(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notify of breaking changes related to Azure SQL Database DAC

On May 3, the DacFX version appears to have changed without warning causing some of our automated builds and deployments to begin failing. This was resolved only after contacting the Microsoft.Data.Tools.Msbuild NuGet package maintainers to update their package.

Please notify of version updates, especially when the version change is not backwards compatible.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. REST Guidance or iOS(Swift) QuickStart for Cosmos DB

It would be great to see examples in the Quickstart for Cosmos DB for iOS that does not require an SDK, further any example that does just REST calls would be great.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Associated storage account of Azure VM

In ARM there is no option available to get the associated storage account/vhd path of each Azure VM.
    In several cases, it is required to know the associated storage account name to perform operations accordingly.
    please consider the same.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Start production/staging swapping if a machine is busy. Azure should support the swapping, especially in a worst-case scenario.

In a worst-case scenario, e.g. a workerrole is permanently on recycling (state busy), is it impossible to swap back to the previous release or to swap a new release from another stage (staging).

Two weeks ago, we had the problem that one workerrole was permanently recycling, because an database update for the next release. To publish the next release, we installed the new one on staging environment. Staging rans pretty well.
    At this moment is the normal way is swap the releases production with staging. But this failed with error: The VIP swap operation failed. Detailed error message: VipSwap failed…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Remove Cloud Service Pinning or allow it to be changed

Currently when a cloud service is created it is pinned to a compute resource (server, blade or rack), this means that if the compute resource becomes overloaded existing cloud services may not be able to scale up when they need too and the only methods to resolve this is a) delete production deployment and redeploy 2) delete the cloud service and recreate these are both high disruptive.

An alternate option would be great.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Notification Email/Alert

Account holder should receive a Notification Email / Alert before certain percentage, say 20-25% Credit limit is left. The percentage should be configurable.

Before disabling account, a Notification / Aler t must be sent to the Account holder.
    There should be a facility to define multiple alerts.

This will save severe busines critical impact when account suddenly gets disabled without warning.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fix backup and recovery so that when you recover a disk it actually restores the disk and overwrites the broken disk?

Hi Engineering,

I'd opened a call with support to help with recovery on a Linux VM OS disk. The call reference was REG:117120617274810. I decided to attempt to restore the disks. However, the disks don't overwrite the disks on the shutdown VM.
    After several days, I found out that escalation support could not help me with the issue as this is, in the agents words "blocked".

Perhaps this should be fixed so that restoring the disks actually restores the disks to the state they were in when the backup was taken?

Thanks for your consideration.

Regards, Jim

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Domainname wildcard support new portal

(BUG?) Adding a wildcard domainname for a Web App in the old/current portal is buggy, but working. The new portal won;t let me use the * (asterix) when adding a custom domainname. Therefore, adding a wildcard domainname for e Web Site in the new portal isn;t possible.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Azure MFA Fraud Alert + Automatically Reset Password

What if it was possible to Not only to automatically block the Users who report a fraud but also force a password change on the user that can only be completed with a temporary MFA challenge.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please notification when STAMP IP address changed.

I use STAMP IP adress instead Azure Websiite inbound and outbound IP address.
    (I know Azure Websiite inbound IP address static by IP-SSL setting)

I need way to know when IP adress chabed.
    It is more convenient for users !!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add UI to apply diagnostic settings across multiple virtual machines

It's great that the UI has been added to put a custom counter in WAD without having to edit the config file inside the guest, but this would be really powerful if we could apply it to all virtual machines inside of a resource group or through some other policy mechanism exposed via the UI or PS (outside of using PS to force the config file).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Need a CA policy to block the password login page after entering username as we are getting multiple sign in events due to failure.

Need a CA policy to block the password login page after entering username as we are getting multiple sign in events due to failure (due to bad username and password attempts).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Azure MFA

I would love to be able to use Azure MFA with ADFS 2016 with external idp. It seems like the only supported way to get MFA is to use Active Directory claims provider trust?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. send out an e-mail warning that the free trial is about to, or has expired.

I was recently mucking about - and suddenly noticed my sendgrid account had been paused. After looking back and forth, and even engaging Azure technical support (who did not find my issue btw) - I figured out that the reason was that my free trial had ben 'admindisabled' and was expired - but it was in no way evident anywhere on the portal (nor the subservices I used).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. API for providing CPU model and CPU MHZ for azure vms

I can see api for getting azure vm sizes for a region but it's response does not contain cpu model and cpu mhz information. Could we add this information in https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/mt269440.aspx .

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. wow

You have a link to Visual Studio Online in your main navigation but not to my server log files?

Where do I find my server logs?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add FSM (Federated States of Micronesia)

Kindly, add FSM (Federated States of Micronesia) in the list of countries where one could create an account in Azure. Or if not, at least add island nations that are former or current US territory like FSM, Northern Marianas, Guam, Palau, American Samoa etc. listed under the US or Oceania. We are very small islands (and a nation for that matter) but we want also to participate in sites or technologies that could be part of improving our own economy or national building for that matter.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add more countries to VM BYOL availability for CSP mode

We are facing an Azure datacenter consolidation project blocker because third party BYOL VM images are not available in somes countries (CSP provider is Lebanon in our case). this is limiting our Azure sale oportunity under CSP comparing to Open & EA since the latter are country independent.

See the 3. sell-to country supported by the Azure Marketplace of the link below
    https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/legal/marketplace/participation-policies/

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Can you add the Azure Security Center to Azure Fairfax (US Govt)?

Most of my customers are asking when the Azure Security Center will be available in Fairfax. Can you advise?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories