(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. About setting up an on-premises data gateway

The on-premises data gateway is created in the default directory used for sign-in, but I want you to be able to select the directory created during on-premises data gateway setup.

<Japanese>
    オンプレミスデータゲートウェイは、サインインに利用する既定のディレクトリに作成されますが、オンプレミスデータゲートウェイのセットアップ時に作成されるディレクトリを選択できるようにしてほしい

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. have an option whereby you do not require credit card verification- there are countries where they don't exist.

Some countries' policies disallow the use of credit cards, and in those countries (e.g. my country Ethiopia) the .net environment is predominantly popular among developers. So I suggest you provide for a signup offer with out the credit card verification step.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow to select the products on the "Azure Services by Region" Chart

It would be extremely useful in planning for either usage of Azure features or for where to actually deploy them to be able to select some of the products and then see [only] the regions where it is available.

At the moment, all the features are listed, but to build up the matrix across the US, EU and Asia is really hard.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Communicate VM installing Windows updates in a VM to Azure portal

Communicate VM installing Windows updates to Azure portal so that as a user I can tell the difference between a VM being unresponsive due to being broken or just being busy with installing updates.
    Currently there is no way to tell the difference which might lead to users unnecessarily submit support tickets for their VMs being stuck in the Starting stage.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Generate Azure Technical Documentation

We have developed a tool kit to generate technical documentation of your Azure Subscription, I would like to know what you thing about it !
    http://www.azuredockit.com/ and if you should continue to develop the solution.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Buy/Take control of VAWLT (or other multi-cloud systems)

I think Microsoft should buy or take control of VAWLT (https://vawlt.io/) or other similar multi-cloud systems. These systems open the cloud to everyone (no more concerns about security of a specific cloud provider).
    VAWLT is based on "SCFS: a Shared Cloud-backed File System" USENIX’14 research paper (https://www.usenix.org/system/files/conference/atc14/atc14-paper-bessani.pdf).
    It works by only storing ciphered data on the cloud and this data is also distributed among many cloud providers. It may be a more expensive solution, but it is the best solution available for industries which cannot rely on the cloud to store their data at the moment.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sorry page use in ALB or APPGW

I want to use sorry page in ALB or APPGW.

If ALB can use weight policy for load balance, I can provide sorry page in my system.
    Now, I can use weight policy only in Traffic Manager.

I hope other product have same feature.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow use of Azure IoT Hub for Imagine Students

Me as a student, do not have any credit card (and can't buy one) to upgrade my subscription for making use of Azure IoT Hub. Is it possible to make IoT hub available for Imagine students or at least, make a limited edition of IoT hub available?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Include billing rate and total charged amounts to Azure usage for Azure In Open subscriptions

When paying by credit card, you can receive an invoice that shows the total charge for usage during a given month, as well as a breakdown of what was used and how much was consumed. When using an Azure in Open subscription you don't see a calculation of how many credits have been consumed, which is important for recording usage to clients.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide a free tier like AWS - Until then Azure is quite simply too expensive for a lesser product / platform.

We are an MS shop however we use AWS why? because Azure is too expensive to learn and operate and has less feature / scale etc. However we would like to use Azure at some point but realistically it is simply to pricey to be worth the effort.
    ~$200 credits on sign up is a joke - please get serious and allow a free tier where you could actually host a very small system and test out the Azure platform - not just a few minutes of cpu time, developers need a genuine micro server / app platform.
    For us…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Love Problem Solution in Bangalore | +91-7508576634 - Astrologer Guru Ji

Love Problem Solution In Bangalore | +91-7508576634 Read More :- http://www.astrologerguruji.com/love-problem-solution-bangalore/ – We realize better that we might not be capable of survive without love in this World and frankly talking no one will. For an all spherical development of a person, love could be very plenty wished. Properly, as love hassle solution Aghori Baba Ji in bangalore is very primary want for the survival of someone, we can believe that what would occur whilst the affection if your existence leaves you or abandons you. That ache is traumatize and in case you do now not accept as true with…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Recovery Services needs a way to migrate to a new vCenter

We recently ran into a situation where we upgraded our on-prem vCenter by standing up a new server and migrating resources to that. However after doing so we discovered that it is not possible to "migrate" systems replicated in Recovery services to that new server. Instead we have to delete them and then re-replicate from scratch.

Having a way to update a replicated system in recovery services, changing it from one vCenter server to another would be extremely helpful!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Offer a free tier that is meaningful such as Amazon offers for its CDN. AWS Free Tier includes 50GB data transfer out.

Offer a free tier that is meaningful such as Amazon offers for its CDN. AWS Free Tier includes 50GB data transfer out. I would be comfortable creating something for a client knowing that I could perfect the product until it hit the market and not worrying about when the trial expires. Also, some products do not take off, and this would inspire me to take a chance.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. policy for tags enumeration

Set a policy, that only certain values are allowed on a specific tag.
    For instance, if you set the tag: "Environment", you can only set the values "Dev" or "Prod" nothing else will be accepted. (An enumeration of unlimited numbers please)

If a tag is needed in the Azure Portal (UI) Then an combobox (drop down) should be presented.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Start Free (Free Trial Signup)

I tried Start Free trial and it surprised me twice as the error page came twice after signup.

I have used Yahoo email and after signup it went to live.com and got message saying, "live.com" not available.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Users would like to control the InstanceIds of VMSS

Each instances of VMSS(Virtual Machine Scale Set) has a instance id. This id is used as the host name of each instance. And this number is provided as serial numbers. I'd like to control this number.
    E.g. initiliatize this serial number's countup. and so on

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Admistrator can manage Azure marketplace availability per subscription or user

currently admistrator can only manager Azure marketplace availability per enrollment

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. "Azure Machine Learning" category at Azure Feedback.

I want to the category for "Azure Machine Learning" at Azure Feedback.
    I want to some feedbacks about Azure Machine Learning.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Update App Service Pricing

In App Service plans say that a D1-Shared cost "~€0.011 per site per hour" but apparently all the other plans are also charged "per site per hour" and not per instance. This is misleading and it just become clear when we are in hands with a bill higher than expected (eg: 150€ to host 3 simple sites) this pricing seems a bit odd as it becomes exponential more expensive than a simple VM doing the same job (VM ~50€, AppService ~50€ per site).

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Feedback and Knowledge Base