(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A real time hearing AI API

A service to automatically transcribe spoken words to text. It could tie into existing apps to help people with hearing problems or transcribe any video that has no subtitles

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reports on servers in Deployment Schedules

With hundreds of servers in different Update Management Deployment Schedules (for windows updating), I find listing and exporting the membership of these groups of computers extremely necessary. I regularly have to audit which servers are in which schedules for patch management, and having to log into each schedule, then click on the "Machines to Update" field and scroll through each, to know if a machine needs to be removed or added is ridiculous .
    Everything else in Azure is a query and Boom! you have your output. But I am told that this isn't available by query or some build…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. QnA Maker: unavailable in current resource location

When I try to create QnA Maker resource in my Azure subscription it shows me an error in "Management pricing tier": "Unavailable in current resource location". Why is it happening now?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide HA for Cisco ASAv or just give some SLA for single appliance.

Current Cisco ASAv deployment do not support native High Availability.
    Since it is critical to have (ie Azure Virtual Gateway has it) please provide some form of redundancy or provide some SLA for such appliances.
    I understand that limitation of L2 implementation in Azure can limit ability to create active/standby failover. So can you provide seemless migration of appliance or guaranteed restart time for VM or any other option.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Phone Extension Field when 2FA is required

Some Organisations do not offer a Direct Dial Phone Number for their Employees. The employees are reached via switchboard and extension number. Currently in Azure there is no field to put in an extension number.
    AWS do offer this facility and this has meant that it is easy for them to be reached on their desk phone. If we could include this facility it would be really helpful.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. [Azure China FeedBack] Node reboot should be notification to end users via Email or Alert.

If node reboot/crash or VM has to automatically moved to a different and physical node to avoid further impact . A notification should be sent to end users which VM running on this node. Our customer complaint that they didn't receive any emails or alerts when VM reboot was caused by physical node unhealthy.

This should be a future of Azure China notifications

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. please update this roadmap page to reflect that Availability Zones are now GA in a few regions and in preview in a couple of other regions.

Please update this roadmap page to reflect that Availability Zones are now GA in a few regions and in preview in a couple of other regions. Please also give an indication of when Availability Zones are expected to go GA/preview in other regions (especially North Europe).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. storage account - allow firewall of intranet address for on-premise network

In storage account, firewall and virtual networks, the firewall part. It says "Add IP ranges to allow access from the internet or your on-premises networks. ". However, there's a limitation here that only public IP can be set here.

Can we have a feature that allow setting a firewall over intranet IP or CIDR so that we can connect to the storage accounts over our Azure Connections from our On Premise sites?

Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Edit HTTP status code by IP restriction

With the IP restriction function, the HTTP status page is only 403.
    Just like web.config, it is good to have a function that can be customized by Azure portal.

<ipSecurity allowUnlisted="false" denyAction="AbortRequest">

<add allowed="true" ipAddress="192.168.0.101" />
    <add allowed="true" ipAddress="172.16.0.0" subnetMask="255.255.255.240" />
    </ipSecurity>

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Restart Azure VM when losing guest OS heartbeat

When a guest OS is crashing (eg. kernel panic), Azure doesn't automatically register this VM as failed. Although an alert can be triggered via Azure Monitor for virtual machines, there should be an option to automatically restart a VM with a failing heartbeat.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Improve sign in audit logs for password sso applications

The sign-in logs for Enterprise Applications do not include any logging information if the SSO method is password based.

Azure performs some processing behind the scenes (checking the user account has permissions, etc), so this information should be available through the sign in logs.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. New location coverages in Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates (Very Important)

I have an important suggestion: Dear Microsoft Azure team, provide and make plans for new coverage and host locations in Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates. Thank you so much.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Media Services host in UK South

Hi, currently media services aren't available in the UK datacentres meaning storage accounts have to be hosted elsewhere. Ideally for us (and I can imagine a growing number of businesses going forwards) we would need this data stored in the UK to ensure UK data protection laws are adhered to!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. black list,public ip

First of all, All Azure public IP must be removed from Hotmail blacklist, and Azure should stop changing public IP address whenever you reboot , let1s say you have a smart host, When you reboot your VM, the IP will change, we have to change in many places, or you have a DNS server god forbid!!!! More dangerous

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. kubernetes in east asia region

As the only non-China-based cloud platform with Datacenter in Hong Kong, AKS is the first choice for Hong Kong companies. Please include more services like Kubernetes in Hong Kong region. Thank you.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make Always On (device) VPN Windows 10 PRO compatible

The idea is simple: make the Always On (device) VPN tunnel Windows 10 PRO compatible. Currently it's only W10 ENT\EDU supported/compatible.

Now the device-tunnel itself works fine on W10 Pro machines, just not the auto-connect part after a reboot. Which is silly because of the working workaround.

Workaround:

If you create a scheduled task to run a cmd file (to start the vpn) at system startup as NT AUTHORITY\system, the VPN-tunnel is still available before user logon.

I've tested this workaround with an Azure-only test-tenant / P2S vpn connection, and works perfect for me.

For those interested: I've attached a…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. sspr

Some customization I am looking for are not in the documentation so I am wondering if we can customize the following items:
    - Text on the web page of user registration.
    - Text in the email of confirmation
    - Text in the email (secure code by email)
    - Redirect to an external webpage after user registration.
    - Host a link (forgot password) on user's PC login windows (i.e. Windows 7 or Windows 10).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Cost management - Schedule and Hourly Details

Two points that can be added as enhancement :

1. Currently we don't have a time as of when we can schedule the Cost management extracts . So it would be good to have one .

2. If we get the extract on more granular level i.e. Hourly basis .

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base