(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. OS Upgrade feature fo VM's

Currently OS upgrade feature for Windows VM's is not supported. In order to upgrade we need to literally do a migration. I would hope to see the feature to upgrade VM OS which would make Azure the best cloud offering

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix Scale-out for Tomcat

The implementation of Azure WebApp scale-out is done by sharing the same filesystem between instances. This works fine for .NET applications in IIS but not for applications in Tomcat.

To run properly multiple instances of Tomcat, separated "webapps", "logs", "temp", and "work" folders are needed per instance.

Without separated "webapps" folder, when the 2nd instance of Tomcat tries to expand the war file has do deal with locked files from the 1st instance. Errors start to occur for every requests forward from the load balancer to this 2nd instance.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. See the number of outbound tcp connections (OpenSocketCount) and the count for each web app within a particular app service plan.

See the number of outbound tcp connections (OpenSocketCount) for each web app within a particular app service plan. I have had issues were all web apps in that service plan were failing when accessing sql server or service bus relay (anything that needs an outgoing tcp connection) because the number of open tcp connections exceeded the plan limit. I had to request the information from support to figure out what web apps had the majority of the open sockets.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Faster Disks for Web App for Containers

Have the ability to attach an Azure Disk to a Web App for Containers. Or some way of getting fast disk performance from Web App for Containers.

I'm running fine in AKS but would like the ease of use of Web App for Containers.

Issue described and responded to: https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/issues/10422

Related to:
    https://feedback.azure.com/forums/34192--general-feedback/suggestions/34655524-map-azure-file-share-as-volume-to-web-app-for-cont

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Computer Vision Api - Increase rate limit for standard tier

I have a concern using the Standard tier in a production environment.

My users can select and upload multiple images and I'd like to make 3 calls per image (1 analyzer, 2 thumbnails), naturally preferring to make those API calls concurrently.

Doing so, even with a single user uploading 4 images, when done concurrently, I'm over the 10/sec rate limit and this doesn't even begin to factor in multiple users trying to upload at the same time.

With rate limits so low I'm either going to have to make a bunch of Vision API accounts and do some kind of…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. CSP

Please allow for CSP Subscriptions to be transferred to other Active Directory Tenants.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add SUSE 12 support for Service-MAP

Add SUSE 12 support for Service-MAP

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow transfer the credits between AIO subscriptions

A product key (to recharge our credit) was added to an incorrect Azure In Open subscription, therefore credit was added into wrong place. We wanted to transfer the credits between AIO subscriptions and we received information "it is not possible to transfer the credits between subscriptions as per design limitations" (we used 3 keys so we wanted to transfer only 2 of them). Now the only option for us is to transfer services into subscription with higher credit.
    It would save hours of work if the "transfer the credits between AIO subscriptions" would be allowed.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. VMs access for troubleshooting

A thing that would help tremendously in troubleshooting VMs in Azure would be out-of-band access. That would give more options to the user for troubleshooting connectivity issues.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. SSAS data models for Azure

SSAS data models for Azure

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. billing chart. "UNAUTHORIZED. Insufficient privilege to see the billing data."

I am getting this error while checking billing chart "UNAUTHORIZED. Insufficient privilege to see the billing data."
    I can able to see my billing history up to yesterday. But today i am getting this message.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enable SQL Server Configuration option after migrating a Managed disk SQL VM

Hi

We basically need the SQL Server Configuration option to be enabled when we do migration by copying the managed disk and recreating the SQL VM, this is a huge requirement that should be fulfilled when we talk about doing SQL VM Migrations to CSP.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Improved AZURE status page (past incidents)

I m working with several cloud providers GCP/AWS and AZURE in the future. They all offers a status service :
    http://status.aws.amazon.com/
    https://status.cloud.google.com/
    We are aggregating them in a unique page available to our DEVOPS team to easily detect if an error is due to IAAS provider or not.

Azure also has such service (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/status/ ) but the logic is different since the RSS do not contains past incident. Azure has a dedicated page to incident (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/status/#history ) but they cannot be retrieve with an API (JSON or RSS/XML).
    This specific logic prevent us to retrieve the past incidents…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. RDS IP Virtualization in Azure

We are not able to use RDS IP Virtualization in Azure due to limitation in Azure. This is required in multiple scenarios which is working like a charm in on premises. Please do the needful to support this.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Logic apps availability on Azure stack

When can we expect to have availability of logic apps on azure stack for on-prem deployments?
    This would greatly enhance logic apps as Hybrid iPaaS..

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enable configuration of how long MFA can be remembered within a Conditional Access Policy.

A configuration option to how long an MFA can be remembered within a conditional access policy.
    Would enable a longer window for MFA challenges on registered devices (eg Outlook on Mobile devices)
    While allowing a narrow window when signing on with browser access to from an unknown device.

Being able to configure how long MFA is remembered per policy would provide more flexibility to protecting the user identity but account for more known and unknown device scenarios.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow Azure trial renew

As we're still learning while managing our corp. subscription(s) but there are feature we want to check on trial account instead of directly on corp. subscription. On corp. subscription we can't do much testing. So you can ask trial user to remove his/her old resource before renewing the trial (so that a user can't keep prod VM(s) in trial subscription) but we want trial renew (it even can be for 15-20 days) for checking new options/feature we may want to implement on prod environment.

Do consider this please.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. PowerBI Embedded vNET support

Currently PowerBI Embedded is able to access from all network. Our partner would like to limit access from vNET.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Delete Protection in Azure DNS Zone

Team,

I suggest that when Deleting a DNS Zone it should ask the user to type the full name of the zone, just like it does when you delete a Resource Group from Portal.

recently, one of our Admin's by mistake deleted entire zone when he was trying to delete a record.

Since that happened, we have used locks but locks are not that efficient, because whenever we want to delete a record we have to remove the lock first.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base