(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add support for OpenSSL tooling in Azure KeyVault to Convert certificates

As a KeyVault user you are limited to pem and pfx certificates. This means that you have to struggle with OpenSSL commands if your certificate is in another format like p12.

If KeyVault had simple support to convert certificates using OpenSSL beheind the scenes, it would save a lot of time and struggle to convert certificates as you don't do this very often.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure VPN error report is not detailed enough

The Azure VPN status shows failed, but after we perform a Patch in Azure resource Explorer, the error returned refer to that certificate is invalid. So our customer suggested that It would be great if the expired certificates information was available in the failed text box instead of just saying “Failed”. E.g. “Failed to start because of expired root certificates”.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Mount File Share in CloudShell with Storage Firewall enabled

Want to mount file shares to cloud shell session, but unable to, due to Storage Firewall being on.

Add support for Storage Firewall in CloudShell for mounting storage.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Fix subscription management on Azure

I wasn't able to edit the payment cards on my subscription. After opening a ticket the Azure engineers couldn't fix the broken subscription and asked me to create a new account and to transfer the subscription there.

For an organization that is a major software and infrastructure producer/provider, this is terrible - you can't even fix your own systems.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow to add description for each keys in configuration explorer and show it on portal

Request:
    Please add a column on portal to add description for each keys in configuration explorer, so that the team members can understand the definitions, restrictions etc. of each setting on portal.

Reason:
    Sometimes, we have restrictions on the fields, e.g. it must be positive number, or must be provided with another configuration item, etc. The descriptions on the fields are necessary.
    Without it on portal, we have to maintain a separate doc on these fields, and have to consider the different description for different versions.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Let me know how to delete your ridiculous advertising. There is no way that this intrusive advertising can ingratiate you to a user. If you

I suggest that you overhaul your whole advertising strategy, which is unethical, irritating and, frankly counter-effective. I would never buy a product marketed by you, if only on principle.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow group x delegation of password reset for group y

In EDU, we desperately need the ability to delegate specific teachers password reset rights for students only. As is, I see no way to accomplish this even with a custom role.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Putting provider for bitlocker reader in Azure AD Roles and Admins

Add a Security role to allow Bitlocker Key Viewing be done without having to assign one of the other 6 roles that allow the viewing of bitlocker keys.

For our service desk and tech support techs their job role is providing bitlocker key information for users with locked computers. But to get this information to them we would need to give our SD/TS people roles that allow way more then we would want them to have.

If a Role could be created with just bitlocker key viewing this would help us immensely

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Blueprint

Create a new, customer role for Blueprint import, publish and assignment.

At present, Blueprint assignments have to be via an account with an Owner RBAC permission. This role is above and beyond what is required for Blueprint deployments.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Map IPV6 addresses to locations so we can use it in Conditional Access policies using Countries/Regions as Named Locations

It is not possible to have Conditional Access Policies using Countries/Regions correctly because AAD doesn't map IPV6 addresses to locations.

When setting up Conditional Access, most of us are using Countries/Regions to limit the scope for the access, especially when we see how many sign-in attempts we get on a daily basis from foreign countries.

We therefore add Countries/Regions as trusted locations in the AAD Named Locations.

Problem is that AAD doesn't map IPV6 addresses to locations and therefore map incorrectly users using IPV6 when assessing Conditional Access policies.

Result is that either users are blocked while they are within…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Don't allow administrative units admin permissions to access to Azure AD.

Since the administrative units are a container this should not allow access to other parts of Azure. The point in containerizing a process is to keep it fully separated from all other resources. When you add an admin role to an administrative unit it gives admin permissions to Azure AD even when the setting Restrict access to Azure AD administration portal is turn on.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. kata kunci keamanan masih bisa dibypass

Menurut saya kata kunci untu user aksess ditambah accessoris path security

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make start/stop solution able to target only 1 VM instead, listing each VM to not be targeted.

Hello,

Please create another scoping feature in the Microsoft.Automation - Start/Stop solution, so that a user could target only 1 desired VM, instead of listing all VMs to be ignored in the "VM Exclude List".

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow to customize text normalization in custom speech training.

Text normalization is applied automatically in custom speech training now. Sometimes the text normalization result is not what I want, and suggest to allow user to customize text normalization in specific sentence or phrase.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. No Bandwidth Metrics (MB/s In and Out) for S2S Connections... Driving blind???

In our company, we have 8 Years with AWS and nowdays we are deploying an Infrastructure in Azure, badly we found that there´s No Bandwidth Metrics (MB/s In and Out) for S2S Connections... Driving blind??? I Opened a ticket because of taht and the final answer from Azure´s Networking Team is that this kind of metrics are available only for ExpressRoute... The joking part is that we have more than 50 VPN Gateway Connections... is the most common way of Networking today for any company in the world... for me it is like having a motorcycle / car / boat…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Azure Resource Graph - Add VMSS instances

With Azure Resource Graph, please allow ability to query VMSS instance metadata. For example, it’s not possible to find all the private IP addresses associated with each VMSS instance as they are not part of ARG.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Azure Portal Need to Display allocated\Free spaces from all the databases in a Elastic pool

information provided in the Azure Portal, which was showing my elastic pool with over 50% free space. It would be useful if more information could be provided in the portal to show/include the allocated spaces from all the databases in an elastic pool so that the actual effective free space can be shown.

This will make it more obvious why the error is generated when trying to create/copy a new database.

Long-running operation failed with status 'Failed'. Additional Info:'The elastic pool has reached its storage limit. The storage usage for the elastic pool cannot exceed (XXXXXX) MBs.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Be able to delete disabled subscription

Looks like there is no way to delete the disabled subscription. I just can filter it to not display it. It would be great, we could delete it and you archive it if needed for audit needs

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Provide options for support team to increase Azure Free credits based on Microsoft Employee or Customer request

I am registering this idea as suggested by Business Lead of Azure support team. This feature request includes providing ability to the Azure support team to increase free Azure dev quota from $150 to $250 if a Microsoft employee from a customer facing role (Azure AD or Azure Security Architect) frequently uses personal account in conjunction with AIRS account. My case is with my AIRS account I could not spin up Azure AD DS managed service. So I used my free account but it almost ran out of credit during a demo. Even through I have valid reason for personal…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 81 82
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base