(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. My feedback code is W011THSD. It has always been a great experience shopping at westside. thanks..

My feedback code is W011THSD. It has always been a great experience shopping at westside. thanks

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Export all" is missing for downloading devices in "Devices - All devices"

"Export all" is missing for downloading devices in Azure's "Devices - All devices"? Please add this feature or advise how to export all devices list from AAD.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Provide built-in USQL extractors for XLSX, JSON, XML file types which are very common.

Provide built-in USQL extractors for XLSX, JSON, XML file types which are very common.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Offer missing services in Brazil (Recovery, RDSH template, etc.)

As a South American company working with 'old style' internet providers that have differing bandwidths or fees for 'nternational' traffic. The more services we can get near our location the better.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Export Azure DNS Zones to the format of BIND

Hey
    We wanna backup all our current azure DNS Zones. But currently only Azure Standard format is supported. that means there no solution to allow us to backup these zones/record in to the format of BIND. As Azure support import zones by the format of BING, but not export. this is quite incovenient for our such large amouns of DNS zones. plz review this proposal.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Azure Site Recovery HyperV clean up after removing protection

I recently had to move protection of on-prem HyperV site to another new subscription. During the move I removed protection for the VMs (/not managed)
    On-prem the HyperV Host was still under the impression that the servers should be replicated. I got various problems re-enabling the protection of VMs. I found out that I needed to clean up manually by using these PS :
    $vmName = "SQLVM1"
    $vm = Get-WmiObject -Namespace "root\virtualization\v2" -Query "Select * From MsvmComputerSystem Where ElementName = '$vmName'"
    $replicationService = Get-WmiObject -Namespace "root\virtualization\v2" -Query "Select * From Msvm
    ReplicationService"
    $replicationService.RemoveReplicationRelationship($vm.__PATH)

It is not possible to disable…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Point-to-Site VPN DNS issue

After connecting the VPN client on windows 10 machine, I faced two differences in communication:

When I connected through WiFi, I am able to communicate Azure VNET.
    But When I connected through Ethernet cable, I am unable to communicate to Azure VNET.

This is because of traffic route, which change according to Metric value of the Network Adapter. So by changing this metric value to 100 for ipv4 and ipv6, I am able to communicate to Azure VNET from Ethernet connection.

But, it's not the reliable way to change it for each machine Ethernet adapter. So, "I am expecting the…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Provide info on GPU quota and allow GPU quota management in the portal

It's extremely hard to get GPU access. When I wanted to add GPU quota I had to file a support request spend 3 weeks(!) talking back and forth with some Indian support person to turn on the GPU. It's trivial with Amazon; why so hard for Microsoft? Why isn't it automated?
    Also there seems to be no clear view of GPU quota on the portal. Can't this be visible easily? E.g., 3 GPU cords used, 97 remaining.
    Finally, the requirements around HDD/SDD for the NC machines are super confusing, and all the NCv2 or v3 options are always greyed out.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow Skype Phones To Sign Up For Azure

I have been paying for Skype for 7 years, yet Microsoft does not allow me to sign up for Azure with a Skype account.

Please stop using phones as an identification method; allow a credit card to work in place of a phone, or better yet, since Skype is a Microsoft Company, allow Skype users to sign up for Azure.

Skype is not a second hand phone, it is my only phone and has been since 2009.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Canada to Azure Backup regions

Azure Backup is not available in Canada but needs to be as it is a critical component in any Azure solution.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. enable Azure AD Enterprise State Roaming in Australia

enable Azure AD Enterprise State Roaming in Australia

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Lesotho to the list of supported countries.

I am not able to sign up because Lesotho does not appear on the country list.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. fix latest version 0.9.01

First of all, since new version I can't dismiss the "Connect to Azure Storage" and than I can't upload anything,. If I open developer console there is errror.

Unexpected end of JSON input

Everything was working before I updated to latest version (0.9.01) which makes me think its probelm of an update

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. NO NCSv2 Series/NCSv3 Series in SKU family in Location “West Europe”

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-au/global-infrastructure/services/ shows both NCv3 and NCv2 are supported in Region West Europe. However when it comes to request a vCPU quota increase for this family in West Europe region, we cannot find this specific size in Portal: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-supportability/resource-manager-core-quotas-request.

I'm posting on behave of my customer, SR#118071818601696

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Provide a Unity3D SDK to integrate Azure into indie games.

Currently the SDK provided are not compatible with Unity3D due to the framework difference. With the new Visual Studio tools for Unity, a compatible SDK for Azure would be great and avoid developers to have to rely on the REST apis...

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow to use owned org domain as an MSA account when subscribing to live.com account

When subscribing to Azure, previously it was allowed to register new live.com account with email@myorg.com even if myorg.com was Office 365 subscription as long as there was no such address registered on live.com already. With the most recent update with Active Directory, the domains owned by the company is no longer allowed to be added as an MSA (Microsoft Account).

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. OS Upgrade feature fo VM's

Currently OS upgrade feature for Windows VM's is not supported. In order to upgrade we need to literally do a migration. I would hope to see the feature to upgrade VM OS which would make Azure the best cloud offering

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Faster Disks for Web App for Containers

Have the ability to attach an Azure Disk to a Web App for Containers. Or some way of getting fast disk performance from Web App for Containers.

I'm running fine in AKS but would like the ease of use of Web App for Containers.

Issue described and responded to: https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/issues/10422

Related to:
    https://feedback.azure.com/forums/34192--general-feedback/suggestions/34655524-map-azure-file-share-as-volume-to-web-app-for-cont

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. History of VM size chnage

A simple view to show the size changes of a VM. So it will show when the VM was changed form a DS14 to an F4 for example.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base