(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support Backend IP Address Dimension for SYN Count on Azure Load Balancer Metrics

Currently, SYN Count, which is a metric describes the volume of TCP SYN packets of Azure Load Balancer, is allowed to configure with dimensions, Direction, Frontend IP Address, and Frontend Port.

However, one might want to know the packet volume per backend VM, for example, to investigate the bias of load balancing.
    Supporting Backend IP Address dimension for SYN Count may useful for this scenario.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Run individual Steps inside Azure ML Designer

This is related to Azure Machine Learning Designer. I would like to see a Run Button inside Designer, where I can execute step by step and see output after each stage.
    At the moment I am unable find such button inside Azure Machine Learning Designer.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make Azure DevOps Agents an Azure Trusted Service

Make Azure DevOps Agents an Azure Trusted Service.
    It is very frustating having to code workaround because of this, i.e. when there are firewall rules for key vault or storage.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. exclude my profile application from Condition Access policy

Hope my profile application can be excluded from the conditional access policy.

Currently, we are unable to select it from the CA using its app name or application ID

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. [ASE] Improve the ASE Scaling operation time

Scaling out our App Service plans in an App Service Environment can take over 30 minutes normally (sometimes >50mins). it's very impact the ASE application availability, we would like to know is there other way to reduce the time? Like:

1) Is there any pre-allocated settings in ASE?
    2) Is there any action/plan to optimized the scaling time?

thanks in advance.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. make reservations available in South Africa

Make reservations available in South Africa on a Pay as you Go subscription.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enable reset of PRT to allow for immediate Eligible Device Administrator role through Azure PIM

As it currently stands, if you want to permit specific sets of users to be Device Administrator "eligible" through Azure PIM you may have to wait up to 4 hours for the Primary Refresh Token (PRT) to be updated via Azure before your Azure AD joined devices will acknowledge the Device Administrator role.

This is a big flaw which basically renders this PIM function useless and needs to be fixed by Microsoft. All other Azure AD roles within Azure PIM work just fine when assigning an "eligible" role.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Azure VPN with Azure MFA should require two-factor authentication every time it connects

We are using Azure VPN client with Azure MFA, and the client requires the second factor (code via SMS) only when the user connects for the first time. After that, every time we click on the VPN icon, the VPN client connects automatically, ignoring the MFA requirement, even if we log off the user or turn off the PC. It seems that, after the first authentication with MFA, the client turns into a "one-factor authentication" access, requiring only userid and password. If someone obtains the Windows credentials for a user, an attacker with access to the laptop can connect remotely…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Increase AppGW http/v2 header size limitation

We are currently hitting the AppGW http/v2 (POST) header size when using CORS with attached bearer token. Our basic request is already 3 KB and when adding the bearer token, we are no more possible to send/receive the requests as the header currently grows up to 9KB. This is slightly more than the allowed 4 KB.

We would really appreciate to allow a bigger header size so that we can still work with our OAUTH2 authentication for CORS.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. While creating DB server, "This location is not available for subscriptions"

I've tried to create Azure SQL database server but, while I'm setting the detail of server for location, it keep saying that "This location is NOT available for subscriptions". I tried every location, but NONE of them worked. How should I fix this issue?
    FYI, My subscription is only Azure for Students and I don't have any databse server on my account. I am a brand new user.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Data Drift in Azure ML

I'm working on the new feature "Data Drift in Azure ML", but I had problems when I was testing this tool, the interface to create Datasets from Datastore is not like the documentation, there are changes?.

Also, when I try using format partition like the documentation, the configuration show me some errors, just it works with this format "/{datetime}/filename.cvs" insted "/{timestamp:yyyy/MM/dd}/filename.csv", and the schema section don't display the schema like at the documentation.

I attached pictures.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add option to whitelist more than 5 IP addresses or add a subnet when using NFS shares on the Azure Data Box

Currently the Azure Data Box can only allow 5 IP addresses to connect to NFS shares on the Data Box. Backup cluster devices larger than 5 nodes cannot write to the Azure Data Box. If the Azure data box could allow more IP's to whitelist or to whitelist a subnet, backups or archive jobs would complete successfully. This is highly desired and a big limitation of our use case with Cohesity backup appliance.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Virtual Machines -> Disks tab -> Encryption to include managed Disks' Server-side encryption using customer-managed keys in Azure Key Vault

When we encrypt Azure managed disks with customer-managed keys in Azure Key Vault [1], we can see the disk with "EncryptionAtRestWithCustomerKey" in "Export template" of the Disk.
    However, when we see the same disk in the Virtual Machine, it says "Encryption: Not enabled". Because this encryption status is for Azure Disk Encryption (ADE). We would like to request a feature to include managed Disks' Server-side encryption using customer-managed keys in Azure Key Vault in Virtual Machines -> Disks tab encryption status.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to setup daily budget alert on my subscription consumption

In addition to monthly budget, I would like to be able to set an alert on a daily consumption in order to react immediately and take corrective action to stay in my monthly budget.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Migration of Azure CSP subscriptions to EA tenants

It's relatively straightforward to migrate an Azure EA subscription into CSP, but not in the opposite direction.

There's a workaround available to move CSP subscriptions out into EA tenants (by using a separate PAYG subscription as a temporary staging area), but it has issues and is not commonly documented.

Please refine, formalise and publish the process.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. describe missing properties REST API

according to this document

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/notificationhubs/create-overwrite-installation#see-also

missing describe some properties as in the endpoint "https://{namespace}.servicebus.windows.net/{NotificationHub}/installations/{id}?api-version=2015-01"

what's the id refer to?! not declared!

also, I tried to put it with the subscription id or installation id

alse get in the response

"<Error><Code>400</Code>

&lt;Detail&gt;Installation validation failed with following error(s):&amp;#xD;

One or more characters in device token is not a hexadecimal
    digit...TrackingId:66fcbb91-4b89-4864-95e9-d442ef34c808_G11,TimeStamp:3/5/2020 12:02:37 PM&lt;/Detail&gt;
    &lt;/Error&gt;&quot;

How can I deal with them?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. key vault is triggered once when the secret/key/certificate is found found near expiry in 30 days currently allow additional triggers

Allow key vault to trigger when a secret/key/certificate is 30 days, 15, 10, 5 and 1 day from expiry or make this customizable

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enhance termination notifications of VMSS

Feature reference docs: https://docs.microsoft.com/zh-tw/azure/virtual-machine-scale-sets/virtual-machine-scale-sets-terminate-notification#endpoint-discovery

Here is a description in termination notifications pages.

Termination notifications only on ‘delete’ operations – All delete operations (manual delete or Autoscale-initiated scale-in) will generate Terminate events if your scale set has scheduledEventsProfile enabled. Other operations such as reboot, reimage, redeploy, and stop/deallocate do not generate Terminate events. Terminate notifications can't be enabled for low-priority VMs.

As far as I know, reboot/redeploy/deallocate operation has already been tracked by metadata URL in Virtual Machine. I'm looking forward to have this feature working in VMSS too! It will help us in error handling.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Managed IT services Cloud Services IT support & helpdesk Cyber security Custom Software

Managed IT services
    Cloud Services
    IT support & helpdesk
    Cyber security
    Custom Software

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow select all when removing or adding licenses to individual users in Admin center and Azure

For those Azure Admins it is difficult to understand Powershell scripting when a feature or function isn't available in Azure. Microsoft needs to provide a way that allows non powershell users to select all users when attempting to remove or add.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 62 63
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base