(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable Oauthentication 2.0 on Power Automate Service Now Connector

The Service Now Connector only support Basic Authentication.
    In our company the Infosec team do not allow any connection with Basic Auth.
    For that reason is very important enable another authentication method

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need function for checking the allocate/deallocate status for Azure Firewall

In my understanding, Azure Firewall could be deallocated or allocated via PowerShell.

How can I stop and start Azure Firewall?
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/firewall/firewall-faq#how-can-i-stop-and-start-azure-firewall

But it is not able to check the status for allocate/deallocate via PowerShell or Azure Portal.

If it could check the status for it, it will be more useful.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Implement Password Writeback healthy support through MPN Portal

I would like to inquire about an issue in the CSP portal.
    For an end customer with the Self Service and Password Write Back feature enabled in Azure AD, the correct helathy status is being showed up as working,, this is only being displayed when the tenant is accessed directly through the Azure Portal (portal.azure.com), form the end user perspective.
    If the customer environment is accessed from the partner portal, the same features are being showed as "not working".

This will undoubtedly cause issues for engineers that are trying to essentially fix an issue that is not really broken.
    And…

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Azure student access should also be provided by a valid student if card

Hello I’m an undergrad student from India and I’m really interested in working on the Azure so I’d like to bring to your attention that the problem with Indian universities is very few universities issue student email ids so I’d like to request that you’ll give and other students in India by checking our university ID card or marksheets because a lot of other companies and have softwares have given me student access by providing my ID card

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Azure Learning Path  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make Azure DevOps Agents an Azure Trusted Service

Make Azure DevOps Agents an Azure Trusted Service.
    It is very frustating having to code workaround because of this, i.e. when there are firewall rules for key vault or storage.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. MCAS File policy supports Google Drive with specified Folder

MCAS File policy with specified folder now supports Box, SharePoint, DropBox and OneDrive.

Could you consider to support Google Drive.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. WEBJOBS_SHUTDOWN_FILE configuration using web jobs continuously

continuously using webjobs and constitute a WEBJOBSSHUTDOWNFILE.
    When Azure maintenance occurs, it stops before the file is deployed, even though you have configured WEBJOBSSHUTDOWNFILE.

Please consider our request that files, such as WEBJOBSSHUTDOWNFILE, should be placed before shutdown the server.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. D365 CRM Connector Should have a Standard Method for Handling Special Characters

The Dynamics 365 CRM connector experiences a 502 bad gateway error when text strings contain special characters such as (*, ", /, \, %, #). There should be a standard method for allowing these characters rather than having the connector fail.

I use the replace function to remove the characters and it works, but these characters are important to the text strings as they provide context to the actual text values.

There should be a standard way to wrap special characters so that they are accepted and do not cause the 502 bad gateway error.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. [ASE] Improve the ASE Scaling operation time

Scaling out our App Service plans in an App Service Environment can take over 30 minutes normally (sometimes >50mins). it's very impact the ASE application availability, we would like to know is there other way to reduce the time? Like:

1) Is there any pre-allocated settings in ASE?
    2) Is there any action/plan to optimized the scaling time?

thanks in advance.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. To have a way of identifying the expiry of SAS token of API Management

To have a way of identifying the expiry of SAS token of API Management using command line

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Expend search criteria to more them 50 users

When adding users to an Enterprise Application, the search only shows the first 50 result. I would suggest that this gets expended, as it a pain, if you have more then that.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable reset of PRT to allow for immediate Eligible Device Administrator role through Azure PIM

As it currently stands, if you want to permit specific sets of users to be Device Administrator "eligible" through Azure PIM you may have to wait up to 4 hours for the Primary Refresh Token (PRT) to be updated via Azure before your Azure AD joined devices will acknowledge the Device Administrator role.

This is a big flaw which basically renders this PIM function useless and needs to be fixed by Microsoft. All other Azure AD roles within Azure PIM work just fine when assigning an "eligible" role.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Increase AppGW http/v2 header size limitation

We are currently hitting the AppGW http/v2 (POST) header size when using CORS with attached bearer token. Our basic request is already 3 KB and when adding the bearer token, we are no more possible to send/receive the requests as the header currently grows up to 9KB. This is slightly more than the allowed 4 KB.

We would really appreciate to allow a bigger header size so that we can still work with our OAUTH2 authentication for CORS.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. While creating DB server, "This location is not available for subscriptions"

I've tried to create Azure SQL database server but, while I'm setting the detail of server for location, it keep saying that "This location is NOT available for subscriptions". I tried every location, but NONE of them worked. How should I fix this issue?
    FYI, My subscription is only Azure for Students and I don't have any databse server on my account. I am a brand new user.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. CDN purge authentication API

When purging CDN endpoint using API call, in authentication usually we need to get auth code manually first. We checked the API has only delegated permission, thus OAuth 2.0 client credentials grant flow cannot be used.
    Now our customer have the demand that using API to get auth code then use the code to process the purging process instead of using browser to get auth code.
    Please consider to implement it if possible.
    Thank you!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Can we allow self-hosted integration runtime and Blob in Data Factory's Data Flow feature?

For enterprise where we are not allowed Azure-managed integration runtime because it has public IPs, we need to leverage self-hosted integration runtime (using VM) in Azure Data Factory (ADF).

This set-up works well in the simple Copy Data feature of ADF. However, it does not work with the Data Flow (extract, transform, load) feature. The latter only allows Azure-managed.

Also Data Flow does not allow linked service to a Blob. It can only accommodate Azure SQL Database, DW, and ADLS2.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Data Drift in Azure ML

I'm working on the new feature "Data Drift in Azure ML", but I had problems when I was testing this tool, the interface to create Datasets from Datastore is not like the documentation, there are changes?.

Also, when I try using format partition like the documentation, the configuration show me some errors, just it works with this format "/{datetime}/filename.cvs" insted "/{timestamp:yyyy/MM/dd}/filename.csv", and the schema section don't display the schema like at the documentation.

I attached pictures.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make the free trial available for the length of the pandemic

Microsoft should present zero barriers to people wanting to learn Azure during this downtime. That would include users like myself who got sidetracked after initially signing up and now can't resume without paying. I really want to get into it now that I can fully focus, and bet that many others do, also.

I discussed this in a chat window and the rep said that he'd start a ticket to see if I could get a restart. But I can't find the ticket -- SR120032624005514 -- anywhere. Can anyone tell me how to locate it?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Azure Learning Path  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add option to whitelist more than 5 IP addresses or add a subnet when using NFS shares on the Azure Data Box

Currently the Azure Data Box can only allow 5 IP addresses to connect to NFS shares on the Data Box. Backup cluster devices larger than 5 nodes cannot write to the Azure Data Box. If the Azure data box could allow more IP's to whitelist or to whitelist a subnet, backups or archive jobs would complete successfully. This is highly desired and a big limitation of our use case with Cohesity backup appliance.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Display current setting for HTTP/HTTPS backend port instead of default port (80/443) when changing the http setting of Application Gateway

When we changing the application gateway HTTP setting, the backend port always display as the default port for HTTP and HTTPS (80 and 443), even if we have used another custom port for HTTP or HTTPS.

Sometimes, I only want to change another setting for HTTP setting such as the timeout value, without changing the backend port. But this default display for HTTP/HTTPS port easy to mislead me into changing the custom port accidentally.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 209 210
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories