(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add service health for France Central

Add service health for France Central. Region isn't available to select.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure B2c - oauth client credentials grant type support

when we likely to have support in azure b2c customer policies for client credential flow for external idp like identity server 4?

further information for understanding is here

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40310659/azure-b2c-client-credentials-grant

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Export Terraform script of resource

Export Terraform script would be a very appreciated feature in the Azure portal. That could improve the Terraform community around Azure and brings Terraform more closer to Azure.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Rest API to get the supported availability zones based on region and resource

Currently, availability zones are only supported in a select set of regions. The ask is to be able to make a REST API call to see if a given region and resource type supports the availability zone. If so, how many zones are there.

For example:
    While creating the VM using Portal, if we select the region as Central US which supports availability zones, it does enable the Availability Zone option in Portal UI.
    And If user selects the Size as "Standard_DS3" which supports only Zone "3".

Similar support required from Rest API, is there a way we can get…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Support Windows Server 2008 update management in Azure

Please could you start supporting update management in Azure for Windows Server 2008 / R2 operating systems? You encourage your customers to migrate from on-premises to Azure for this OS so as to benefit from 3 years of extended support (2020 to 2023), however upon migrating to Azure we find that update management is not supported (as the Hybrid Runbook Worker isn't officially support on these older OS').

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. My feedback code is W011THSD. It has always been a great experience shopping at westside. thanks..

My feedback code is W011THSD. It has always been a great experience shopping at westside. thanks

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Availability Zone resource

Often to fail VM deployment at availability zone, like "not enough resource" or "conditions are too strict".

Expect more physical resource preparetion to availability zone environment.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Provide built-in USQL extractors for XLSX, JSON, XML file types which are very common.

Provide built-in USQL extractors for XLSX, JSON, XML file types which are very common.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Offer missing services in Brazil (Recovery, RDSH template, etc.)

As a South American company working with 'old style' internet providers that have differing bandwidths or fees for 'nternational' traffic. The more services we can get near our location the better.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide azure catalog access to personal emails also, not just work or school accounts.

Azure Data Catalog feature is not available for Hotmail accounts. It is available only to work and personal accounts.
    Please make it available to personal accounts also.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide info on GPU quota and allow GPU quota management in the portal

It's extremely hard to get GPU access. When I wanted to add GPU quota I had to file a support request spend 3 weeks(!) talking back and forth with some Indian support person to turn on the GPU. It's trivial with Amazon; why so hard for Microsoft? Why isn't it automated?
    Also there seems to be no clear view of GPU quota on the portal. Can't this be visible easily? E.g., 3 GPU cords used, 97 remaining.
    Finally, the requirements around HDD/SDD for the NC machines are super confusing, and all the NCv2 or v3 options are always greyed out.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Can we allow self-hosted integration runtime and Blob in Data Factory's Data Flow feature?

For enterprise where we are not allowed Azure-managed integration runtime because it has public IPs, we need to leverage self-hosted integration runtime (using VM) in Azure Data Factory (ADF).

This set-up works well in the simple Copy Data feature of ADF. However, it does not work with the Data Flow (extract, transform, load) feature. The latter only allows Azure-managed.

Also Data Flow does not allow linked service to a Blob. It can only accommodate Azure SQL Database, DW, and ADLS2.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow an Internet Route from Virtual Network Gateway

When setting a route table for default route to 0.0.0.0/0 the Virtual Network Gateway drops the traffic if not destined for a private address space.

We should be able to use a "Network Gateway" as a gateway for the network, including a route to the internet.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add Lesotho to the list of supported countries.

I am not able to sign up because Lesotho does not appear on the country list.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. fix latest version 0.9.01

First of all, since new version I can't dismiss the "Connect to Azure Storage" and than I can't upload anything,. If I open developer console there is errror.

Unexpected end of JSON input

Everything was working before I updated to latest version (0.9.01) which makes me think its probelm of an update

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. New location coverages in Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates (Very Important)

I have an important suggestion: Dear Microsoft Azure team, provide and make plans for new coverage and host locations in Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates. Thank you so much.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. dumb voip requirements for Azure sign up

Because of the dumb backwoods requirement to have a NON-VOIP number in order to sign up for Azure instead of using MS's Skype, our modern VOIP numbers, or just using a CC number like modern corporations, I suggest that you look up local payphones and have MS call that payphone with the connection number.

Hopefully MS will join the 21st century some day. At least the no longer use fax numbers.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. An existing Premier tier Azure Redis should be allowed to be added to a Virtual Network

When we click the ""Virtual Network" blade in Azure Redis, we found we cannot add a Redis to a Virtual Network.

Could you include this function in the future patching?

Thank you

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Provide a Unity3D SDK to integrate Azure into indie games.

Currently the SDK provided are not compatible with Unity3D due to the framework difference. With the new Visual Studio tools for Unity, a compatible SDK for Azure would be great and avoid developers to have to rely on the REST apis...

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Azure needs to accept prepaid cards. That is the only payment method I'm okay with using online.

I am unable to start an Azure account using a prepaid card. This is the only purchase method that is within my security constraints so I cannot use any other method. Please allow the option to use a prepaid card to create and pay for an account for my personal security.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base