(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide affordable pricing bands for cloud services for Devs/Hobbyists

Hosting a Web Service requires publishing inside a cloud service, but there are no pricing bands for cloud services. £40 a month in Compute Hours for a hello world service is a bit steep. That racks up to over £500 a year for something that may get minimal usage.
    None of us mind paying a few pound to host some experimental service, and those fortunate enough to have MSDN can afford to use their credit for it, but at present, devs without MSDN would be better steering well clear of Web Services unless they are generating revenue, which doesn't happen…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Come faccio a provare le macchine virtuali su Azure se non ho l'abbonamento MSDN?

Come faccio a provare le macchine virtuali su Azure se non ho l'abbonamento MSDN?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make India regions Live for GA

Hello Azure,

I received an update in Oct 2015 that India regions will be available in 2016 for all web direct customers and will be GA.

Hence, requesting you to please make India regions available for all web direct customers and make them GA.

Thanks,
    Ammar Qasmi

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. greyed out circle means not available

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/regions/#services

On this page, I see that all the circles are greyed out - which usually would mean that all of them are not available. I believe that is not the intention. Please make them - probably green..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Is very Importan Reporting services like a services because you are the owner

Is very Importan Reporting services like a services because you are the owner.

I think is very back choise for microsfot, have the better service like Azure with out your best Reporting opcion, Reporting Services like a Service must be continue.
    I think it's a blow to developers and customers that Microsoft made a decision to remove a service without making a notification in advance to prepare for contingencies.

For example now I have decided to use for my best service in the cloud, can not use Crystal Report for safety to maintain the service and LocalReports this with Visual…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add a link to firewall settings from database level

It would be quite helpful to have a shortcut link to the databse's server firewall settings directly from the databse level

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Enable use of Sign In Page User Name Label on Azure sign in page

The Sign In Page User Name is a field which we can edit but its not currently used on the sign in page. can we please get this feature enabled.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow templates to be filtered by IaaS or PaaS

Not much else to say really - if I'm looking for templates to use for IaaS I'd like to hide all the PaaS related templates so I can find what I'm looking for quicker

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make it possible to add more Dashboard styles to the Microsoft Application Insights

Currently the built in Dashboard offer few options.
    It would be good to have more and flexible options.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add more export options for Microsoft Application Insights Dashboards

Currently is only possible to export to Excel.
    It would be good to export to other formats like PDF, JPG, Email.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. allow delegation of basic administration of cloud users

I have a lot of cloud only users in Azure AD, which are external parties that need access to SharePoint Online sites.

If I could delegate the control of just those cloud users (ideally via group membership) to someone else, I could reduce the administrative burden.

Doesn't need to write back to On Premise AD.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I hate videos as substitute for documentation. My reading speed is 10x faster than any video.

I hate videos as substitute for documentation. My reading speed is 10x faster than any video.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Multiple Dashboard personalities / screens

Where an account has multiple subscriptions associated it would be good to be able to have a customized dashboard per subscription. For example - My work (organisation account) is a co-admin for multiple customers. If I could split each customer in their own dashboard or create other custom dashboards say per resource ..

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. pls specify that a database is created when you turn on the replication and not deleted when you delete the replication

should ask for deleting of replication database if the replication is turned off.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hive odbc driver pre-installed on cloud services

The current Hive odbc driver pre-installed on azure cloud services is x32 whereas the iis sites are by default x64. This means that to use the odbc driver to connect to hive on azure cloud services, one needs to install the correct driver version (x64) via a startup task.
    This is more of a bug report than a feature suggestion, but that's what I've been asked to do (https://twitter.com/AzureSupport/status/677071404882370560)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. AWS to Azure - Help kit

For all people coming from Rackspace, AWS or pretty much all cloud computing services, the interface and usability in Azure is really really bad. Somethings I have seen here seem to have been developed so make things easier and simpler, with all being done in the UI, but they dont. I would rather just have a more straight forward UI than Azures interface. As I know changing that can be a lot, at least I suggest you creating some tutorials about how can people do the same stuff they do on AWS in Azure. I have been trying…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base