Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, reach out to us on Microsoft Q&A or try StackOverflow

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Block Azure subscription name change for EA Customers.

In an enterprise environment where subscriptions are issued centrally and we try to maintain a consistent naming convention for the whole organisation, we would like to have a mechanism to prevent subscription name changes centrally. It could be through a centrally enforceable policy. Thanks

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow (AADDS) to authenticate access to storage account file shares for computer that is member of external domain or hybrid joined.

Currently if company decided to replicate their local file share resources via Azure File Sync to Azure storage account and decide that they want to use same ACLs from NTFS there are two options.
    One is select Identity-based access for file shares and enable Azure Active Directory Domain Services (Azure AD DS) or integrate on premise Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
    If company decide to go with AADDS then device that want to map file from azure storage account as a drive and use NTFS/ACLs then is must be joined to AADDS and here we have a problem because…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Active Directory VPN client for MAC

There is not AAD VPN Client for MAC. The VPN Gateway functionately is through tenant identifier and token, in order to authenticate against AAD there is not current integration to add LDAP as part of this configuration.

I am using OpenVPN but cannot use Azure Active Directory as authentication because there is no client for mac devices.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Update Azure AD Connect to join tenants

In a Customer we want to join tenants. Microsoft has Azure AD Connect to join OnPremise with Cloud. It is interesting that Microsoft update Microsoft AD Connect to join tenants. The idea is the same, only is update the infrastructure and Microsoft has the solution. Thank you very much

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. More payment modes integration in India

As of now, Azure only accepts credit cards in India for the fact that credit cards support recurring payments without having to handle with additional factor for authentication (OTP) on each transactions. Getting a credit card from the bank is not easy for someone who is just starting out, individual entrepreneurs or new startups. This credit card thing has locked me out and several other deserving entrepreneurs; from accessing Azure services, since I/we do not have a personal credit card nor my/our company(ies) and won't get one either. While other major cloud providers accept debit cards of select banks, it…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Authenticator app to Sign into Azure Tenant needs some work

It just doesn't really work? No notifications coming through, sometimes I can log in with an account other times I can't.

Also I have changed devices but logged onto my account and this seems to be causing problems? But now I am fully locked out of the tenant account with no foreseeable way to get back in.

So I think the fixed would be a lot more clarity on how it works or just for users to know why it doesn't work. Very confusing app/process.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow PIM to be specific RG's or Resources in a subscription without multiple PIM Azure resource roles to get approval

Would possible to be able to setup PIM for members of a group to a custom role, but only to the resources that the custom role is assigned to so that the users only have to request 1 PIM access instead of several.

Currently, If I assign a role to a MGMT group, Subscription, Resource Group, or Resource, they show up as individual eligible roles for them to access.

I have a group of devs that we created a subscription for them, but they don't need to get access to specific RG's, or resources (NSG's, Route Tables, etc..). So to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Can we have the contrast reduced for azure portal and options to have fonts written in blue or other colours as available on Outlook as well

Can we have the contrast reduced for azure portal and options to have fonts written in blue or other colours as available on Outlook as well

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Display the number of rules in a Azure Firewall Policy clearly

We know the limit is 10,000 rules per Firewall, however there does not seem to be a way to tell how many rules are actually in use.

Yes the Portal shows the number of rules in each rule collection and you could add those all up, but that isn't sensible.

Additionally, that is the number of rules that the customer has configured and according to Support, who checked with the Internal Team, not the true number of rules that count towards the limit.

Based on the documentation and Support discussion, the FW considers a rule as the unique tuple of…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow WAF to specify cipher list for connection to backend

WAF cipher selection option in the portal is only meant for listener. Usage case example, DHE ciphers are stated to have known issue and are not supported for WAF listener. However, DHE cipher is being used when connecting to backend and occasionally causing 502 error. Due to the need for other connection, we cannot remove DHE (2048) support on the server. It will be good if we can specify WAF's cipher to connect to servers.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Powershell

We want to have PowerShell command which have any ways to revoke certificate for P2S VPN in Virtual WAN.
    For PS command:
    Add-AzVpnClientRevokedCertificate -VpnClientRevokedCertificateName <String> -VirtualNetworkGatewayName <String>
    -ResourceGroupName <String> -Thumbprint <String> [-DefaultProfile <IAzureContextContainer>]
    [<CommonParameters>]

We could not put the child gateway name such as: 2d70d7aa13284d6ca3cf4b1382f39511-southeastasia-gw

It will shows [Resource not found], we have the needs that automate the revoke certificate process.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Memory Metric on SQL Elastic Pools

It could be good if you can add a metric for RAM on the SQL Elastic Pools; actually, we do not have any metric that provides the actual percentage of used memory

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. azure portal instance

Capability to only allow X users at any one time to access the azure portal concurrently.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Changing regions after erroneous error during signup

Ajesh,

Thank you for reaching out for sake of efficiency, I will post thins in my response and in the feedback. I signed up for an account and when I did the region was listed as Canada. I thought well, I will just fix that when I finish signing up. I never received a warning of are you sure or whatever else. This is my fault for not checking. I cannot add a card to use this account because I do not have a Canadian bank account or Address. I can understand that you have policies and procedures for a…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow EA Consumption APIs to provide Mark up cost for Indirect EA Customers

We have a Indirect EA account. Our partner adds up mark up to our services. we have seen a difference in cost on EA portal for Market place purchase send grid. the amount is different on EA portal and Azure portal.

We have tried consumption and reporting APIs but both provide us with value which is on EA portal.

https://consumption.azure.com/v3/enrollments/{enrollmentNumber}/billingPeriods/{billingPeriod}/marketplacecharges

https://management.azure.com/providers/Microsoft.Billing/billingAccounts/XXXXXXX/providers/Microsoft.Consumption/marketplaces?api-version=2019-10-01

Being part of EA enrollment both this APIs will call the back end and reach out to the EA portal and you will be seeing the values which are currently shown on EA portal.

The real problem is we…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. VNET Gateway near maximum CPU utilization

Hi Team,

It would be great that we can know which vpn gateway has high cpu utilization in notification email. because we have several vpn gateways but it didn't tell us which one had cpu high.

Regards.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Requesting a method to monitor API Key expiration by either notification or email

When Enrollment Access Keys expire, access to be able to fetch billing data is lost. Please create a method to monitor these keys to ensure upkeep such as a notification in the portal and/or an email sent to the EA Administrators/Account Administrators. Missing renewal causes unnecessary delays in monitoring our billing data. I humbly request your consideration.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Migrate/Transfer PAYG subscription to CSP

Can you add a easy option to migrate/transfer a PAYG Azure Subscription to a CSP without perform a resource migration from the pay-as-you-go subscription to the CSP subscription?.

Why?

As you know, the "The Move Operation" method is not compatible with all resources and this becomes harder to do when the PAYG subscription contains many of those services that are very important and critical to the company, this kind of transfer/migration implies that the transfer/migration has to be planned since there will be downtimes on the workloads.

I know that this could be easy when we talking about CSP to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Show detailed operating system in Virtual machine blade

In the virtual machines blade the operating system column only displays linux or windows. If you click through you can usually see the detailed OS like "Linux (Ubuntu 18.04)". Show that detailed OS in the list view and make detailed OS searchable so I can find all my VM's with 'Ubuntu 18.04' or 'Windows Server 2016 Datacenter'

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base