(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Department owners capabilities

Allow Department owners the ability to edit account owners without having to go to the Enterprise level for these type of changes.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Permit use parameters for effects (Audit/Deny) in Azure Policy

HI,

With Azure Policy, parameters in definition permit to build some rules based on variables, without edit definitions, just changing assignement.

But parameters are limited and it's really useful if we could at least add a parameters for the effect, which can be Audit, Deny or Append.

Why ? In many cases, we will build some JSON policy rules in Audit mode and will assign it for check actual compliance. OK, and then after some audit period, we want to change it to Deny for apply definitively this compliance. So at this point, we have to edit the policy for…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. My idea is very simply. It would be nice if support calls would be answered in a timely manner without having to escalate every time

My idea is very simply. It would be nice if support calls would be answered in a timely manner without having to escalate every time

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Provide signed DPA and/or signed copy of the OST agreement with company name on it

Please provide a way to obtain a DPA and/or OST agreement with our Company name on it signed by Microsoft. This is a requirement in order to be GDPR compliant.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to search for ARM resources by tag in Logic Apps

Logic Apps include an ARM connector, which is... a bit limited. It would be great to have the ability to search for (or list) ARM resources by tag.

At the moment the only real way to search for items via tag is PowerShell, done as a Runbook, which you then have to connect to the Logic App... and then port the results across. Even the API is quite limited, as the tagged API only shows the count, not the resources attached to it.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Prevent deletion of blob container

There is no way to prevent the deletion of a blob container of an storage account.

Using the locks, it works for Azure Portal, but using Storage Explorer it doesn't apply.

If a container is deleted using Storage Explorer, it cannot be recovered.

Thanks

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. pls make ur basic functionalities work

my free azure account was locked in a week and when MS Support asked me to unlock and i tried to reset account..basic reset doesnt work pls make ur basic functionalities work

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Support of reject, abandon etc. of message in conjunction with the MQTT-protocol

At the moment there is no possibility to reject, abandon etc. messages in conjunction with MQTT-protocol sent from the Iot-Hub to the IoT-devices. This is only possible with AMQP.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Internal As a Service DNS

On Azure, the internal Active Directory server's DNS service must be served as a service. In this way, only the Active Directory feature is enabled on the server. Having no DNS on the server allows the server to run more efficiently.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide availability zone capability in Canada.

Many enterprise Canadian clients require 99.9% + availability and choose to go with alternate options due to availability zones not enabled for Canada region (Central and East).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Free File Storage Tier

As both a student and hobbyist, I would find it extremely useful to have an option to use file storage for free. Even if there was no redundancy, It would at least empower me to store what I need for my projects while I cannot afford to pay. I'm sure many others would be interested in a similar scheme.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Linux agent based backup

Do we also have an option for on premLinux VMs?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add Node.js 8.3+ to available runtime stacks for Linux web apps

Node.js >= 8.3 supports the new object spread operator, can we please have the latest Node.js version (or at least 8.3) available in the linux runtime stacks?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make it possible to change the payment metod for all subscriptions together !

I would like to be able to change my payment metod for all subscriptions in one place !

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Send customer Alerts when you experience downtime

Just spent a significant amount of time investigating an issue with a client's SQL database, only to eventually discover that there's an issue with this service in my region. I can live with the downtime but would appreciate a heads-up if you know there's an issue affecting me, which should be pretty trivial to automate.

I presumed that this is so obvious that it must be something I just haven't subscribed to, but can't find anything!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Azure SQL Backups

We are using preview build and facing lot of issues due to instability. We tried restore of database and it completed till 74.5% and hung after that for 5 days and auto cancelled and when we tried again it completed in 50 min.
    Backup is taking 4 times longer than local backup.
    Restore is taking longer than expected time compared to local backup. Backups are not supported to failover cluster. We cannot backup to a server that is not in this subscription. For example we might have non prod and prod in different subscriptions and we cannot take copy of…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Import/Export Time Series Insight

I am missing the possibility to import and export the Time Series Insight module from resource groups. Right now I can't export any resource group containing "Microsoft.TimeSeriesInsights/environments". As this is a quite costly module I have to set up and tear down the module and it's settings manually each and every time for testing, which is quite painful.
    I would highliy appreciate the inculsion of Time Series Insight into the group export and import.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please give more backup options for SQL Database (longer-term backups besides Automated Backups).

Please give SQL Database a way to store backups longer than 90 days. I am looking for the same flexibility as in Azure Recovery Services.

Ideally, I'd like to do a backup every day for 30 days, hold a 1st of the month backup for 12 months, and hold a 1st of the year backup for a 1 year.

I know there's the Automated Export, but it is only "automated" for 90 days max.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. MSDN subscription uses over client OS

Thanks Rajesh for clarifying the use cases on MSDN subscription where it can be used for deploying client OS. Same has been conveyed to customer and started using this for their deployments.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enable event alarm in Azure China

In Azure China, Subscription Managers still can not use event alarms to help managing Cloud Services and VMs, which is a serious fault compared with Azure's competitors like QingCloud.com and Aliyun.com.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 39 40
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories