(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Azure available in Haiti

Microsoft Azure should be available for developers and businesses in Haiti. This country lack of a power supply system you can rely on for business, so the cloud is our best options. Please consider adding Haiti in the list of supported countries while signing up for Microsoft Azure.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need function for checking the allocate/deallocate status for Azure Firewall

In my understanding, Azure Firewall could be deallocated or allocated via PowerShell.

How can I stop and start Azure Firewall?
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/firewall/firewall-faq#how-can-i-stop-and-start-azure-firewall

But it is not able to check the status for allocate/deallocate via PowerShell or Azure Portal.

If it could check the status for it, it will be more useful.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. RateCard metadata with their spec information

I want to get RateCard meter metadata with their spec information (e.g. size, memory, cores...). Because I have to provide that data to our finance department.
    I can get the spec information of VMs by Get-AzureRmVMSize API, but they do not have MeterId, so can not associate with RateCard meter metadata.
    And I also want to get them about SQL Database, Redis Cache, and App Service. But they do not have API which can get their spec information in the first place.
    I think it is very useful if can get meter metadata with their spec information by RateCard API.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. - ELK Cluster stack configure on within own VNET

Would like to see the feature for implementing Elasticsearch (ELK) cluster stack on our own Virtual network as PaaS component like HDinsight service

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Myanmar (Burma) is not listed in Azure available countries... Is there any alternative way to use from Myanmar, please? Many Thanks

If the payment are not continence, please let us pay by Singapore/India/Thailand or China payment and let us use Azure in Myanmar (Burma). Many thanks.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Unlock the features for students.

I was excited to see Azure offered free to students via Dreamspark, but no SQL, VM, etc??? 9 out of 10 features are locked to the student license. I understand restrictions, but why does Microsoft even offer Azure to students if they aren't going to let them use it for the best Azure features.

Please drop the restrictions on student accounts. It will help Microsoft in the long run...students are not running businesses with these products while in school, but they might when they graduate.

Thanks,

Nick

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Permalink for Azure status history

Currently, Azure status history ( https://azure.microsoft.com/status/history/ )doesn't have permalink. I want to have permalink per status/failuer.

Current issues:
    * Status history feed hide status older than 90 days. I can't know older history.
    * I can't specify a specific status in history.

Why permalink?
    * I should announse failuer or issue of Azure for customers when status updated (occurred and solved). In this case, I added evidence by quoting status report from Azure status history. However Azure status history doesn't have permalink and I should use quote always. That is weak as evidence. (They confuse and dificult look up issues…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow English international user develop for Azure China a possibility

I am very excited with Microsoft's recent announcement regarding Azure China.
    How can non-Chinese speaking MSDN developer use their monthly credit with Azure China?
    Right now It doesn't seem to understand my regular Microsoft account login...
    Isn't the whole point to allow us, to get inside mainland china?!
    My whole aim is to do just that.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow aligning fault domains and update domains in an availability set

In certain cases I want to manage the availability of data replicas across a cluster of machines, and can endure more downtime for greater predictability of the nature of downtime.
    An example is Kafka, where I can handle a large portion of machines going down so long as I can make predictions of how they'll be correlated so I can plan how I lay out topic partitions to keep a majority of partitions up.

With the way availability sets are currently set up, I can limit my downtime in case of a fault, or in case of an upgrade, but…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide list of SKUs for resource type through Azure REST API

While provisioning resources using Azure REST APIs. One of the required thing is SKU. We have no API that provides list of available SKUs (if applicable) for provided resource type.

We badly need this as there is no way to get always up to date list of SKU.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable access to PDF invoices for additional users/groups for Azure Germany

Right now, only the account administrator can access PDF invoices within Azure Germany.

This Microsoft article describes in detail how to enable access to monthly PDF invoices for additional users/groups:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/billing/billing-manage-access

But according to a statement from a Microsoft customer support engineer, this is not available for Azure Germany.

Why is that?

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Open a DataCenter in Chile

Chile is a growing market. Google has a data center here and the communications infrastructure for the cities is good. If you build it they will come ! the Internet providers here still charge a premium for international traffic, ignoring the fact that they are thieves, I believe a having Azure/Office 365 presence in Chile would generate interest in the service. We are testing n Brazil, but the lack of some services and the use of international traffic is a big problem for our plans.. We are a Gold Partner interested in migrating an existing online service to Azure but…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. integrate Azure File Services in DFS-R

If you use Azure File Services as an alternative to a file server, it would be very useful to have a replication mechanism like DFS-R.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enable applications in Azure to share configuration

If you have multiple Azure Websites or Azure Roles provisioned, you might want them to share configuration details, for example about databases or storage account locations.
    I would like Azure to have a something like, "Azure Shared Configuration", that you can point applications to (so, I guess there's that) and receive whatever settings they need.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Grant unlimited access - Custom Vision

Grant unlimited access - Custom Vision

In Custom Vision API, we have limited api access to 1000 calls per day. How to increase the custom vision api access count to infinitive?
    Is there any pricing tier introduced?

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Keep notifications from previous session in azure portal

Notifications disappear from last session. Due to this its difficult to keep track of inprogress work.
    E.g- Importing a database
    Notification - Inprogress
    After refresh notification is gone and you have no idea about the status of your import .

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Azure Auto-Scale planned capacity increase

There should be a option to easily increase resource availability based on existing data, like something that would reflect the phrase "Increase machine count by 1 every 30 min from 7am until 9am". Currently setting different rules for every 30 min breaks and auto scale usually raises 5 at once...

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Azure USGovernment should have a status page

Azure USGov doesn't have a system status page, and I know I'll need one.

Here's the AWS page for comparison:
    http://status.aws.amazon.com/govcloud

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Don't time limit the free Azure trial

We appreciate the free Azure credits to help many of us get started and learning. I signed up and didn't realize it was limited for use within a month. I signed up a few weeks before taking holiday and now that I'm back, the trial will be ending. Bummer.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 35 36
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories