Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, reach out to us on Microsoft Q&A or try StackOverflow

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Phone Extension Field when 2FA is required

Some Organisations do not offer a Direct Dial Phone Number for their Employees. The employees are reached via switchboard and extension number. Currently in Azure there is no field to put in an extension number.
    AWS do offer this facility and this has meant that it is easy for them to be reached on their desk phone. If we could include this facility it would be really helpful.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. B2C Availability checks in real time

Currently, there is no way to track B2C availability on real time. i.e: When the MFA service is down and it generates SMS codes delay. I know that for such scenario we would need to rely on https://status.azure.com page, however, that does not provide real time outages as most of the time the outages are published when resolved. Please add a B2C capability to have availability checks to integrate with our Application Tests.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow use existing private DNS zone to create a new private endpoint

Imagine a private DNS zone already deployed in our environment and serving many resources and zones, why bother to create a new private DNS zone when we want to create private endpoints, instead of just associate the existing private DNS zone with it?

I know there is an option to choose whether or not to create a new private DNS zone when creating a Private Endpoint, but I think the option to associate already existing private DNS zones should also be added.

I hope the feature will go live as soon as possible, as it will satisfy some of the…

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Enable Support for DB2 with Azure Backup

Expand Backup and Recovery options for Azure Backup buy enabling DB2 Support for Linux IaaS

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Permalink for Azure status history

Currently, Azure status history ( https://azure.microsoft.com/status/history/ )doesn't have permalink. I want to have permalink per status/failuer.

Current issues:
    * Status history feed hide status older than 90 days. I can't know older history.
    * I can't specify a specific status in history.

Why permalink?
    * I should announse failuer or issue of Azure for customers when status updated (occurred and solved). In this case, I added evidence by quoting status report from Azure status history. However Azure status history doesn't have permalink and I should use quote always. That is weak as evidence. (They confuse and dificult look up issues…

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Enable Clone App for Linux Azure App Service

Hi,

Right now, the App Cloning feature is only available for Windows App Service. It could be really great to enable it for Linux content too.

The feature would be very usefull in order to change the App Service Plan of a running Linux App Service, without any recreation.

If we want to change the Plan for an Linux App Service we must choose an App Service Plan in the same deployment or recreate it.
    The App Cloning feature would allow Finops optimisation becoming way more easier.

Regards

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Renew SSL/TLS Certificate automatically through multiple subscriptions.

Currently, Azure does not have the ability to auto renew app service SSL/TLS certificates through multiple subscriptions. With close to 100 subscriptions and hundreds of app services it is not convenient to manage and maintain via scripting efforts.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Maintenance notification for “NMAgent updates”

Blackout occurred for 5 seconds as the NMAgent, which is a network of Azure infrastructure, was updated.
    In the event of an outbreak, the user must be able to receive alarms or notifications for the affected resource.
    Because this maintenance influences the Windows Cluster users. This notification make many azure users so happy.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add Stream Analytics to Azure Germany datacenters

Please add Stream Analytics to the Azure Germany datacenters (Frankfurt and Berlin).

This is a critical component to our product roadmaps, and ensures that we maintain compliance with the German BDSG federal data protection requirements in addition to the other EU data protection acts like GDPR.

Ensuring a full set of features in the German datacenters is particularly important due to BDSG.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow aligning fault domains and update domains in an availability set

In certain cases I want to manage the availability of data replicas across a cluster of machines, and can endure more downtime for greater predictability of the nature of downtime.
    An example is Kafka, where I can handle a large portion of machines going down so long as I can make predictions of how they'll be correlated so I can plan how I lay out topic partitions to keep a majority of partitions up.

With the way availability sets are currently set up, I can limit my downtime in case of a fault, or in case of an upgrade, but…

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow English international user develop for Azure China a possibility

I am very excited with Microsoft's recent announcement regarding Azure China.
    How can non-Chinese speaking MSDN developer use their monthly credit with Azure China?
    Right now It doesn't seem to understand my regular Microsoft account login...
    Isn't the whole point to allow us, to get inside mainland china?!
    My whole aim is to do just that.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow migration of Log Analytics Workspace from one region to another

Moving a Log Analytics Workspace from one region to another is not currently supported, this is a limitation from the workspace level which is mentioned here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-resource-manager/management/region-move-support, Operational Insights which is the resource provider that handles the workspaces at azure level does not currently offer this. For data compliance, someone might need to move their logs from one region to another and for those with over hundreds or thousands of onboarded devices, it's not convenient at all to do manually.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sentinel Scheduled Analytics rule ingestion delay too high

Scheduled Analytics rules in Sentinel create a log in the SecurityAlert table when triggered.

The TimeGenerated of this log (time when the alert returns it results), is often much earlier than the ingestion_time() and _TimeReceived (time at which the log becomes available in SecurityAlerts). The difference can be as high as 30 minutes and seems to vary throughout the day and across workspace regions. Delays of 10 minutes are frequently observed in "UK South" between 8:00 and 10:00 AM UTC.

If we detect critical behavior on a system monitored by our Scheduled Analytics rule, we need to respond as quickly…

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support to apply NSG on the Azure Private Endpoint?

Is there any plan to support apply NSG on the Azure Private Endpoint? It is hard to control the traffic from on-prem over VPN to Private Endpoint from Azure perspective. (excaept Azure Firewall)

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. RBAC documentation update request - remove last user assignment of Owner role on subscription

When I try to delete the last user of owner role assignment (still have groups assigned as owner) on the subscription level, it won't allow me to do so and return an error, "Cannot delete the last RBAC admin assignment".

To remove the last direct user assignment of owner role in subscription, I need to use a classic Admin ( service admin or Co-Admin).

Please add RBAC documentation to explain the behavior/design. Thank you.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sell the Kinect Azure DK in Australia

We would like to be able to buy the Kinect Azure here in Oz.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enable PremiumV3 tier for Azure App Service in ZA North region

Please confirm what the latest ETA/guestimate is for when the PremiumV3 tier for Azure App Service will be made available in ZA North?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/app-service-configure-premium-tier

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Azure API Management add support of gRPC & AsyncAPI

Currently, there is no support of gRPC, and AsyncAPI (Messaging based API e.g. XML/JMS, JSON/JMS, JSON/AMQP, JSON/Kafka etc) in APIM. It will be helpful if this feature can be added into future roadmap.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Provide list of SKUs for resource type through Azure REST API

While provisioning resources using Azure REST APIs. One of the required thing is SKU. We have no API that provides list of available SKUs (if applicable) for provided resource type.

We badly need this as there is no way to get always up to date list of SKU.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. ZRS support for Managed Disks

Currently managed disks only support LRS.
    Please provide ZRS support for disks so that synchronous replicas of stateful VM managed disks can be spread across AZs for HA purposes.

This feature is currently offered within AWS and recently became a committed item on GCP, so is very much needed to obtain compete parity.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base