(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. History/Audit of filters

Currently, there is no way for the user to view the history/change log of filters applied to an entity of service bus. So, because of this, if a message suddenly stops reaching a subscription, we cannot be sure if it was due to filter change or something else. This has happened to me. So, I suggest you provide this feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Alert for Maintainance

Alerts for the infra management and maintenance over email.

For the Maintaincen for the server reboot like Memory preserving maintenance, We are need to get email alerts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow organizations who integration their environments to office 365 the ability to restrict access to a domain

Hi:

We needed a branding solution to our product, where we are looking to provide SAML access to the company portal where they can access office 365 apps and our own.

As most companies have built insecurity to their network that allow remote workers access based on VPN or something similar, the employee could still access the online Microsoft applications via SAML without access sour company portal.

Even with access restricted by IP or other conditions, can another condition be placed to force access to:

Example: user = george.smith@lap.com (a user within lap.com who is setup in Azure)

Company lap.com…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make it easy for me to know when my VM is being throttled

Knowing when throttling is the cause of your VM's performance woes is essential but there is no scalable way of monitoring when an Azure VM is being throttled. VM and disk maxims change according VM size and disk specification. Setting up alerts based on PerfMon and/or Metrics counters is, at best, laborious. Setting up the monitoring of:

VM level throttling:
    *IOPS: \PhysicalDisk(_Total)\Disk Transfers/sec (PerfMon)
    *Throughput: \PhysicalDisk(_Total)\Disk Bytes/sec (PerfMon)

Disk level throttling:
    *IOPS: \PhysicalDisk(drive)\Disk Transfers/sec (PerfMon)
    *Throughput: "\PhysicalDisk(drive)\Disk Bytes/sec (PerfMon)

Storage account throttling:
    *Max egress: Metrics\storage_account\Account\Egress (Azure Portal)
    *Max ingress: Metrics\storage_account\Account\Ingress (Azure Portal)
    *IOPS: Metrics\storage_account\Account\Transactions* (Azure Portal)

Does not scale well…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. mobile browser

Hi, I would love to have a mobile browser optimized experience for portal.azure.com. The native Azure mobile app is lacking features. Why not make sure the portal has a a great native mobile browser experience for all?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Increase from 4 to 8 vCore for testing out SQL Managed Instance while being in Trial Period

I think Azure should increase vCore limit from 4 to 8 so that user can create SQL Managed Instance for testing purpose while being in trial period. Currently, there is no way to test it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In azure storage explorer change timezone from GMT to local time (data lake store)

In azure storage explorer, it'd be nice to be able to change timezone from GMT to local time (data lake store), this feature would be very useful as we check if our processes went through sometimes by looking at the last modified date of a specific file, while we have this automated sometimes data scientists and other users can quickly tell if something is not up to date.

Is this feature available? This only works only for Shared Access Signature but not ADLS

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Carregar e descarregar uma Class Library no mesmo AppDomain and Multi AppDomain

Trabalho de forma incessante na busca por permitir que um aplicativo tenha suas dlls atualizadas sem a necessidade de fechar o sistema, até consegui contornar a limitação e garantir isso porém gostaria de fazer da forma que acho correta.

O ideal seria que uma dll pudesse ser carregada e descarregada dinamicamente no AppDomain e não apenas quando encerrasse a aplicação.

Com multi AppDomain só funciona para métodos com tipos básicos, não funciona por exemplo para retornar um objeto do WPF Page ou Window o que me deixa frustrado.

Se isso for resolvido irá melhorar 100% o processo de distribuição da…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. enable B2B and B2C for Microsoft applications (not just for 3rd Party applications)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/b2b/what-is-b2b shows how we can make enterprize applications available for B2B, (even if the recipient has a non corporate account).
    It fails to mention that this is currently only possible for making NON-Microsoft applications available.
    Please enable B2B and B2C for Microsoft applications as well. We spend weeks with Microsoft support on this before they figured out that it is strangely not possible to give B2B or B2C access to Microsoft solutions (for Guest accounts) even if/when we give them a Microsoft licence with the Guest account.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Why not available in Andorra?

Why are Azure subscriptions not available in Andorra? There are many IT companies here. We would certainly need Azure access!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Do not run stress tests on infrastructure used by customers

Logged ticket as we could not start 3 vm's for 3 days. Final response after going through a few Azure support staff and escalation.
    From 3rd Level Support Engineer.
    What causes the issue:
    Excessive load was from a new feature (AzureContainerInstances), that was going through a stress test.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Simulate outage of any Azure service

As an Azure customer, I want to be able to simulate an outage of any Azure service my solution is using. This will allow me to test resiliency of my solution against various service outages. It will be useful for Azure itself too (think about the latest South Central outage).

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Where is information on the Azure ARM Portal SLA Credit Agreement

Where is information on the Azure ARM Portal SLA Credit Agreement

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Azure AD

Canadian Crown Corporations need to maintain data in Canada.
    Azure has many services already in Canada but unfortunately Azure AD is not one of them, as it is not a localized service. Microsoft Azure would benefit in providing this service to Canadian Government agencies that have a need to maintain data sovereignty in Canada.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. AKS should add new nodes to the clcuster when existing nodes crash/get deleted

AKS should add new nodes to the clcuster when existing nodes crash/get deleted

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Management API for PaaS, SaaS sevices

Please provide management API to provide list of PaaS and SaaS services used by an Azure account

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Remove transaction units for Managed Disks Standard SSD and Standard HDD

I find it hard to know how many transaction units my VM going to use at anytime or what are transaction units, this make a fear of using any standard managed disks as I have no idea what the cost going to end-up been. I think it would be best to remove transaction units / make free from any managed disks.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make VM Type more simple to understand like in Google Cloud

There are so many different type of VM that is available it hard to know what is best one to use at anytime, also there are very limit in custom. My idea is to remove the version system (e.g. v5) and just keep it simple like in google cloud and allow people to have a custom machine type where there pick how many vCore and RAM there needed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. CSP

Please allow for CSP Subscriptions to be transferred to other Active Directory Tenants.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Provide More Details On the Preview Monitoring Metrics

Currently the Monitoring endpoint has several Virtual Machine metrics that end in ' (Preview)' in the display name. While they are lightly documented at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/monitoring-and-diagnostics/monitoring-supported-metrics#microsoftcomputevirtualmachines we have run into issues where they aren't present for all virtual machines...and there is no official documentation about when they should or should not be present. Azure Support Case 118091018973846 contains more specific details. Apparently, they only are populated for certain combinations of OS SKU/Machine Size/deployment strategy, but none of that is documented in a user-visible way.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base