(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. My feedback code is W011THSD. It has always been a great experience shopping at westside. thanks..

My feedback code is W011THSD. It has always been a great experience shopping at westside. thanks

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. No Confirmation pop-up when we RE-Size VM

When we re-size VM in Azure portal, As soon as we select the new VM Size it starts resizing. Ideally it should give a confirmation pop-up to confirm the resizing to be done. As it can lead to the accidentally resizing of the VM. ( It happened in my case). So i request MS to add the confirmation pop up before the actual resizing should start.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support OData for all Azure Resource Manager REST APIs

Currently only operations on resources provide partial OData query syntax to filter results (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dn790569.aspx#bk_common).

Why not using $filter, $top, etc. on all REST APIs?

For example if I want to get information on every VMs with a name starting with 'foo-' I would like to do a List all VMs operation (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/mt163572.aspx) with a $filter=startswith(name, 'foo-')

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. "Export all" is missing for downloading devices in "Devices - All devices"

"Export all" is missing for downloading devices in Azure's "Devices - All devices"? Please add this feature or advise how to export all devices list from AAD.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Provide built-in USQL extractors for XLSX, JSON, XML file types which are very common.

Provide built-in USQL extractors for XLSX, JSON, XML file types which are very common.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Offer missing services in Brazil (Recovery, RDSH template, etc.)

As a South American company working with 'old style' internet providers that have differing bandwidths or fees for 'nternational' traffic. The more services we can get near our location the better.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Have monitoring at an instance level for virtual machine scale sets

Right now monitoring for Azure VM Scale Sets is limited to aggregate values. It would be great to be able to see instance level metrics like CPU, RAM, etc.
    The current workaround is to use a third party tool like new relic for this, but it would be good to have as a native feature

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Export Azure DNS Zones to the format of BIND

Hey
    We wanna backup all our current azure DNS Zones. But currently only Azure Standard format is supported. that means there no solution to allow us to backup these zones/record in to the format of BIND. As Azure support import zones by the format of BING, but not export. this is quite incovenient for our such large amouns of DNS zones. plz review this proposal.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Azure Site Recovery HyperV clean up after removing protection

I recently had to move protection of on-prem HyperV site to another new subscription. During the move I removed protection for the VMs (/not managed)
    On-prem the HyperV Host was still under the impression that the servers should be replicated. I got various problems re-enabling the protection of VMs. I found out that I needed to clean up manually by using these PS :
    $vmName = "SQLVM1"
    $vm = Get-WmiObject -Namespace "root\virtualization\v2" -Query "Select * From Msvm_ComputerSystem Where ElementName = '$vmName'"
    $replicationService = Get-WmiObject -Namespace "root\virtualization\v2" -Query "Select * From Msvm_ReplicationService"
    $replicationService.RemoveReplicationRelationship($vm.__PATH)

It is not possible to disable the replication…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Point-to-Site VPN DNS issue

After connecting the VPN client on windows 10 machine, I faced two differences in communication:

When I connected through WiFi, I am able to communicate Azure VNET.
    But When I connected through Ethernet cable, I am unable to communicate to Azure VNET.

This is because of traffic route, which change according to Metric value of the Network Adapter. So by changing this metric value to 100 for ipv4 and ipv6, I am able to communicate to Azure VNET from Ethernet connection.

But, it's not the reliable way to change it for each machine Ethernet adapter. So, "I am expecting the…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Provide info on GPU quota and allow GPU quota management in the portal

It's extremely hard to get GPU access. When I wanted to add GPU quota I had to file a support request spend 3 weeks(!) talking back and forth with some Indian support person to turn on the GPU. It's trivial with Amazon; why so hard for Microsoft? Why isn't it automated?
    Also there seems to be no clear view of GPU quota on the portal. Can't this be visible easily? E.g., 3 GPU cords used, 97 remaining.
    Finally, the requirements around HDD/SDD for the NC machines are super confusing, and all the NCv2 or v3 options are always greyed out.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow Skype Phones To Sign Up For Azure

I have been paying for Skype for 7 years, yet Microsoft does not allow me to sign up for Azure with a Skype account.

Please stop using phones as an identification method; allow a credit card to work in place of a phone, or better yet, since Skype is a Microsoft Company, allow Skype users to sign up for Azure.

Skype is not a second hand phone, it is my only phone and has been since 2009.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Recovery Site Services / Backups for Canadian Datacenters

Well the Canadian servers are welcome, we are still waiting for the recovery services to become available prior to migrating approximately 25 servers across a few subscriptions our clients who have been waiting for Canadian availability.

Any updates on when this is going to be happening? With two of the clients if it does not happen before the end of July they will be finding other solutions. (~5 instances for these 2 clients)

Please advise!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add Canada to Azure Backup regions

Azure Backup is not available in Canada but needs to be as it is a critical component in any Azure solution.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Change "Max NICs per VM" to at least 2 for all VM sizes

A customer of mine is evaluating Azure and is requesting that Microsoft increase the maximum number of NICs to 2 for the Azure VMs that currently have a maximum of 1 NIC (e.g. A0, A1, A2, A5, D1, D1v2, DS1, DS1v2, F1, F1s, etc.).

The reason/justification is that even the smaller-scale VMs should allow for Production implementation of Management Zones with separation of management traffic from application traffic (and separation in Network Security Group rules).

Note: Through a quick review of documentation from AWS, it looks like their maximum NICs per instance - or what they call "Maximum Elastic Network…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. enable Azure AD Enterprise State Roaming in Australia

enable Azure AD Enterprise State Roaming in Australia

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add Lesotho to the list of supported countries.

I am not able to sign up because Lesotho does not appear on the country list.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. fix latest version 0.9.01

First of all, since new version I can't dismiss the "Connect to Azure Storage" and than I can't upload anything,. If I open developer console there is errror.

Unexpected end of JSON input

Everything was working before I updated to latest version (0.9.01) which makes me think its probelm of an update

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. NO NCSv2 Series/NCSv3 Series in SKU family in Location “West Europe”

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-au/global-infrastructure/services/ shows both NCv3 and NCv2 are supported in Region West Europe. However when it comes to request a vCPU quota increase for this family in West Europe region, we cannot find this specific size in Portal: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-supportability/resource-manager-core-quotas-request.

I'm posting on behave of my customer, SR#118071818601696

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make autoscale work in practice for big deployments

Autoscale doesn't work for big deployments. The design is wrong.

Autoscale detects that it should scale up or down, and sends the message to RDFE, but if RDFE sees any error condition (e.g. broken disk, something that will happen more often on big deployments), it will not scale the instance.

Autoscale developers claim that autoscale works because RDFE gets the signal. They are wrong. Autoscale works when we get enough instances to handle the load. As a customer I don't care about internal signals in Azure. I use autoscale to get the instances I need when I need them and…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base