(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Recovery Services Azure to Azure between different regions

Hello ! At this moment we can fail over in "Azure to Azure" model only between region's locations. For example if source resource group is located in West Europe we cannot use USA as a target location. Six months ago or more there was a disaster fail of a whole region - unfortunately, I don't remember what was it. However, you will find this event in Azure event logs on the portal. I kindly ask Azure backend team - would you be so kind modify "Azure to Azure" mode and include different regions for target and resource groups please ?…

110 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Replicate NSG - via ASR

Allow replication of NSG and replication or NSG rules between two NSG in Azure regions for DR.

63 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Allow User Account Administrator to enable MFA for users, not require global admin

A best practice is to limit the number of global admins, yet a global admin is required to enable MFA for users. This should be allowed in the User Account Administrator role to enable MFA for users.

31 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • domain services

Upgrade the Azure AD Domain Services Domain Controllers to be Windows Server 2016 instead of Windows Server 2012 R2.

We've switched to having our domain be AAD Domain Services and connected to our Office 365 domain and we'd like to enable Windows Hello for Business, but until those domain controllers are upgraded we can't utilize it. This makes the nice fingerprint scanners on our new machines useless.

21 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Add more Resource Class options for Azure SQL Data Warehouse

It would be great to be able to have additional resource class options made available for larger-scaled data warehouses.

For example, if a process needs 4 concurrency slots to run, the max number of concurrent processes that can be run is 7 and that would be using medium resource class and scaled to DW1500 (of course it would be running under mediumrc and consuming 8 slots which is twice more than actually needed).

It would be nice if instead I could still run at DW1000 using a resource class that consumes only 4 slots (so I could run 10 concurrent…

23 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Block out access to azure resources from outside

I am looking for a way to completely block out access to azure resources from outside of Japan. An access from abroad is most likely from a person who are not from our company.

Recently, I am terribly worried because there are a lot of illegal access from the outside country. It's very reassuring to have the ability to shut off foreign access in Azure. This scenario is difficult to achieve because the NSG feature has a limit in a number of IP addresses which can be restricted.

33 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Allow VIP Swap when Staging slot is up and Running

Recently we had a problem where we had ~1h of downtime which could have been avoided if VIP swap wasn’t failing.
                The problem was that 1 single VM was in a busy state in Production slot. All VMs in the staging slot were up and Running.

Can you please allow a VIP swap if:
                1. All VMs in Staging slot are in Running state
                2. There’s the same or higher number of VMs in Staging slot compared to Production

I know that it’s by design that VIP swap is possible only if all VMs in both Staging and Production slot…

36 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Increase listener limit for Application Gateway

Application gateway has a very low listener limit (20 listeners / certificates). This severely limits it's usefulness for multi-tenant/domain applications where a web farm / service hosts many endpoints. IIS itself has no such small limit, but due to constraints on certificate deployment in cloud services, Application Gateway is the only clear path to wide scale SNI based SSL hosting. With it's low limit, it does not come close to meeting our use case. I would suggest the limit be removed or set to a very high limit like 10k+ so many certificates could be bound to host many different…

74 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • monitor export

We can see some metrics from Monitor Service.
                    But it doesn't have a export UI on Azure Portal against Metrics.(Activity log has export UI.)
                    Exporting these metrics is usefull for point of customer side system monitoring.

30 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Application Insights: Increase length of message property

Message of logged exception is often cut off. Full data cannot be displayed.
                      Please increase length of message property to get full data.

33 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Registering users for Azure MFA with AD FS 2016

Add the ability to support inline proof up (registration) of Azure MFA security verification information with ADFS 2016 login page.

We have over a 100k users and require to enable MFA for federated applications with ADFS. Pre-registering for MFA is a poor user experience and would increase 1000's of calls to the service desk.

33 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Make Azure AD Domain Services available in CSP subscription

Currently Azure Active Directory Domain Services are not available for CSP subscriptions. Firstly because you can't deploy classic VNets in CSP subscriptions and this service is required to setup AADDS. Secondly because AAD is not available for CSP subscriptions to manage from Classic Portal and according to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory-domain-services/active-directory-ds-faqs there is no Powershell cmdlet to turn on AADDS. This means you can't use AAD features like Kerberos authentication in CSP offerings.

245 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            18 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • WAF - Allow access to configure ModSecurity variables such as tx.high_risk_country_codes

The tx.high_risk_country_code and other variables like GeoIP database need to be configured for rules in REQUEST-910-IP-REPUTATION to have any affect. These could be defaulted to a value (and documented) for now, but overriding these ModSecurity variables per instance is needed in the future.

As it stands right now it appears that these are not configured, and are leading to people thinking they are protected by these rules when they are not.

17 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Support CAA DNS Record Type

Add support to the Azure DNS service for the CAA record type so that we can configure restrictions on certificate issuance for our domains using Azure DNS.

56 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Implement a feature that allows password expiry notifications from Azure Active Directory

Enable functionality where admins can turn on "Your password is about to expire" email notifications for Azure Active Directory users. Add configuration items to this so it can be configured to send an email to users at 5 different stages (eg. 14 days out, 7 days, 3 days, 2 days, 1 day) etc. It's 2017 already.

28 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Having a separate Relying Party trust on ADFS for Dyn365For Operations.

This way, the ERP software can be equipped with some extra access policies to secure the application.

67 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Separate Lock/Lease service

Related to this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/architecture/patterns/leader-election

I know its possible to build leader election based on Lease from blob storage.

_but_ this seems very odd to piggyback on another service which is intended for something completely different.

It would be nice to have a distributed lock / lease service as a standalone offering for exactly purposes like the one mentioned in the linked article.

This way, it would be more exposed so that others can find it and understand what it is for.

(It was more luck than anything else that I did find the article on solving it through blob storage…

9 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Azure ARM Templates vague error messages

The request content was invalid and could not be deserialized: 'Required property 'type' not found in JSON. Path 'properties.template.resources[0].resources[2]', line 1, position 4150.'. (Code: InvalidRequestContent)

I just find that error messages like these are no help what so ever. Example, (line 1, position 4150). Can we get a little more specific?

29 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Ability to share a managed image with other subscriptions

The classic use case is when building a base image to be used as a foundation to build other, specialised images for applications. Having to create snapshots and copy them to other subscriptions is hard and time consuming - what would be ideal is to have parity with AWS, where one can share a private AMI with other account IDs.

7 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Add Azure SQL Database Memory Usage Metric In the Portal

Azure SQL Database has ton of metrics available for monitoring in the portal.It would be complete if Microsoft could create a metric for monitoring Memory also.

11 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 152 153
                                          • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Feedback and Knowledge Base