packer build.
    During packer build, it tries to create a VM in auto created temp RG. after doing so it saves VM image in provided resource group (RG). Now image is ready.
    Now it starts cleanup of temp RG.
    Although the VM image is create, it has to wait till deletion is complete.
    So in my opinion, once image is created, it should have a feature in azure just to mark temp RG as delete=True.
    There should be a service which should continuously monitor delete=True…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. please provide GPU information through API for each vmsize

Currently Get-AzureRmVmSize has information on number of cores etc. It can also include GPU details, like Standard_NC6 has 1 (K80) GPU, as indicated in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/windows/sizes-gpu .

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Prevent Accidental Deletion of Enterprise Applications

Once you setup an Enterprise Application such as Webex, you must configure it which requires a lot of work. Setting up users and groups, setting up SAML single-signon. Also setting up Applications Proxies, etc. Why isn't there a way to "lock" enterprise applications? They don't appear to be part of any resource group. Preventing accidental deletions of Enterprise Applications would be something that is very much needed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please make the FSv2 series available in North Europe

FSv2 series has not yet launched in the North Europe region, please make this available ASAP.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Azure Policy - Portal does not support the "properties" property

Not able to define the "properties" property in Azure policy definition via the portal. This means you can't set the mode to "Indexed" as well. Portal should support the entire schema. It only supports part of it.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Azure Policy - Initiative Compliance View Bug

Policy Blade -> Compliance -> Initiative [click name of initiative] -> Initiative Compliance view

Doesn’t show the description of the initiative or the initiative’s assignment

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sort your refund process out

We spoke to your support team about purchasing server usage upfront for 3-years. They advised us that we could and that it would work for us. When we did, it didn't work for us (your support team gave us bad advice) so we asked for a refund. Your support team in India are close to useless. This has taken 3 weeks already and we are no closer to a solution. Obviously, this is a LARGE amount of money. Please have a better process for refunding. And get a better support team who actually know what they're doing. We are really…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Requested a confirmation mail to the user for having received payment and along with a copy of invoice.

Requested a confirmation mail to the user for having received payment and along with a copy of invoice.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Resource Group name doesn't allow parentheses even though docs say so

Currently we are using Azure API’s to deploy resource groups as part of deploying App Service Web Apps. Right now the API docs:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/appservice/webapps/createdeployment

state that parentheses are valid characters in the resource group name, which we send as a parameter as part of the deployment. However, when deploying the resource group, I get an error essentially saying that the parentheses are invalid characters. This behavior is also identical in the portal - the resource group name text box allows parentheses, but upon hitting the “Create” button, I get the same behavior as from the API. (See attached screenshot)

What…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Progress bar on "Save"

When the save will be a long running process (such as in case of application gateway), it is essential to display a progress bar in the "save" notification dialog to let me know if (and how much) it's done/remains.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. "Operated by 21VIanet in accordance with chinese law"

In my opinion, if you visit china and use your Office365, you may have to deal with your Office365 data being routed through china from then on.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create an online portal to retrieve files from Azure Backup

Create an online portal to retrieve files from Azure Backup. This way if there is a site outage, network/isp issue, or the various other issue that can come up backups could still be accessed. It might be faster / less bandwidth then the current mounting of a snapshot.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Azure Data Lake file receive alert

In logic app I didn't see any trigger for Azure Data Lake file (new file created, modified, removed)? Let me know if there is any way to achieve this?

Dinesh

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Rather than terminating an account violating the terms of service with no notice, give customer 24 hours to fix it.

Rather than terminating an account (paid account, killing off a free account with no notice is fine) violating the terms of service with no notice, give customer 24 hours to fix it. Customer received no notice and a $5k account was disabled in the middle of the night. No warning was provided and support claimed they could detail the reason for this interruption.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. increase Azure Backup limit from three times per day to twelve times a day.

I backup every hour during open hours. My SLA prevents from using Azure backup.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Azure Policy - Add Ability to Use Parameters as an Accessor

Please add the ability to use parameters in accessor expression. For example, right now you support "field" and "source". Would be great to be able to compare the value of a parameter to build more versatile policy definitions. This would allow us to pass in parameters (such as a true / false switch) which could then be used with an "allOf" to form a conditional check on something.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Fix the issue with NPM Install for long path

Hi,

On https://portal.azure.com, in "deployment options" I configured to build automatically the WebApp on Azure.
    Each time, the npm install command run, but I have an error:
    npm ERR! path D:\home\site\repository\src\client\nodemodules.staging\npm-d4c06741\nodemodules\libnpmhook\nodemodules\npm-registry-fetch\nodemodules\make-fetch-happen\nodemodules\http-proxy-agent\nodemodules\agent-base\nodemodules\es6-promisify\nodemodules\es6-promise
    npm ERR! code EINVAL
    npm ERR! errno -4071
    npm ERR! syscall rename
    npm ERR! EINVAL: invalid argument, rename 'D:\home\site\repository\src\client\nodemodules.staging\npm-d4c06741\nodemodules\libnpmhook\nodemodules\npm-registry-fetch\nodemodules\make-fetch-happen\nodemodules\http-proxy-agent\nodemodules\agent-base\nodemodules\es6-promisify\nodemodules\es6-promise' -> 'D:\home\site\repository\src\client\node_modules.staging\es6-promise-3ac93eae'

The problem is due to a too long path which is not supported by Azure.

I suggest you to fix this issue or explain how to run npm install without having…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base