(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. alert when a VM I/O limit is reached

When a VM hits its global VM-wide IOPS or bandwidth limit and throttling kicks in, provide a facility for creating an alert based on this situation.

Currently, the methods to detect I/O throttling rely on collecting guest OS statistics and comparing them to the limits specified by Azure. It would be a real benefit to determine at the hypervisor level when I/O throttling has taken place and record this in customer-visible metrics. These metrics are already internally visible to Microsoft support, so the data is collected-- just not presented.

At a minimum, the disastrous situation where whole-VM I/O throttling has…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Maintenance notification for “NMAgent updates”

Blackout occurred for 5 seconds as the NMAgent, which is a network of Azure infrastructure, was updated.
    In the event of an outbreak, the user must be able to receive alarms or notifications for the affected resource.
    Because this maintenance influences the Windows Cluster users. This notification make many azure users so happy.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. azure web app F-series

Azure Web App New Tier that is based in F-Series Machine (HIgh Compute). This is to handle websites that are heavy on computation, and uses a lot of CPU. The current tier has weak CPU usage.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. RBAC documentation update request - remove last user assignment of Owner role on subscription

When I try to delete the last user of owner role assignment (still have groups assigned as owner) on the subscription level, it won't allow me to do so and return an error, "Cannot delete the last RBAC admin assignment".

To remove the last direct user assignment of owner role in subscription, I need to use a classic Admin ( service admin or Co-Admin).

Please add RBAC documentation to explain the behavior/design. Thank you.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. automate app service certificate for application gateway renewal and provide better documentation

Currently during my app service certificate renewal, my application gateway does not automatically update the new certificate. This caused my application gateway to be unresponsive after the new certificate was generated. I had to go in manually to update the application gateway https listener with the new app service certificate. This can be potentially very cumbersome if I have to do this every year.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. VNet size restriction when creating an NVA

When creating Cisco NGFW, customer is not able to select the VNET they want. After testing, we understand that the VNET range needs to be at least /24. However, if there are multiple ranges and one of them is smaller than /24, the VNET will not be able to be selected

For example, a mix of range 10.10.10.0/25 and 10.100.0.0/16 will not work.

Need improvement on this part.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. O365 Service Health in Azure Portal

A way to get O365 Service Health in the azure portal. With the capability to see more and more date in regards to O365 in Azure, I think it would be good to see the Service Health as well.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Export Terraform script of resource

Export Terraform script would be a very appreciated feature in the Azure portal. That could improve the Terraform community around Azure and brings Terraform more closer to Azure.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Define policy alias for Microsoft.KeyVault/vaults/privateEndpointConnections

Hi,

Currently there is no alias for Define policy alias for Microsoft.KeyVault/vaults/privateEndpointConnections and sub paths. Can you add this alias please?

Thanks.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Notify the userbase before removing runtimes from Azure servers

Recently the PHP 7.1 binaries were removed without a public announcement and Web Apps were updated to PHP 7.3. Some applications had dependencies that broke because of this change which lead to frantic scrambling to minimize down time. A public announcement ahead of time could have given developers an opportunity to plan updates in their release schedule.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Inability to transfer Azure CSP subscriptions between partners in Azure Plan

This problem is impacting the customer's dissatisfaction because he wants to change partners and is not being possible since he asked for the exchange in March.

The client and the partner should not have the cost or the impact of an unnecessary migration as it was previously possible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Memory Preserved Maintenance time should be out of business hours

It is nice to avoid maintenance in business hour in each Region.
    Please plan the Memory Preserved maintenance after business hour considering local time.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Include DNS configuration status for custom domain for an app service

In the recent days we had an issue with one of our Azure hosted app service cause the browsers were reporting that the connection to it was insecure due to an invalid certificate. When checking the custom domain and SSL configuration everything was properly set and the certificate was reported as valid. After submitting a ticket to Microsoft support and chatting with the support team, it happened that the app service ip address was changed and so the A DNS entry for the custom domain was pointing to a wrong ip (the old app service ip address). It would be…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow "text message to phone" as MFA method while using security defaults

Using "Text message to phone" as your MFA method is currently not possible together with security defaults. I find this limitation to be an unecessary one (unless using text message poses some kind of security concern that I don't know about?), and I think that the process of enabling security defaults within smaller organisations should be made as easy as possible.

Alternative A: Using the authenticator app
    Not a good alternative imho. The authenticator app poses a lot more challenges for employees to use; both in terms of initial setup and when changing/losing phones. It is also easier to accidentally…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Support for OMS Agent (Linux Extension) on Centos 8\Azure VM for log analytics.

The agent does not currently support log analytics (or diagnostics) on Centos 8 on Azure , despite the fact that the OS image is available. In addition, no clear documentation exists on that topic.
    Please enable support.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Support for PostgreSQL Database Sink in Data Factory

Would be great if Azure Data Factory could support PostgreSQL Database as a sink. It currently will support copying data from, but not copying data to the DB.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-factory/connector-postgresql

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add region support for Azure Automation Log Analytics Workspace linking

There is limited region support for Azure Automation Log Analytics Workspace linking. Please expand the regional availability of this ability to more regions (in my case South Central would be awesome!).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Can we allow self-hosted integration runtime and Blob in Data Factory's Data Flow feature?

For enterprise where we are not allowed Azure-managed integration runtime because it has public IPs, we need to leverage self-hosted integration runtime (using VM) in Azure Data Factory (ADF).

This set-up works well in the simple Copy Data feature of ADF. However, it does not work with the Data Flow (extract, transform, load) feature. The latter only allows Azure-managed.

Also Data Flow does not allow linked service to a Blob. It can only accommodate Azure SQL Database, DW, and ADLS2.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Some pages no longer work with the new Edge Browser

Some of the documention for Azure including the Azure Sentinel pricing page and the Azure pricing calculator do not appear to work with the new Edge browser: Version 83.0.478.45 (Official build) (64-bit)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base