(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 30 days trial is too short for exploring the wast feature set of Azure, it should be based on some cost based on what features get used

It's like the way you do now without the time limit. Give me the credit and give me the time to use it. As a developer, I need time to get to explore the features.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. One year free trail

The free trail is so short to try build cloud base service, and for sure it's not good idea to pay money while development

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Shock the Australian IT industry...

... with amazingly unprecedented pricing for new Azure services opening up to Australia in 2014, and revolutionise the way the Australian market bills for bandwidth and top quality hosting services.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make it possible to drive mapping "Azure Storage" to the local machine (on-premise)

Make it possible to drive mapping "Azure Storage" to the local machine (on-premise) via SMB

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Increase VSO free build minutes per month

Currently, we get 60 minutes for free, but they are easily consumed in our case because we have a gated check-in policy that allows check-ins only if the build is successful. So every time we check something in, we have to build the server.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. MySQL cross region replication

Please enable the function to replicate MySQL PaaS from one region to another Region for the Disaster Recovery purpose

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Why are Free Trials tied to bank card??? And is it even legal (in Europe)???

Free Trial accounts appear to be linked to the bank card used in the subscription -- why a bank card is required for a free subscription is absurd and I even wonder how legal (under European law).

But once a bank card was used for a Free Trial that bank card is "black-listed" from Free Trial subscriptions for 12-months.

Even not thinking about the legal/privacy implications of of that, I've previously used a Free Trial to evaluate some Azure features and now wanted to evaluate Notification Hubs -- not allowed because I'm using the same bank card. It's a different…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add internal dns name for loadbalancer

Is it possible to add the swicth "--internal-dns-name <Name>" for an internal loadbalancer ?
    This is possible for an NIC today, please add this to loadbalancer

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Reconsider first level Translator pricing

For the Microsoft Bing Translator service, the first jump from free tier is to $40 (flat minimum). I have to say that an increment of $40 for the very first paid level, and always charged whether I use it or not, and even if I'm under the free level, compares very poorly with the Google Translation service, which does not have a free level but charges partial subscription fees based on actual usage levels. So there's no jump from $0 to $40 to $60 for Google, even if it's not used, instead it might be $1 or $15 or $45…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Offer Custom SQL Database Tiers

Offer the ability to customize a SQL Database Tier. For example, I have 500 clients that are migrating to the cloud. Azure is great. Each client only needs the S1 Tier. Except 250GB is not nearly enough space. My clients need at least 2TB and this feature should charge per GB like SQL storage does.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Increase Monitor Alert limitation in each subscription

Below see this page.
    https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/monitor/

The number of Alert limitation is 100 in one subscription.
    But customer wants to use more alert by Azure Monitor for Metric.
    Customer know they can request to mitigate the limitation.
    But when they want to configure Azure Metric Alert, every time they don't want to request to Microsoft for mitigation.
    Customer is not familiar with Azure, and it is so many cost.

Could you increase the number of limitation?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Student accounts are very limited.

Student accounts are very limited. They are designed to develop applications and host them, but forget the possibility of incorporating virtual machines and test the universe of the big data.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow Startup Owners to configure Bizspark credits among their team members.

Microsoft's Bizspark idea is an wonderful concept to support new start-ups. I had the opportunity of talking to a support guy who had given me the details of the offer. But I have a slight difference on the subject. Now Microsoft wants that more users be members of the program where by each organization can have 5 members each given a $150 credit. But first point here is most of the members may not need that kind of a credit. Second the start-up as a whole which wants to have a production server to host their website. Then in that…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. <Request>App service plan Increase storage size and add

To increase the size of the App service plans storage and add it, you need to scale up the App App plan, but you need a function to add more storage by adding more storage than the scale up.

<In Japanese>
    Appサービスプランストレージのサイズを増やして追加するには、App Appプランをスケールアップする必要がありますが、スケールアップよりもストレージを追加してストレージを追加する機能を実装要望します。

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow free trail extension for people taking MS training or learning

Beyond 30days. Allow free trail for those learning Azure via online training, ex openedX. Additionally, allow capped Azure accounts for continued learning, example developing a project. Capped meaning it is limited to an amount of services per month.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Develop a native Azure diagramming tool similiar to the old ISABPA Network diagrammer, but better.

Develop a native Azure diagramming tool similar to the old ISABPA Network diagrammer, but better.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I need to change customer data on already generated invoice, but I can't!

My invoice was generated with wrong company name and address and nobody can change it. I can't pay an invoice with wrong data on it!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. <Request>Webjobs to be usable on Web App On Linux

I want Webjobs to be usable on Web App On Linux. I hope for early implementation.

<In Japanese>
    WebjobsをLinux上のWebアプリケーションで使用できるようにしたい。 早期実施を希望します。

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add support for nested virtualization

Add support for nested virtualization in Azure VMs. That way developers could test Linux Docker containers on Windows.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Hi Please send me all your managers Credit cards and also there personal adresses and privite phone numbers, then I can add my cc to this

I dont want to leave any creditcard as verification as it is totally bull you need that for any other then removing money at some point.

If not feel free to send me a list of all your managers creditcard, just so I can verify that they are serius.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Feedback and Knowledge Base