(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. about azure subscription

MPN and sponsorship subscriptions- such benefits shall be extended to existing subscriptions rather than needing to create new subscription

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adding an email notification enable check box for longer operations

Recently I ran into an issue where my move resources request got stuck for about 2 days.
    I raised a case and by the time we started interacting, the job completed.

My suggestion is below:

While starting a job which is expected to take more than 15-20 min to complete, there should be enable notification checkbox, which can take my email as input or pickup from the account, to send me a notification once the transaction completes.

If the transaction gets stuck for longer than expected time or it fails in error, the notification should come to the admin who…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. hybrid environment - User synchronization from Onprem

In hybrid environment, User's is been sync from on prem to AAD with AAD connector, we can also activate password write back.
    If the user is lockout in on prem, this is not replicated to Azure\O365 and the user can log in in the cloud.
    And vice versa ,when user lockout in Azure, he still can login in on prem.
    I suggest to add this feature.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Dynamically update Access reviews with New Groups that get added via Teams etc.

We looking for the ability to create a General Access review and Dynamically add groups that get created to the access review thats already inplace

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Always using only one mail address as sender when replying to a ticket. (no individual mails

My suggestion is to change the way support mails are sent. As the Azure help portal is not optimal user friendly, it is hardly used, even by MS support engineers. Instead everyone sends and replies to tickets with their own mail address.
    This leads to the fact that the tickets in the portal are extremely difficult to read, and at the same time the incoming ticket mails are difficult to filter automatically too. This leads in combination to the fact that updates are not always noticed promptly. The specific suggested approach is to always use only one mail address as…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Email Alert notification for ASR Certificate expiration

Please include a feature to add email notification alert for ASR certificate expiration

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Office 365 URLs and IP address ranges

Office 365 URLs and IP address ranges page is very confusing and hard to match network requirements against applications.

It would be great if there was a filter at the top of the page where you could select the application and it lists all of the required and optional URLs/ IP addresses...

It would need to be very specific an list ALL applications including such things as AAD Connect, AAD Connect Health etc... as it is currently a very vague page and even Microsoft Support engineers all interpret the page differently!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Require to send app service plan's metric data to a workspace.

A diagnostic setting to send the app service plan's metric data to a workspace is really needed.

The metric data in app service plan is important and useful for monitoring the condition of all the apps, here is a strong requirement to make use of the data on Cx's goal flexibly by sending the data to a workspace.

Please take this into consideration. Thanks a lot.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please increase the retention period beyond the 30 day limit for the existing snapshots of the Cosmos DB.

Please increase the retention period beyond the 30 day limit for the existing snapshots of the Cosmos DB.
    The current period is set to 30 days.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Azure Bastion 'Session' view: Add AAD-Identity/UPN field

The 'Session' view on the Azure Bastion blade currently shows the user account name entered to authenticate on the target vm. Another field/column showing the UPN of the Azure AD account used to initiate the session would be very informative and useful, since the AAD user clicking 'connect' is likely to be different from the AD/local user account entered to authenticate in the OS a lot of the time. With a field representing the AAD identity used to connect to through bastion, admins could immediately see who connected. This would also be very important and useful for logging purposes and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow access to Azure services flag to allow only from same tenant

Allow access to Azure services setting allows access from any Microsoft service across any tenant. Today e.g. if I know the connection string of SQL server then I can create power-bi service in any tenant and get all data from the SQL, there is no 2nd factor of protection layer due to this.

This also opens a threat for Microsoft to access the data, a extra network layer of authentication is a must.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. customize the SSO url redirection to myapplications.microsoft.com

customize the SSO url redirection to myapplications.microsoft.com

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. sso url

customize the SSO url redirection to myapplications.microsoft.com

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create Azure NSG Service tag for Microsoft 365

I'd like to use Windows Virtual Desktop as a very secured box, with no connection to internet. (only inbound with WVD service tag for connection)
    The problem is that Microsoft 365 is forced to be connected to internet for activation.
    I need my users to use Excel and Word, but to prevent any data link, I want no outbound connections. From microsoft official website:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/enterprise/urls-and-ip-address-ranges

We have to allow several /14 ranges, or even bigger, which will also authorize usage of onedrive for example. Additionally, some URLs have to be whitelisted, which is not possible in NSGs.

I need a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. PIM - Disable Notifications for Approvers

At the moment there is a Notifications tab at the Role settings page for 'Azure AD Roles' and 'Azure Resources'. But when I clear all checkboxes, approvers still receive an email that they have to approve or deny a user's assignment activation. This didn't seems right. After contact with Microsoft Support they announced that the Product Group for PIM already is taking action to enable the possibility to disable this Notification. This way I hope the Product Group can keep me informed about the progress they make :-).
    We have one big approver group and it would be nice if…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Application Gateway routing based on cookie value

We need to route traffic based on cookie value in Application Gateway.

Currently we have an F5 doing the following:

When cookie is absent or value is ABLB=1 send it to A/B test node. When value ABLB=0 send it to webapp.

This functionality is really required to adopt Azure Gateway.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Support mix of Internet option or Microsoft Edge option for a load balancer with Routing Preference option

Hi,
    We would like our users to come over Internet in some cases vs over high speed Microsoft Edge network in other cases. Currently Routing Preference doesn't allow mix of ips belonging to Internet/MS Edge. It will be good to have both of these options available with a load balancer. We use AKS with public load balancer and would like to have mix of ips on it.

-Siddhesh.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Support for beeing able to manage devices in a Multi Forest/AD environment using Intune

Support of Device in a hybrid-joined in multiple “local” domains and managed via the global Intune.

This scenario would then be able to take advantage of full Intune management, autopilot etc. and still support the "legacy" local applications without the need of big AD consolidation projects (time consuming, high cost etc.) and still leverage cloud management.
    Today there is "only" support for hybrid-joined to one "local" AD domain.

Many like us still have a Multi Forest/AD Environment (for several years ahead).

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Transferring vm's to a different Azure subscription

Currently we cannot give resource access to another subscription and tenant. This was explained as being part of the design and we are unable to copy resources from one tenant to another.

In my situation a virtual machine was created for a client using the university Azure account however handover could not happen because the client needed it on their subscription. If both people agree the image of the virtual machine should be able to be delivered to the new subsrcription.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base