(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hi Team, Thank you for resolve my issue.

Hi Team,

Since last 4 month my issue was pending, Now it is resolved So thank you so much to Microsoft team.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Always On (device) VPN Windows 10 PRO compatible

The idea is simple: make the Always On (device) VPN tunnel Windows 10 PRO compatible. Currently it's only W10 ENT\EDU supported/compatible.

Now the device-tunnel itself works fine on W10 Pro machines, just not the auto-connect part after a reboot. Which is silly because of the working workaround.

Workaround:

If you create a scheduled task to run a cmd file (to start the vpn) at system startup as NT AUTHORITY\system, the VPN-tunnel is still available before user logon.

I've tested this workaround with an Azure-only test-tenant / P2S vpn connection, and works perfect for me.

For those interested: I've attached a…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make Always On (device) VPN Windows 10 PRO compatible

The idea is simple: make the Always On (device) VPN tunnel Windows 10 PRO compatible. Currently it's only W10 ENT\EDU supported/compatible.

Now the device-tunnel itself works fine on W10 Pro machines, just not the auto-connect part after a reboot. Which is silly because of the working workaround.

Workaround:

If you create a scheduled task to run a cmd file (to start the vpn) at system startup as NT AUTHORITY\system, the VPN-tunnel is still available before user logon.

I've tested this workaround with an Azure-only test-tenant / P2S vpn connection, and works perfect for me.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make Always On (device) VPN Windows 10 PRO compatible

Workaround:

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Azure Site Recovery Linux Agent needs log rotation

When the /var filesystem fills up due to agent logs not rotating, Bad Things happen to the server. In many cases this is due to the Azure Host Agent failing to properly housekeep. Worse, when /var fills the Azure Host Agent can't even report the usage of /var back to Azure Log Analytics.

There are existing issues open for these problems for the software that exists on GitHub:

https://github.com/Azure/azure-linux-extensions/issues/618 (LinuxDiagnostic)

https://github.com/microsoft/OMS-Agent-for-Linux/issues/1111 (LAD logrotate file invalid)

https://github.com/microsoft/OMS-Agent-for-Linux/issues/932 (Old ZIP files filling up /var)

Azure Site Recovery is conspicuously absent from GitHub, so this feedback item is to track an equivalent need…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Support views in the Oracle connector

Why would the Oracle connector not support views? This restriction is unintuitive and is not mentioned anywhere except for one line in the debugging advice. We have a design based on being able to query views which we now have to revise.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. get IOS device registration id

We checked the IOS device registration code:

SBNotificationHub* hub = [self getNotificationHub];

[hub registerNativeWithDeviceToken:deviceToken tags:tags completion:^(NSError* error) {
    if (error != nil) {
    NSLog(@"Error registering for notifications: %@", error);
    } else {
    [self showAlert:@"Registered" withTitle:@"Registration Status"];
    }
    }];

We can't get the registration id. We checked this SBNotificationHub class header code. It dosen’t contains property or method to get the registration id.

Please add method to in SBNotificationHub class to return the registration id.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. update

FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS
    Create websites and domains in a few clicks
    Launch and manage email networks
    Manage and store web filesCreate accounts for customers
    Monitor and protect your server• FTP-SERVICES : [ proftpd / vsftpd / pure-ftpd / sftpd / tftpd / glFTPd / wu-ftpd ]

• FILE-SHARING-SERVICES : [ SMB / NFS / NIS / WebDAV / ALFRESCO / OwnCloud / Seafile ]

• PRINTING-SERVICES : [ cups ]

• CACHING-SERVICES : [ varnish / memcached / eAccelerator / APC / xCache / sphinx / redis / apache solr ]

• WEB-SERVICES : [ apache2 / nginx / lightHTTPd…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Azure search availability in Canada East

HI, We have a sitecore installation running in Canada Central and US-East. But we would prefer Canada East as primairy and Canada Central as sec. We cannot do that just because Azure Search is not available there (unlike all the other components that we use)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. back up file share automatically for France central region

Add back up file share support for France central region

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Is Azure that bad?

I'm being recruited for a role that's up my alley and I like the employer but they use Azure. I have not used Azure, pretty much all my cloud experience is in AWS.

I have not heard one good thing about Azure, and there's a post complaining about major show-stopping bugs with their service that seems to be in line with what other people complain about here. The bugs in the post seem unreal for a production product and others are saying to stay far away from the entire thing.

Azure is basically on my very short technology blacklist even…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. PowerBI support from MSIT be yanked and PowerBi team or CSS starts supporting atleast for premium capacity

PowerBI support from MSIT be yanked and PowerBi team or CSS starts supporting atleast for premium capacity . Current support model for premium capacity for Internal Team is pathetic and frustrating with all request always going through hops for days and never getting resolved.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Kroger Experience Fuel Points

am amazed to see this website as it is full of information. If you get time then do read how to win Kroger Experience Fuel Points by just taking part in Customer Satisfaction Survey online with so ease and comfort. Follow the guide and rules in order to avail fuel points bonus as well as the cash rewards offered by Kroger Store.

https://krogerexperiencee.com

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create automation to separate resources from other consumers that cause SNAT Port Exhaustion

Because resources are shared among consumers in plans, one person may experience SNAT Port Exhaustion side effects from another consumer. This can cause business critical elements to malfunction without a clear cause.

I recommend that you create some sort of automation that recognizes any snat port exhaustion on a resource, and moves the instance to a restricted sandbox environment where other consumer's resources won't be affected until the issue is fixed.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Restart Azure VM when losing guest OS heartbeat

When a guest OS is crashing (eg. kernel panic), Azure doesn't automatically register this VM as failed. Although an alert can be triggered via Azure Monitor for virtual machines, there should be an option to automatically restart a VM with a failing heartbeat.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Azure needs to accept prepaid cards. That is the only payment method I'm okay with using online.

I am unable to start an Azure account using a prepaid card. This is the only purchase method that is within my security constraints so I cannot use any other method. Please allow the option to use a prepaid card to create and pay for an account for my personal security.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Support a function to check in which Availability Zone a resource has been deployed.

In some cases, users might want to know which availability zone their Azure resources have deployed.

For instance, zonal services can be used to "lock" resources within an Availability Zone in order to accelerate communications as much as possible, but once deployed, a user has no way to check which zone he/she deployed, thus he/she needs to keep the information at the time of deployment.

A function to see Availability Zone via PowerShell, REST API, or Azure Portal may help users very well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. user account for Azure P2S VPN

Right now Azure point-to-site VPN client only using a client certificate for all users to access the Azure point-to-site VPN. For security standpoint, this is really not a good practice. It will be nice if we can have a configuration like other VPN clients, which we can create user credentials (username & password) to connect to Azure network via point-to-site VPN without using a client certificate. This way, we can secure the connection if someone leaves our company without having to recreate the root/client certificate for all users again https://tradevenue.se .

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make the Azure Portal UI Customizable

The biggest hurdle for Junior Admins transitioning into Azure is navigating the Azure portal. The context based menus and seemingly random order of the resources/settings in the menu pane confuse many engineers. Allowing the Azure Portal UI to be customized will empower more engineers when moving from on-prem or another cloud provider accessibility and possibly drive people who are on the fence to Azure. Templates and possibly a UI marketplace could be implemented as well, so engineers can further build a community around Azure.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Is their any help on AV to setup on Linux VM

Is their any help on AV to setup on Linux VM

0 votes
    Vote