(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Windows 8.1, Windows 10 in x86 32bit mode

Currently I can only deploy (create) Virtual Machine (resource based) based on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. Both are 64bit.

I would like to have ability to create a x86 based, 32bit based Windows Virtual Machine, 8.1 and/or Windows 10.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need migration assessment tool for JAVA Apps

Need migration assessment tool for JAVA Apps. This tools runs on Windows platform with tomcat server to assess the code based on 12 factor for Azure Web Apps

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Unable to select App Id LUIS Connector for Logic Apps

<English>
    The LUIS connector for Logic Apps is not available for standard use due to the update and now we need to input the App ID directly to use it.
    We request early improvement since this situation might cause lots of confusion to users.

<Japanease>
    ロジックアップにおけるLUISコネクターにおいて、App IDの選択ができなくなり、App IDを直接指定する利用となっています。
    利用において混乱を招く可能性が多くあるため、早期改善を要望します。

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Provide a means to mark an IaaS Virtual Machine as unhealthy or 'not yet ready'

Currently when the infrastructure decides to reboot a VM for maintenance there is some kind of internal probing done by the Hypervisor to determine when the VM is healthy and then to reboot VM's in other fault/upgrade domains.

The conditions under which a VM is considered healthy is too optimistic.

Our database servers need 5-15 minutes to 'warm up' before being 'healthy'. This means the infrastructure is taking down both our primary and secondary virtual machines in a time frame that overlaps with both their warmup periods, bringing down our production application.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. privileged identity management activation from office portal

privileged identity management activation from office portal

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Support csvfs file system

Please support CSVFS file systems

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add Azure environment variables to Instance Metadata Service

In Instance Metadata Service, I was disappointed that I did not see a way obtain information about the Azure environment for a VM. For example, I want a VM to discover its subscription ID, tenant ID, and resource group name in which it was created.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. server essentials experience

Provide a VM image for Windows Server 2016 with essentials experience

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Binaries building and hosting for Open Source projects

In Nodejs world, building native binaries for several platforms using node-gyp and wrapping it with nodejs wrapper is getting popular.
    Case in hand is node-sass, a wrapper around libsass, which builds and host its binaries on GitHub, which happen to be a not very viable solution. See https://github.com/sass/node-sass/issues/504 and https://github.com/sass/node-sass/issues/535.

It would be nice if Windows Azure team shed some love towards open source community and provide building binaries on multiple platforms (Windows, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, CentOS, FreeBSD and Mac) and hosting them for free of cost.

On a related note, it would be great if Microsoft consider building…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add ability to bulk delete old images in ACR

Please add the ability to remove multiple images from ACR. These are piling up as we do automated continuous deployments and there's no clean and easy to purge old and no longer needed images.

Sometimes I'm able to delete one image at a time, sometimes this option is disabled. It would be awesome to have checkboxes with a select all option and do a bulk delete, or better yet, set up rules for images older than x versions to be auto wiped

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have an Elastic DB Pool, and attempted to resize my eDTU performance level from 100 to 200. This has taken hours and still reports as "Up

I have an Elastic DB Pool, and attempted to resize my eDTU performance level from 100 to 200. This has taken hours and still reports as "Updating...".

I know that this is still preview, so maybe that is it. It also appears that there is an issue in East US 2 with Network Infrastructure and Storage so maybe that is the problem. Or maybe I ran into a new bug that the engineering team needs to be made aware of....

Not sure, but thought I'd report it,

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Need to have cap on each Azure Account

Azure Dev team, need to plan to include cap ($) on each azure account. If it reaches that cap limit, the azure admin needs to update the cap details, for that particular account.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow me to repair my Azure Virtual Machine VHD online through a tool because my VM on Azure had a power outage and it needs disk repair.

Have access to the VM to fix my disk issues. My VM won't boot because of a bad disk causes by a power outage in Azure. The Diagnostics screen capture shows I need to do a chkdsk or a repair, and well you can't type in a bitmap image. Now I wait up to 18 hours for a customer service rep to fix the problem which I should be able to do myself as if the VM was here in my office. And no, downloading the 128GB VHD and repairing it locally then uploading is far from an optimal solution.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Support of Scalable Oracle RAC

Currently Oracle Standard supports Oracle RAC for High Availability which is very cost effective compare Oracle Dataguard which is supported as of now on Azure.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. alter when Azure initiated host node reboot action and VM does not work

When there is Azure initiated host node reboot action going on then there is issue RDP to the VM and this is ack by MS team.
    Can MS alert the VM owner when such things happening?
    it will be helpful to the team to know rather doing troubleshoot.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add Papua New Guinea to your country list where Azure is commercially available

Hello, I am a Software Developer the love developing Web Applications using Visual Studio and Microsoft SQL Server as Database Storage Engine.

However, in my country the existing Internet Service Providers(ISPs) do not offer Web Hosting Services with functionalities such as Control Panel for easy deployment of my Web Applications with seamless integration with SQL Server.

Having developed web applications for use on premise for a long time, I now see Microsoft Azure as the answer to my prayers to start developing web applications that can be reached on the Internet both from within my country and worldwide.

Please add…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. dumb voip requirements for Azure sign up

Because of the dumb backwoods requirement to have a NON-VOIP number in order to sign up for Azure instead of using MS's Skype, our modern VOIP numbers, or just using a CC number like modern corporations, I suggest that you look up local payphones and have MS call that payphone with the connection number.

Hopefully MS will join the 21st century some day. At least the no longer use fax numbers.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Azure B2c - oauth client credentials grant type support

when we likely to have support in azure b2c customer policies for client credential flow for external idp like identity server 4?

further information for understanding is here

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40310659/azure-b2c-client-credentials-grant

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Good

Nice

5 votes
    Vote