(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Databricks - Excel 365 integration

Azure Databricks have Data/Tables artifacts.

It would be great if we can add Excel365 from sharepoint as such table/data source.

Alternatively it would be great if we could open Azure Databricks Delta Table with Excel like interface or in Excel365

this could be something differentiating Azure Databricks from other Databricks.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow the same deployment options on Linux Consumption Plans as Windows Consumption Plans

At the moment, there are only two options for deploying apps on a Linux Consumption Plan as per the official Microsoft documentation here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-functions/functions-deployment-technologies

I would ask that the same options possible with Windows Consumption Plans will be allowed on Linux Consumption Plans so that developers can do things such as deploying to Azure without having to build locally.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. support "Managment Groups" Scope under CSP Cost Management.

Currently it is not supported selecting a "Management Group" Scope it there are CSP subscriptions (which is currently supported with Azure Plan).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Assign users to group temporarily through PIM

Hi,

Currently, on the PIM, we can assign Azure roles and Azure resources temporarily to groups/users.
    It would be essential for Microsoft to add the feature to assign groups membership to users temporarily.

Meaning that, we would like to have users temporarily assigned to some groups through the PIM and once it expires, they are removed from those groups. That would allow us to enforce the security following best practices.
    It will be essential since a lot of permissions are set according to groups, to access tier service through SAML, to access AKS Kubernetes clusters at different permission levels etc...

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Speaker Recognition Cannot Select Location or Pricing Tier

I contacted Tech support and they suggested I raise my issue here. Attempting to deploy the Speaker Recognition objects which came out on June 1st 2020, however I cannot select a pricing tier or location, this may be a bug in the development.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add option to use Key Vault secrets for connection string inputs in Logic Apps/Azure Service Bus connector.

We have standardized on storing sensitive information in Key Vault for our Apps and Functions to make management and key cycling easier for our team. We would like Logic Apps - Azure Service Bus connector to support this approach as well, rather than managing connection strings on an app by app basis.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make the CompanyName of an user object available in the AAD management UI

To store the data arround guest users it make sense to know to which company the guest user belongs. Therfore already exists a field in an user object. But this field is currently only accessable by powershell. To make the management of this information easier make this field also available in the management UI of Azure AD.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When restoring a SQL Database to another database, Activity Log should log the user who initiated the operation

Currently, when restoring an SQL database to a separate database, the Activity Log for the target database shows the user details of the user who initiated the operation, but the Activity Log of the database being restored from does not log the user details of the user who initiated the operation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. MFA APP couldn't register in China network. the google frame was block by China Government

MFA APP couldn't register in China network. the google frame was block by China Government.
    Could you set the authenticated without google frame or google server?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. MFA Verification Options - Feature to hide specific options during registration.

Allow customers to hide specific MFA Verification options from the registration process without removing the verification options from the configuration. The request is to allow customers to "disable" specific MFA verification options for new users registering while supporting the users currently registered with that MFA option. This feature would be helpful to phase out MFA verification options that were previously allowed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow users to manage webjobs via the Function App UI, as was the case in the older version of the UI.

Before, users could manage WebJobs in the Function App UI, when it was more reminiscent of the Web Application UI. Due to this change, there has been some inconvenient and necessary changes required to move the WebJobs to a Web Application in order to manage them at all.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add date to Release pipeline for Scheduling Deployment in Azure DevOps

Hi Team,

While scheduling a release pipeline in order to implement continuous deployment. We have day options available rather than scheduling it on a particular date .

Although that option is available to the approver of the release but in the later stage but what if the DevOps Admin wanted to schedule it as per business demand.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Microsoft launches the Windows Azure Operating System with the firewall system that Azure uses now

In my opinion, if Microsoft launches the Windows Azure Operating System with the firewall system that Azure uses now, and the desktop display is all in one, inside there are complete features like health and so on, what do you think?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow to have Azure Managed Instance as part of On-Prem Always On Availability group or Distributed Availability group ?about:blank

Is it allowed to have Azure Managed Instance as part of On-Prem Always On Availability group or Distributed Availability group ?

We are considering using Managed instance as Hot Standby and it will be useful migration path as well if we can add Managed Instance to Distributed AAG.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Static Common Label for all Azure Managed AKS Components.

Kubernetes Network Policies work with Namespace match labels and pod labels. In AKS for deployed pods it is required to block all inter k8s service/pod communication except for DNS service and internet. This can easily be achieved through netpols. But in AKS specially the Namespace labels change from one AKS version upgrade to another (not static). This leads to existing netpols not working after a cluster upgrade.

Simply introducing a static label (eg:- managed-by: aks) which would not be changed during AKS upgrades can fix this issue.

This feature request is intented to have a common static label for all…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Azure Cognitive Service: translate result error

api: https://api.cognitive.microsofttranslator.com/ + api-version=3.0

I use multiple line translation, the all origin content is chinese, and got some confused result:
    1. The second detectedLanguage is ja
    2. The second translations has part origin content

origin content:

[

{
    text: 中煎了各样细粥,精致小菜,命人送来劝食。贾珍也另外吩咐每日送上等菜到抱厦内,单与凤姐。那凤姐不畏勤劳,天天于卯正二刻就过来点卯理事,独在抱厦内起坐,不与众妯娌合群,便有堂客来往,也不迎会。
    },
    {
    text: 这日乃五七正五日上,那应佛僧正开方破狱,传灯照亡,参阎君,拘都鬼,筵请地藏王,开金桥,引幢幡 ,那道士们正伏章申表,朝三清,叩玉帝,禅僧们行香,放焰口,拜水忏,又有十三众尼僧,搭绣衣,и红 鞋 ,在灵前默诵接引诸咒,十分热闹。那凤姐必知今日人客不少,在家中歇宿一夜,至寅正,平儿便请起来梳洗。及收拾完备,更衣プ手,吃了两口奶子糖粳米粥,漱口已毕,已是卯正二刻了。来旺媳妇率领诸人伺候已久。凤姐出至厅前,上了车,前面打了一对明角灯,大书“荣国府”三个大字,款款来至宁府。大门上门灯朗挂,两边一色戳灯,照如白昼,白汪汪穿孝仆从两边侍立。请车至正门上,小厮等退去,众媳妇上来揭起车帘。凤姐下了车,一手扶着丰儿,两个媳妇执着手把灯罩,簇拥
    }
    ]

result:

[

{
    detectedLanguage: {
    language: zh-Hans,
    score": 1.0
    },
    translations: [
    {
    text: Fried all kinds of fine porridge, exquisite dishes, people sent to advise food. JiaZhen also ordered to send daily waiting vegetables to the embrace of the building, single and Feng sister. That Feng sister fearless hard-working, every
    1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Poder pagar as faturas assim que elas são fechadas. Como é possível nas faturas vencidas com problema no cartão. como um botão PAGUE AGORA.

Quando a fatura AZURE vence, e o sistema não consegue debitar no cartão de crédito cadastrado, aparece uma opção chamada "PAGUE AGORA". Gostaria que essa opção fosse dada assim que a fatura é fechada, pois a empresa poderia ter uma maior flexibilidade de escolher o momento de pagamento, podendo inclusive pagar antes que a fatura fosse debitada no cartão de crédito.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bring back classic function app managment

The new function app management within the Azure Portal is HORRIBLE!!!! It is very very poor and makes it much more difficult to manage my functions.

I have multiple times that my apps have errors, but I cannot troubleshoot because the new requirement to use app insights. I have to switch back to classic function app management just so that I can see my log outputs to troubleshoot during development.

I also have multiple times that I can't even tell if my function app ran... It won't show up on the monitor tab in the new managment view and I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In Azure backup for an on-premise server, facilitate transfer of data from one server to another.

Currently it is necessary to restore to a new server, then register the new server in Azure Backup. It is only practical to restore, and then re-backup, the latest data. This makes the option of years long retention of data useless: to download, restore, then re-backup recovery points from many years is not practical, as it will not be efficiently stored.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to apply new tags and values to historical billing records

When we bulk update a large number of tags e.g. new cost codes for a new financial year - we want the ability to be able to apply this to historical billing records so that Azure cost management and the usage and billing APIs reflect the changes. At the moment only new billing records created after the change have the new values

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 72 73
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base