(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Configure point-to-site VPN from Function to VNet

Functions are great. VNets are great. Point-to-site VPN is great. It would be even greater, if you could configure a function app to talk securely with a VNet through point-to-site VPN. Just as you can with a web app.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. AADB2C: List of applications random order / no ordering

The list of applications under "Azure AD B2C Settings \ Settings \ Applications" and also on "Azure Active Directory \ App Registrations" seems to be in random order and it is not possible to order the list, it would be great if the list was possible to order, just like the list in "Enterprise Administrations" for example.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow students to deploy virtual machines for free (to an extent)

I believe that students should have the ability to use higher level features, like deploying virtual machines and document storage systems for free to a point.
    You could restrict it to allowing a limited number of machines overall, and force them to be in a specific pricing block, like the lowest tier. A similar system could be applied to document storage systems.
    This would allow students to deploy systems in a test environment and practice configuring them in a system where they could access it at any given time. And not be restricted to hardware that they have laying around.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 30 days trial is too short for exploring the wast feature set of Azure, it should be based on some cost based on what features get used

It's like the way you do now without the time limit. Give me the credit and give me the time to use it. As a developer, I need time to get to explore the features.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. One year free trail

The free trail is so short to try build cloud base service, and for sure it's not good idea to pay money while development

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Shock the Australian IT industry...

... with amazingly unprecedented pricing for new Azure services opening up to Australia in 2014, and revolutionise the way the Australian market bills for bandwidth and top quality hosting services.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make it possible to drive mapping "Azure Storage" to the local machine (on-premise)

Make it possible to drive mapping "Azure Storage" to the local machine (on-premise) via SMB

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Increase VSO free build minutes per month

Currently, we get 60 minutes for free, but they are easily consumed in our case because we have a gated check-in policy that allows check-ins only if the build is successful. So every time we check something in, we have to build the server.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. MySQL cross region replication

Please enable the function to replicate MySQL PaaS from one region to another Region for the Disaster Recovery purpose

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. SaaS GlusterFS for k8s

Provide a GlusterFS strage or any storage full compatible with ReadWriteMany access modes as SaaS for k8s Cluster.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Why are Free Trials tied to bank card??? And is it even legal (in Europe)???

Free Trial accounts appear to be linked to the bank card used in the subscription -- why a bank card is required for a free subscription is absurd and I even wonder how legal (under European law).

But once a bank card was used for a Free Trial that bank card is "black-listed" from Free Trial subscriptions for 12-months.

Even not thinking about the legal/privacy implications of of that, I've previously used a Free Trial to evaluate some Azure features and now wanted to evaluate Notification Hubs -- not allowed because I'm using the same bank card. It's a different…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add internal dns name for loadbalancer

Is it possible to add the swicth "--internal-dns-name <Name>" for an internal loadbalancer ?
    This is possible for an NIC today, please add this to loadbalancer

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Reconsider first level Translator pricing

For the Microsoft Bing Translator service, the first jump from free tier is to $40 (flat minimum). I have to say that an increment of $40 for the very first paid level, and always charged whether I use it or not, and even if I'm under the free level, compares very poorly with the Google Translation service, which does not have a free level but charges partial subscription fees based on actual usage levels. So there's no jump from $0 to $40 to $60 for Google, even if it's not used, instead it might be $1 or $15 or $45…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Offer Custom SQL Database Tiers

Offer the ability to customize a SQL Database Tier. For example, I have 500 clients that are migrating to the cloud. Azure is great. Each client only needs the S1 Tier. Except 250GB is not nearly enough space. My clients need at least 2TB and this feature should charge per GB like SQL storage does.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Increase Monitor Alert limitation in each subscription

Below see this page.
    https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/monitor/

The number of Alert limitation is 100 in one subscription.
    But customer wants to use more alert by Azure Monitor for Metric.
    Customer know they can request to mitigate the limitation.
    But when they want to configure Azure Metric Alert, every time they don't want to request to Microsoft for mitigation.
    Customer is not familiar with Azure, and it is so many cost.

Could you increase the number of limitation?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Student accounts are very limited.

Student accounts are very limited. They are designed to develop applications and host them, but forget the possibility of incorporating virtual machines and test the universe of the big data.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow a key vault access policy to be restricted to a certain key

If a company has a single KeyVault which holds dev and production keys, as long as you access the keyvault through a valid access policy and key can be used (for the usages mentioned in the access policy).

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to change region of billing.

Ability to change region of billing.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow Startup Owners to configure Bizspark credits among their team members.

Microsoft's Bizspark idea is an wonderful concept to support new start-ups. I had the opportunity of talking to a support guy who had given me the details of the offer. But I have a slight difference on the subject. Now Microsoft wants that more users be members of the program where by each organization can have 5 members each given a $150 credit. But first point here is most of the members may not need that kind of a credit. Second the start-up as a whole which wants to have a production server to host their website. Then in that…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Feedback and Knowledge Base