(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. AADSTS50126: "Invalid username or password" returned even when the password is valid

While trying to log in to Microsoft 365 with OAuth2, some customers are getting this error code, although the username and password is indeed correct.

This is because this error code appears to be returned for another error situation which is not related to the password that the user entered.

No matter the actual cause of the error, it is crucially important to properly pinpoint the actual cause of the error, so that the software can respond correctly. Different error cases need different responses from the software.

From the client software side, the perspective of a client software developer, we…

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow GitHub Enterprise to be a source to sync Azure Automation Accounts

Currently there is only three options under the source control blade which allows you to sync Azure Automation Accounts with the latest runbooks. I would like there to be an option to use GitHub Enterprise as a source as a lot of the work that is developed can not be stored on a normal GitHub and my organization pays for GitHub Enterprise

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Monitor alert: Throttling Health Event's title and cause needs to be more specific rather than word like "UserInitiated"

properties: {

title: This storage account was throttled because it exceeded Azure Storage partition request per second, partition bandwidth, or IP scalability limits.,

details: null,
    currentHealthStatus: Degraded,
    previousHealthStatus: Available,
    type: Downtime,
    cause: UserInitiated
    },

==========================

Storage account throttling can be caused by busy storage partitions on the server side which is not related to customers' usage.

The "UserInitiated" wording in the health event cause would lead to misunderstanding of reaching service limit when customers' traffic is not there yet. Maybe we can change the wording to "ClientInitiated".

More specific alert cause can help both customers and support team to identify…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. App Service update history

I would like to know the exact date and time when the Azure platform update was actually performed on Azure Portal.
    I've heard many complaints about not being able to do that.

Many vendors need to report exact date and time to end users.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. linkable support requests

Currently Support Requests (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-portal/supportability/how-to-create-azure-support-request) can not be directly linked to, which makes tracking them in my own internal system and sharing them with my coworkers an difficult and time wasting hassle of copying and pasting just the identifier which they then have to search for themselves in the portal. Communication and information transfer would be much faster with simply a hyperlink pointing to the generated support ticket resource. Nearly every other resource has links which work like this.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Assign users to group temporarily through PIM

Hi,

Currently, on the PIM, we can assign Azure roles and Azure resources temporarily to groups/users.
    It would be essential for Microsoft to add the feature to assign groups membership to users temporarily.

Meaning that, we would like to have users temporarily assigned to some groups through the PIM and once it expires, they are removed from those groups. That would allow us to enforce the security following best practices.
    It will be essential since a lot of permissions are set according to groups, to access tier service through SAML, to access AKS Kubernetes clusters at different permission levels etc...

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Privileged Identity Management (PIM) - Start and End Time in PIM email to be in local time not UTC

Require new feature to customize the time from UTC to local time in the PIM email.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make Azure DevOps Agents an Azure Trusted Service

Make Azure DevOps Agents an Azure Trusted Service.
    It is very frustating having to code workaround because of this, i.e. when there are firewall rules for key vault or storage.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Azure VPN with Azure MFA should require two-factor authentication every time it connects

We are using Azure VPN client with Azure MFA, and the client requires the second factor (code via SMS) only when the user connects for the first time. After that, every time we click on the VPN icon, the VPN client connects automatically, ignoring the MFA requirement, even if we log off the user or turn off the PC. It seems that, after the first authentication with MFA, the client turns into a "one-factor authentication" access, requiring only userid and password. If someone obtains the Windows credentials for a user, an attacker with access to the laptop can connect remotely…

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. AKS Azure IP Ranges GitHub Actions

I'm trying to setup Authorized IP ranges on my Azure AKS but can't find GitHub Actions GitHub-hosted IP's ranges to use in az aks update -n NAME -g GROUP --api-server-authorized-ip-ranges

Also, for all GitOps out there, it would be great to be able to do
    az aks update -n NAME -g GROUP --api-server-authorized-ip-ranges MY_IP_ADDRESS,githubactions

Initial posted on https://twitter.com/TigPT/status/1264146818901979136

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow change of country residency

I changed my country of residency and now my Azure account is pretty much locked up. It does not let me add a new payment method with my new country as the country option is grayed out.

I contacted support and they basically told me the current platform does not allow it!!!

Can you please allow this? For me, it is not an option to use another email address....I have only one email address that I monitor.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Enable reset of PRT to allow for immediate Eligible Device Administrator role through Azure PIM

As it currently stands, if you want to permit specific sets of users to be Device Administrator "eligible" through Azure PIM you may have to wait up to 4 hours for the Primary Refresh Token (PRT) to be updated via Azure before your Azure AD joined devices will acknowledge the Device Administrator role.

This is a big flaw which basically renders this PIM function useless and needs to be fixed by Microsoft. All other Azure AD roles within Azure PIM work just fine when assigning an "eligible" role.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. As part of Azure.AD authentication assertion make sure you return the group membership details, the user belongs to. This will help the serv

As part of Azure.AD authentication assertion, make sure you return the group membership details, the user belongs to. This will help the service provider to make authorization decision based on group membership

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support Hybrid azure joined Devices in Non-Persistent vdi environment

We rely on Conditional access policy to secure o365 resources to Hybrid joined devices. On Non-Persistent VDI resources this process fails on initial logon and requires a user to lock the device before receiving the Primary refresh token. I would consider this a bug. With the need of more remote work options this has become more important to our organization.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Azure resource custom role assignments

When configuring role assignments on an Azure resource, you're not able to change those assignments which are inherited. I have a situation where I need to lock down a resource so very few have the ability to modify/delete. The list of users who should be able to make changes, does not include those that currently have the 'Owner' role at the subscription level. I'd like to be able to disable inheritance at the resource level and be able to reassign the roles.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Serial Console send key(s) on the next reboot

Catching a VM and interrupting the boot sequence has proven to be rather difficult. Failed 3 of 3 attempts at following the following. (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/linux/serial-console-grub-single-user-mode)

Would it be possible to set a flag on next reboot to send some user specified keys to the VM as it is rebooted?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Have Intune remove devices from AAD and delete it's attributes.

When removing a device from Intune, have it delete the device from AAD and have it remove its attributes linked to intune.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. "Managed identities for Azure resources" (MSI): support automation accounts

It would be helpful to add support for MSI to automation accounts.

The vision is that one could run runbooks against resources authenticating with a "System Assigned Managed Identity" rather than than a service principal or the certificate-based "AzureRunAsConnection", which need manual rotation and falls under the same security governance as service principals.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 77 78
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base