(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow templates to be filtered by IaaS or PaaS

Not much else to say really - if I'm looking for templates to use for IaaS I'd like to hide all the PaaS related templates so I can find what I'm looking for quicker

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it possible to add more Dashboard styles to the Microsoft Application Insights

Currently the built in Dashboard offer few options.
    It would be good to have more and flexible options.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add more export options for Microsoft Application Insights Dashboards

Currently is only possible to export to Excel.
    It would be good to export to other formats like PDF, JPG, Email.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. allow delegation of basic administration of cloud users

I have a lot of cloud only users in Azure AD, which are external parties that need access to SharePoint Online sites.

If I could delegate the control of just those cloud users (ideally via group membership) to someone else, I could reduce the administrative burden.

Doesn't need to write back to On Premise AD.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I hate videos as substitute for documentation. My reading speed is 10x faster than any video.

I hate videos as substitute for documentation. My reading speed is 10x faster than any video.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Multiple Dashboard personalities / screens

Where an account has multiple subscriptions associated it would be good to be able to have a customized dashboard per subscription. For example - My work (organisation account) is a co-admin for multiple customers. If I could split each customer in their own dashboard or create other custom dashboards say per resource ..

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. pls specify that a database is created when you turn on the replication and not deleted when you delete the replication

should ask for deleting of replication database if the replication is turned off.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hive odbc driver pre-installed on cloud services

The current Hive odbc driver pre-installed on azure cloud services is x32 whereas the iis sites are by default x64. This means that to use the odbc driver to connect to hive on azure cloud services, one needs to install the correct driver version (x64) via a startup task.
    This is more of a bug report than a feature suggestion, but that's what I've been asked to do (https://twitter.com/AzureSupport/status/677071404882370560)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. AWS to Azure - Help kit

For all people coming from Rackspace, AWS or pretty much all cloud computing services, the interface and usability in Azure is really really bad. Somethings I have seen here seem to have been developed so make things easier and simpler, with all being done in the UI, but they dont. I would rather just have a more straight forward UI than Azures interface. As I know changing that can be a lot, at least I suggest you creating some tutorials about how can people do the same stuff they do on AWS in Azure. I have been trying…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. friendly link for customer to update payment information

I am finding it somewhat difficult to have to schedule time with customers to have them set their payment information. It would be nice if we could sign up the customer and add the subscription. It would then be great to just send the customer a link that takes them directly to update the payment information. This way the customer only needs to login to the azure subscription (with the corresponding login) and fill out the payment information.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We would like to pool MSDN accounts with Azure organization subscriptions. We have a lot of developers with MSDN that share a subscription.

Our developers and engineers all have MSDN subscriptions and share a few Azure organization subscriptions. It would be ideal to be able to leverage the Azure credits from individual MSDN subscriptions against Azure org subscriptions.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Very limited period of trial! I have just started exploring Azure, Please extend the trial for next 60 days...or minimum 30 days.

Very limited period of trial! I have just started exploring Azure, Please extend the trial for next 60 days...or minimum 30 days.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. As of now, there is no feature that is available in Azure to receive alert if any co-admins, service admins ID’s gets deleted from the Azure

As of now, there is no feature that is available in Azure to receive alert if any co-admins, service admins ID’s gets deleted from the Azure account. Hence, we would like to suggest enhancement to Azure team introduce a service wherein if any user ID role is removed from the account the main owner of the should receive an alert for the same.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Don't use US specific date formats in the Event Viewer

To me, and anyone not living in the US, "12/3/2015" reads like 12th of March 2015. Luckily, I know that it is supposed to mean 3rd of December 2015. Can't you please standardize on ISO8601 across the board instead of this peculiar non-international format? That is what you do everywhere else.

And please get rid of the AM/PM **** as well. Annoying to anyone living outside North America.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Maintenance notification for “Memory-preserving updates”

“Memory-preserving updates” should be notified to users. Because this maintenance influences the Linux CentOS users. This notification make many azure users so happy.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The website 'http://azure.microsoft.com/search/' needs to add the ability to search the Updates blog 'http://azure.microsoft.com/updates'.

The website 'http://azure.microsoft.com/search/' needs to add the ability to search the Updates blog 'http://azure.microsoft.com/updates'.
    We want to lean on the ACom Updates blog more heavily, as a solution to a documentation problem. But it is important that the Updates blog be made more search-able first.
    The Updates blog webpage has filters, but lacks a standard free-form string search box. Ideally such a box would be added.
    But a possible solution would be to enhance the Search webpage to make it capable of search the Updates blog (filtering out the entire rest of the WWWeb…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A simple way to figure out how to do common tasks on azure.

When as a new developer I want to look into azure or any cloud service there is no easy way go figure out what I need. Like if I wanted to move my small web applications that runs on a lamp server what do I need to do.

It should list what I want to do and then give some simple examples of what i need and how I can do it. It can also give me examples of how to change the application to take better advantage of azure.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Provide alternative feature for entering ACL rules as CSV (Whitelist/Blacklist textbox)

It would be great if instead of the text box system currently in place (or as a feature that could be switched to) the user could select to Whitelist + blacklist ips in a csv format.
    This would simplify applying the same rules multiple times; and separating white list from blacklist would reduce the number of key-entry errors resulting in a user accidentally making an endpoint available to 0.0.0.0/0 (all things)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. website "was this page helpful" sticky footer

Documentation portal.
    super annoying sticky footer popup asking for feedback.
    1 it doesn't need to be so tall - it takes up quite a bit of space and its movement seems distracting
    2 if I close it or provide feedback, the page should remember that I provided feedback and not show again.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base