(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improvement of EA portal

Currently once the administrator sets "AO view charges" Enabled, every Account Owner come to be able to view the all charges of every subsections.
    We demand the improvement about the authority setting so that the Account Owners can see their own subscription's information only.

77 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Need a function to URL path rewriting in Application Gateway

Currently, I know Azure Application Gateway has a function for redirection of URL path based.

Now, I need a function for rewriting URL path during redirecting a request to backend server.

For example, When Application Gateway received a HTTP request to http://www.contoso.com/test/*, it redirects the request as /images/* to backend server.

In other words, I want to set a URL path for backend server in PathRuleConfig in Application Gateway.

53 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Additional Azure Monitor metric - RAM/Memory resource

Considering there are various CPU, Network and Disk metrics available, could we also have "RAM/Memory % utilization" please?

19 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          4 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Embed RLS Power Bi reports with Analysis Service data (live connection)

The ability to embed Power BI reports from a live Analysis Service data connection and use row-level security to control what data a user can access in a "app owns data" scenario.

For more details, see: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Azure-Analysis-Services-RLS-and-Embedding/td-p/239127/highlight/false

24 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Provide a local emulator for Azure Event Hubs

When developing solutions for Azure, it is very useful to have a local development experience. This is good for development, integration tests, and validation of approaches. When using Azure Storage, Cosmos DB, or Service Fabric, there is a very good local emulator story. But for Event Hubs, there is no local emulator story, so all development and integration testing needs to use the real thing, which causes a number of issues. For example, integration tests now need to provision an isolated Event Hub, and then ensure that it gets torn down.

It would be much better if we had a…

58 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Replicate NSG - via ASR

Allow replication of NSG and replication or NSG rules between two NSG in Azure regions for DR.

69 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Please remove the dependency on storage account per each devtest lab

1. One storage account is created for each devtest lab, may be provide option to use existing storage account while creating devtest lab.

2. Please provide a ability to choose an image from Managed Images in the subscription when creating vms in devtest labs. (rather requiring to have devtest lab image)

3. Remove the requirement to copy custom .vhds into each devtest lab storage account to use them for VM deployments.

9 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Recovery Services Azure to Azure between different regions

Hello ! At this moment we can fail over in "Azure to Azure" model only between region's locations. For example if source resource group is located in West Europe we cannot use USA as a target location. Six months ago or more there was a disaster fail of a whole region - unfortunately, I don't remember what was it. However, you will find this event in Azure event logs on the portal. I kindly ask Azure backend team - would you be so kind modify "Azure to Azure" mode and include different regions for target and resource groups please ?…

111 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Azure Storage Firewalls support for Azure Site Recovery

Configure Azure Storage Firewalls and Virtual Networks (preview) function is not supported now. many of my customer wants to restrict any unexpected access to keep their resource safe. In the cloud, it is important that security is guaranteed, so we strongly request that this function can be used.

19 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • First class WebSocket Service

For years now Azure has been piecing together what Hanselman would call lego brick sized services. Ingesting messages? Event Hub. Filtering and aggregating messages? Stream analytics. Reporting? PowerBI.

The one piece that I find missing is a way to get real-time data out of Azure directly to web clients. For thicker clients, they can subscribe to service bus but what I'd really like is a serverless websocket server. Events could be fed into it from services like cosmosDB's change stream or stream analytics or event grid then forwarded out to consumer browsers.

15 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Rename Resources in Azure Resource Manager or Powershell

Ability to Rename Resources in Azure Resource Manager or Powershell. Important for adjusting naming conventions after implementation.

158 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          11 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Add capability to add external users with existing Microsoft account to new portal

The classic portal provided the capability to add users with an existing Microsoft account to your Azure AD. This feature has been removed in the new portal, and apparently the only way to add external users as members is to add them as a guest, and then run some Powershell scripts to make them members.

13 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Have SSMS respect a Resource Lock

When I set a lock on the Resource Group where my Azure SQL Server and DB reside - I can still delete the DB using SQL Server Management Studio This action should at least generate a prompt in SSMS indicating a Resource Lock has been set

6 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Add more properties to Get-AzureRmVMSize / REST

Can you add more properties to Get-AzureRMVMSize. This applies to the REST API too.

When creating a VM and selecting the size, there are many more properties shown in the portal such as IOPS, total NIC and the price, than is returned by Get-AzureRmVmSize.

It might be an idea to also create a webpage for looking up / selecting VM sizes that works similarly to VMWare's Hardware compatibility list: https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php

Similar to:

https://feedback.azure.com/forums/34192--general-feedback/suggestions/16501933-add-the-count-and-type-of-network-interfaces-nic

https://feedback.azure.com/forums/34192--general-feedback/suggestions/15969073-ratecard-metadata-with-their-spec-information

13 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Selection of snapshot retention period by "Instant Recovery Point & Large disk support" Azure IaaS VM Backup

We want to specify the snapshot retention period on a virtual machine basis.
                                However, it is currently registered on a subscription basis and snapshot retention is 7 days which we cannot change.
                                We need more flexibility like mimimun snapshot retention is 1 day or set the retention by each VM.

21 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Allow NSG for VPN Gateway Subnet

We want to connect several devices with our Azure VNET via the VPN Gateway. Therefore the VPN Gateway is configured for P2S connections.

We want to restrict the devices so that they can only communicate with certain other devices.

To implement this functionality we need to assign the VPN Gateway subnet a NSG. Furthermore this NSG should be dynamic, because the IPs provided by the VPN Gateway to its clients clould not be predetermined.

Currently NSGs are not supported for VPN Gateway subnets as well as there is no way to control IP allocation for connecting devices.

12 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Ability to view Support plans in the Azure Portal

The support plans to be able to be viewed in Azure Portal. When monthly statements get sent out support plans are unable to have the statement attached in PDF form automatically. This needs to be added.

12 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Query BitLocker Keys via Microsoft Graph

Implement option to query BitLocker Keys via Microsoft Graph.
                                      This will help to identify the current BitLocker Key from multiple ones, control them from power-shell, delete old values etc...

8 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Grant unlimited access - Custom Vision

Grant unlimited access - Custom Vision

In Custom Vision API, we have limited api access to 1000 calls per day. How to increase the custom vision api access count to infinitive?
                                        Is there any pricing tier introduced?

15 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Increase listener limit for Application Gateway

Application gateway has a very low listener limit (20 listeners / certificates). This severely limits it's usefulness for multi-tenant/domain applications where a web farm / service hosts many endpoints. IIS itself has no such small limit, but due to constraints on certificate deployment in cloud services, Application Gateway is the only clear path to wide scale SNI based SSL hosting. With it's low limit, it does not come close to meeting our use case. I would suggest the limit be removed or set to a very high limit like 10k+ so many certificates could be bound to host many different…

102 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            3 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 140 141
                                          • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Feedback and Knowledge Base