(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Different licensing models for Azure ATP

Improve on the licensing models for Azure ATP, currently only available with EMS E5 SKUs. Perhaps consider a appliance licence through the Marketplace.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Export all" is missing for downloading devices in "Devices - All devices"

"Export all" is missing for downloading devices in Azure's "Devices - All devices"? Please add this feature or advise how to export all devices list from AAD.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow VIP Swap when Staging slot is up and Running

Recently we had a problem where we had ~1h of downtime which could have been avoided if VIP swap wasn’t failing.
    The problem was that 1 single VM was in a busy state in Production slot. All VMs in the staging slot were up and Running.

Can you please allow a VIP swap if:
    1. All VMs in Staging slot are in Running state
    2. There’s the same or higher number of VMs in Staging slot compared to Production

I know that it’s by design that VIP swap is possible only if all VMs in both Staging and Production slot…

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Have monitoring at an instance level for virtual machine scale sets

Right now monitoring for Azure VM Scale Sets is limited to aggregate values. It would be great to be able to see instance level metrics like CPU, RAM, etc.
    The current workaround is to use a third party tool like new relic for this, but it would be good to have as a native feature

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. make billing information (specifically the amount of remaining monthly credits) accessible to the Azure Powershell

I am currently in the process of writing a powershell script which will act essentially as the "vagrant" for azure, in that it will be able to quickly create custom vms in azure based on input from user as well as quickly destroy indicated vms in order to provide developers with access to test vms which will not consume local computer resources like vagrant does. One of the features I would like to add to this script is to allow the user to be able to see, from the script's GUI, their remaining monthly credit (as well as when it…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. VMs access for troubleshooting

A thing that would help tremendously in troubleshooting VMs in Azure would be out-of-band access. That would give more options to the user for troubleshooting connectivity issues.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Myanmar (Burma) is not listed in Azure available countries... Is there any alternative way to use from Myanmar, please? Many Thanks

If the payment are not continence, please let us pay by Singapore/India/Thailand or China payment and let us use Azure in Myanmar (Burma). Many thanks.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fix backup and recovery so that when you recover a disk it actually restores the disk and overwrites the broken disk?

Hi Engineering,

I'd opened a call with support to help with recovery on a Linux VM OS disk. The call reference was REG:117120617274810. I decided to attempt to restore the disks. However, the disks don't overwrite the disks on the shutdown VM.
    After several days, I found out that escalation support could not help me with the issue as this is, in the agents words "blocked".

Perhaps this should be fixed so that restoring the disks actually restores the disks to the state they were in when the backup was taken?

Thanks for your consideration.

Regards, Jim

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make any new SSMS version 17.x backwards compatible with SQL Server 2016 Integration Services

Currently only SSMS 16.x can connect to SQL Server 2016 Integration Services. Using SSMS 17.x will result in an error.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Key Vault like as RA-GRS

Currently, Key Vault have redundancy and availability, but I can not access to secondary region manually.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/key-vault/key-vault-disaster-recovery-guidance

Region fail over is automacically, however I would like to access to secondary like as RA-GRS of Azure Storage before than failover because I want to more enhance BCP of our services.

* I guess, Azure doesn't occurred region failover so far, but services failur occurred sometimes in regions.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Import/Export Time Series Insight

I am missing the possibility to import and export the Time Series Insight module from resource groups. Right now I can't export any resource group containing "Microsoft.TimeSeriesInsights/environments". As this is a quite costly module I have to set up and tear down the module and it's settings manually each and every time for testing, which is quite painful.
    I would highliy appreciate the inculsion of Time Series Insight into the group export and import.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. See the number of outbound tcp connections (OpenSocketCount) and the count for each web app within a particular app service plan.

See the number of outbound tcp connections (OpenSocketCount) for each web app within a particular app service plan. I have had issues were all web apps in that service plan were failing when accessing sql server or service bus relay (anything that needs an outgoing tcp connection) because the number of open tcp connections exceeded the plan limit. I had to request the information from support to figure out what web apps had the majority of the open sockets.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. [Request] Please enable to show Classic VM Images in Azure Portal

Please enable to show Classic VM Images created by Add-AzureVMImage
    commandlet in Azure Portal.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Backend heath status of Application Gateway

We deployed the Application Gateway on the subnet where NSG's In-Bound rules is set. In the result, we got the status of backend health is 'unknown'. We got the 'Healthy' status when the NSG doesn't associate to subnet. Even if NSG's In-Bound rules is set, We'd like to confirm the backend health.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Provide list of SKUs for resource type through Azure REST API

While provisioning resources using Azure REST APIs. One of the required thing is SKU. We have no API that provides list of available SKUs (if applicable) for provided resource type.

We badly need this as there is no way to get always up to date list of SKU.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. change your pricing system for virtual machines. it's outrageous.

change your pricing system. it's too expensive. i don't need a virtual machine that bad. as usual you want too much and don't give enough in return.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Option to use webhooks for Azure backup notification

I want an option like most of the other azure features support is to do notifications using webhooks so we can for instance forward critical events to Teams or Slack.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Dashboard VM status

Add VM status to VM dashboard tile, to have an overview over all VMs.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. sweden

Provide Azure region in Scandinavia

A lot of companies and governments in Sweden demand that their data is physically stored in the country. By not having an Azure data center there prevents a lot of applications and services for the Swedish market to be hosted in Azure.
    Amazon is now realizing this and puts up 3 datacenters in the middle of Sweden.
    Sweden has alot of good qualities, like cheaper cooling because of the weather as well as alot of good technical personell availiable, and putting up a scandinavian region, would make it much better for all scandinavian countries, because…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make Windows Server 2016 Core available

Not every role is available in Nano. I don't need full GUI for domain controllers for example, but can't deploy on Nano.

Perhaps other roles are coming in Nano, but in the meantime make core available, as it is for Windows 2012.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base