(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow running headless Chrome (or other browser) in Function apps or Web apps

Basically it's this:
    https://cloud.google.com/blog/products/gcp/introducing-headless-chrome-support-in-cloud-functions-and-app-engine

Now obviously Google has a bit of an advantage here what with Chrome being their own tech but there are so many blogs out there with people talking about complicated Docker solutions just to run headless Chrome in the cloud.

It would be great if we could get a solution where we could run Puppeteer in much the same way, or allow web apps to run Chrome without having to be inside Docker and we could manage a pool of Chromes without having to manage Docker as well.

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. storage stamp option

Provide the option to define storage accounts to use the same of different storage stamps. we have scenarios where the ability to define same or different stamps make an huge impact in the end result.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Static Public IP's on Virtual Network Gateways

Static Public IP's cannot be used with Virtual Network Gateways. This can potentially be very problematic if a Virtual Network Gateway ever needs to be re-created or re-provisioned.

Example: what if we have 30 separate tunnels to a Virtual Network Gateway and it needs to be re-created or re-provisioned? This would result in a new Public IP being provisioned (takes about 30-40 minutes - of downtime!) which would require 30 remote VPN Administrators to be engaged to rebuild their side of the tunnel. This could be easily resolved by allowing Static Public IP's to be associated with Virtual Network Gateways.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Feature of testing if alert mail or message would be sent correctly in Azure Monitor.

When I create an alert rule in Azure Monitor to send an email, I want to test if the email would be sent and received correctly.

Now, it doesn't seem to have this feature in Azure Monitor.
    So it is better for me if there is this feature.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow Azure Resource Move for Virtual Machines with Managed Disks

The idea is simple. Please allow Azure Resource Move for Virtual Machines with Managed Disks attached.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Azure's status board availability

The Microsoft Azure status board should live outside Azure's ecosystem just because when there is a problem with some Azure´s service, the Microsoft Azure status page may not be available for the same issue.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Guy Burstein responded

Thanks for the feedback. We are working on a fallback site for Azure Status for scenarios of Azure outages.

7. Allow VIP Swap when Staging slot is up and Running

Recently we had a problem where we had ~1h of downtime which could have been avoided if VIP swap wasn’t failing.
    The problem was that 1 single VM was in a busy state in Production slot. All VMs in the staging slot were up and Running.

Can you please allow a VIP swap if:
    1. All VMs in Staging slot are in Running state
    2. There’s the same or higher number of VMs in Staging slot compared to Production

I know that it’s by design that VIP swap is possible only if all VMs in both Staging and Production slot…

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. RateCard metadata with their spec information

I want to get RateCard meter metadata with their spec information (e.g. size, memory, cores...). Because I have to provide that data to our finance department.
    I can get the spec information of VMs by Get-AzureRmVMSize API, but they do not have MeterId, so can not associate with RateCard meter metadata.
    And I also want to get them about SQL Database, Redis Cache, and App Service. But they do not have API which can get their spec information in the first place.
    I think it is very useful if can get meter metadata with their spec information by RateCard API.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Backend heath status of Application Gateway

We deployed the Application Gateway on the subnet where NSG's In-Bound rules is set. In the result, we got the status of backend health is 'unknown'. We got the 'Healthy' status when the NSG doesn't associate to subnet. Even if NSG's In-Bound rules is set, We'd like to confirm the backend health.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Key Vault like as RA-GRS

Currently, Key Vault have redundancy and availability, but I can not access to secondary region manually.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/key-vault/key-vault-disaster-recovery-guidance

Region fail over is automacically, however I would like to access to secondary like as RA-GRS of Azure Storage before than failover because I want to more enhance BCP of our services.

* I guess, Azure doesn't occurred region failover so far, but services failur occurred sometimes in regions.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. mfa nps extension for rds bypass wan ip

It would be great to bypass MFA for RDS to given WAN IP adresses. So the users can login directly only from the office.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make Azure available in Haiti

Microsoft Azure should be available for developers and businesses in Haiti. This country lack of a power supply system you can rely on for business, so the cloud is our best options. Please consider adding Haiti in the list of supported countries while signing up for Microsoft Azure.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. - ELK Cluster stack configure on within own VNET

Would like to see the feature for implementing Elasticsearch (ELK) cluster stack on our own Virtual network as PaaS component like HDinsight service

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make Windows Server 2016 Core available

Not every role is available in Nano. I don't need full GUI for domain controllers for example, but can't deploy on Nano.

Perhaps other roles are coming in Nano, but in the meantime make core available, as it is for Windows 2012.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Monitor physical hosts in Azure Data Center

We would like to monitor physical host in Azure Data Centers, because we don't have information about health status of physical hosts where located our VMs.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Unlock the features for students.

I was excited to see Azure offered free to students via Dreamspark, but no SQL, VM, etc??? 9 out of 10 features are locked to the student license. I understand restrictions, but why does Microsoft even offer Azure to students if they aren't going to let them use it for the best Azure features.

Please drop the restrictions on student accounts. It will help Microsoft in the long run...students are not running businesses with these products while in school, but they might when they graduate.

Thanks,

Nick

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide azure P2S VPN client for Linux

We need to have azure P2S VPN client for Linux machines, currently it is available only for windows. When managing a large set of VMs running in linux, we prefer using Linux control machine, and we currently don't have option to use P2S VPN setup in li nux. Im sure this feature will help lot of projects in linux taking advantage of Azure migratons

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow English international user develop for Azure China a possibility

I am very excited with Microsoft's recent announcement regarding Azure China.
    How can non-Chinese speaking MSDN developer use their monthly credit with Azure China?
    Right now It doesn't seem to understand my regular Microsoft account login...
    Isn't the whole point to allow us, to get inside mainland china?!
    My whole aim is to do just that.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow aligning fault domains and update domains in an availability set

In certain cases I want to manage the availability of data replicas across a cluster of machines, and can endure more downtime for greater predictability of the nature of downtime.
    An example is Kafka, where I can handle a large portion of machines going down so long as I can make predictions of how they'll be correlated so I can plan how I lay out topic partitions to keep a majority of partitions up.

With the way availability sets are currently set up, I can limit my downtime in case of a fault, or in case of an upgrade, but…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. new Azure Regions: Middle East such as, Saudi Arabia or at least in France and Germany

Hello,
    We suggest to you to make new Azure Regions: Middle East such as, Saudi Arabia or at least in France and Germany.
    The Middle East is bigger than Europe, Why two in Europe and no one there..

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Feedback and Knowledge Base