(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow to use owned org domain as an MSA account when subscribing to live.com account

When subscribing to Azure, previously it was allowed to register new live.com account with email@myorg.com even if myorg.com was Office 365 subscription as long as there was no such address registered on live.com already. With the most recent update with Active Directory, the domains owned by the company is no longer allowed to be added as an MSA (Microsoft Account).

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a "Blob Storage Connection Status" to the diagnostic tools for Function Apps

Recently we encountered an issue where blobs in an "azure-webjobs" container (used by Azure Functions) were placed into the "Archive" access tier automatically by a rule configured in our storage account.

This resulted in us being unable to list or add function keys to our function app instance in the Azure portal, receiving only a nondescript "internal server error" message.

It also resulted in all invocations of functions on that instance responding with a 500 error (and no further information), and the invocations not appearing in the AppInsights logs.

As we had no information in the error messages we were…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Correct invoice with correct Invoice Total

The current invoice layout were previous months invoiced sum is included in the new period Invoice Total creates problems. It does not work in our invoice scanning and our staff miss that the invoice total is incorrect.

The invoice need to only include new items/services that has not previously been billed in the Invoice Total.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add SUSE 12 support for Service-MAP

Add SUSE 12 support for Service-MAP

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. VMs access for troubleshooting

A thing that would help tremendously in troubleshooting VMs in Azure would be out-of-band access. That would give more options to the user for troubleshooting connectivity issues.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. SSAS data models for Azure

SSAS data models for Azure

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Simulate outage of any Azure service

As an Azure customer, I want to be able to simulate an outage of any Azure service my solution is using. This will allow me to test resiliency of my solution against various service outages. It will be useful for Azure itself too (think about the latest South Central outage).

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Improved AZURE status page (past incidents)

I m working with several cloud providers GCP/AWS and AZURE in the future. They all offers a status service :
    http://status.aws.amazon.com/
    https://status.cloud.google.com/
    We are aggregating them in a unique page available to our DEVOPS team to easily detect if an error is due to IAAS provider or not.

Azure also has such service (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/status/ ) but the logic is different since the RSS do not contains past incident. Azure has a dedicated page to incident (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/status/#history ) but they cannot be retrieve with an API (JSON or RSS/XML).
    This specific logic prevent us to retrieve the past incidents…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Delete Protection in Azure DNS Zone

Team,

I suggest that when Deleting a DNS Zone it should ask the user to type the full name of the zone, just like it does when you delete a Resource Group from Portal.

recently, one of our Admin's by mistake deleted entire zone when he was trying to delete a record.

Since that happened, we have used locks but locks are not that efficient, because whenever we want to delete a record we have to remove the lock first.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Windows Virtual Desktop Support for AAD Joined

I have been considering Windows Virtual Desktop for our company. However, none of my staff have AD joined devices. They are AAD joined. Seeing in the documentation that WVD doesn't support being AAD joined means I won't consider WVD. It is a step way backwards for my organization to use on-prem AD when I am trying to get rid of it. I propose supporting AAD joined WVD. Thank you.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Microsoft Should consider offering cloud services (Microsoft Azure) for Liberia, West Africa

Microsoft Should consider offering cloud services (Microsoft Azure) for Liberia, West Africa.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Take the restriction [Australia Data Centers need a local billing address] off

We have some Australia customers there, we would like to use the cloud resources in those data centers to serve the customers there. but we are a US company. How can we use the data centers in Australia?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. add the ability to get the thumbprint of a certificate stored in Azure key vault in an ARM template

Currently, we can do things such as access the latest version of a secret using secretUriWithVersion so that we never have to hardcode the secret version. We should also be able to something similar for getting the certificate thumbprint of a certificate stored in Azure key vault. This would be very useful for the Azure resources that need these in ARM template deployments.

For example, Service Fabric clusters require the certificate thumbprint, and App Services, such as Azure Functions, use WEBSITELOADCERTIFICATES environment variable to enable searching for a certificate by thumbprint in the certificate store.

With this change,…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Health alert email option to send as text instead of html

Currently with health alerts they come as html. I would like the option when configuring them to either send as html or as plain text. it is much easier to parse emails in plain text.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Appgw header limiation 16K

Hey Appgw
    We are hitting a limitation of header. which only allows 16K. the reason is we have Kerberos service running behind appgw, and Due to the principle of Kerberos serivce, the traffic would be encrypted and sent through appgw, this cause the header is much more bigger than usual, this is expected behavior by Kerberos, but appgw doesn't support seems to be sad story, could we consider this as feature request?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Logmein

I would love a LogmeIn connector for Intune. It is very very simliar to Teamviewer. Logmein seems cheaper, easier, and is based in the USA..

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Azure Media Player - Is there any way to add custom icon (for a new plugin) to the right control bar icons?

I am adding a new plugin, where the functionality will be triggered on a button click (by adding a new icon the control bar). Is there any way, we can send icon details to azure media player options which creates the icon on the right control bar(near to sub title) so hover functionality will be added by default.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. CSP detail billing model

Hello,

I will really appreciate if you can help us and connect with chain management team. I want to share my feedback on this ticket. Since in all the billing model, i.e. Open, Pay as you go, Enterprise Agreement, customers can see their billing and cost analysis themselves which is not available in CSP billing model. As suggested by your colleague, we have exported the usage from the CSP portal but in the same, it provides details with resources ID which we don’t need.

I am just giving you an example, we are having lots of customers in our CSP.…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Improve the speed and accuracy of the Azure Status page

Recently Azure AD experienced a major outage that affected every service in Azure that used AAD for authentication.

Unfortunately, the Azure Status page never reflected the outage and the manually typed report came in over 30 minutes after most of our users started reporting problems related to Azure AD Authentication. The manual report also indicated that the problem was limited to the Azure Portal, but was not. It was widespread to every service that used Auth through Azure AD.

Please make the status page more accurate, (automated if it's not?) and reflect outages sooner.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow to access one database from another database on same server same as SQL Server allows currently.

Azure database are not allowing to access another database's object which are on same server.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base