(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to use webhooks for Azure backup notification

I want an option like most of the other azure features support is to do notifications using webhooks so we can for instance forward critical events to Teams or Slack.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dashboard VM status

Add VM status to VM dashboard tile, to have an overview over all VMs.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. sweden

Provide Azure region in Scandinavia

A lot of companies and governments in Sweden demand that their data is physically stored in the country. By not having an Azure data center there prevents a lot of applications and services for the Swedish market to be hosted in Azure.
    Amazon is now realizing this and puts up 3 datacenters in the middle of Sweden.
    Sweden has alot of good qualities, like cheaper cooling because of the weather as well as alot of good technical personell availiable, and putting up a scandinavian region, would make it much better for all scandinavian countries, because…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make Windows Server 2016 Core available

Not every role is available in Nano. I don't need full GUI for domain controllers for example, but can't deploy on Nano.

Perhaps other roles are coming in Nano, but in the meantime make core available, as it is for Windows 2012.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Azure USGovernment should have a status page

Azure USGov doesn't have a system status page, and I know I'll need one.

Here's the AWS page for comparison:
    http://status.aws.amazon.com/govcloud

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. OS Upgrade feature fo VM's

Currently OS upgrade feature for Windows VM's is not supported. In order to upgrade we need to literally do a migration. I would hope to see the feature to upgrade VM OS which would make Azure the best cloud offering

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add new Premium Storage Plan between P10 and P20 (eg. P15) for up to 256GB

A 128GB drive is nearly useless for most server workflows. We need another tier between P10 (128 GB) and P20 (512 GB). For example, P15 @ 256 GB would be much more useful and cost-effective.

Thanks...

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Network Security Group Counter logging - Source IP

Using NSG Diagnostics combined with Log Analytics gives us much needed visibility of our rule hit counters, great stuff!

Unfortunately there is no information within the counter logs to inform us the source of any such hits, which really limits the usefulness of this information.

Any chance that could be added to the diagnostics logging output for NSGs?

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Don't time limit the free Azure trial

We appreciate the free Azure credits to help many of us get started and learning. I signed up and didn't realize it was limited for use within a month. I signed up a few weeks before taking holiday and now that I'm back, the trial will be ending. Bummer.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. keyvault service within VNET scope

Azure Keyvault is not available within the scope of VNET. Enterprise customers who are establishing private environments need Azure Keyvault within the scope of VNET. This also enables them to create DR sites including Keyvault service.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. option to resize OS VHD

I would like to see a feature to shrink VHD from 127 GB default, i feel its not fair business practice for us not to choose or modify size

1st allocating 127 GB may be business decision but not allowing to shrink it is not a fair practice it more like money grab.,

downloading and uploading do this task is also not fair as we will be charged for download

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Will the NAT ip changed on the Azure public peering

I have just enabled public peering on my ExpressRoute and have a question about the source NAT. I have been able to determine that the source IP address from which our connections appear to originate is 104.209.104.114, when connecting to Azure public services via the ExpressRoute. This address is not assigned to us by our ISP or ExpressRoute provider (in fact they can't explain where it comes from), so I assume it is assigned by MS? I opened a case about this ages ago (case 116100614763629) and the response seemed to confirm that the connection does indeed get double-NAT'd by…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. RateCard metadata with their spec information

I want to get RateCard meter metadata with their spec information (e.g. size, memory, cores...). Because I have to provide that data to our finance department.
    I can get the spec information of VMs by Get-AzureRmVMSize API, but they do not have MeterId, so can not associate with RateCard meter metadata.
    And I also want to get them about SQL Database, Redis Cache, and App Service. But they do not have API which can get their spec information in the first place.
    I think it is very useful if can get meter metadata with their spec information by RateCard API.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ping my network

Just want to ping each device in my network and know whether it's up or down.

Looking to replace solarwinds, but can't seem to find out how to do this simple thing in OMS.

Would like to ping the external interface or all my firewalls on my worldwide network. Then ping all my switches and wi-fi access points.

I think if you enable to capability together with a low cost node license, you could easily steal the market from many products like solarwinds, PRTG, etc...

Do it now!! :)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enable applications in Azure to share configuration

If you have multiple Azure Websites or Azure Roles provisioned, you might want them to share configuration details, for example about databases or storage account locations.
    I would like Azure to have a something like, "Azure Shared Configuration", that you can point applications to (so, I guess there's that) and receive whatever settings they need.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Split the Tags column, in the downloadable Billing Usage CSV, by individual tags so that we can bill per department tag. (AWS has this.)

Split the Tags column, in the downloadable Billing Usage CSV, by individual tags so that we can sort/filter by department tag and bill departments. (AWS has this functionality.)

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. fix the *********** test approval form

https://security-forms.azure.com/***********-testing doesn't work for me. I get
    Error.

An error occurred while processing your request.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add the ability in the Portal to categorize your favorite items.

Please can you add the ability for users to be able to categorize their favourite items in the Portal.

For example.

I can search, and add an item to my favourite list by selecting from a category.

But after that it just goes in to a cluttered list on the left hand side.

I would like to be able to organise my items into groups. Like Compute, Networking, and Analytics etc...

This would improve my ability to search for something, Because I often find myself instead manually searchinh through a long list of items.

We have the ability to do…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add download of SSL certificates from key vault

Provide ability to download an SSL certificate from the key vault for use in other services (e.g. Azure API Management which only accepts uploaded certs).

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow transfer the credits between AIO subscriptions

A product key (to recharge our credit) was added to an incorrect Azure In Open subscription, therefore credit was added into wrong place. We wanted to transfer the credits between AIO subscriptions and we received information "it is not possible to transfer the credits between subscriptions as per design limitations" (we used 3 keys so we wanted to transfer only 2 of them). Now the only option for us is to transfer services into subscription with higher credit.
    It would save hours of work if the "transfer the credits between AIO subscriptions" would be allowed.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base