(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [ASE] Improve the ASE Scaling operation time

Scaling out our App Service plans in an App Service Environment can take over 30 minutes normally (sometimes >50mins). it's very impact the ASE application availability, we would like to know is there other way to reduce the time? Like:

1) Is there any pre-allocated settings in ASE?
    2) Is there any action/plan to optimized the scaling time?

thanks in advance.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a search endpoint to Microsoft ToDo or list All ToDo items

What I need to do is:
    - When an item is assigned to me in Azure DevOps
    - Iterate over the existing items in a particular list I created (DevOps)
    - If there's no item whose subject contains the DevOps item id, create a new item.

There's an endpoint to add Add ToDo, Get a ToDo by Id and list all ToDo Lists.

I would like to iterate over the existing items before I add one so I don't duplicate. Not having that basically renders the Add ToDo useless - because it keeps adding duplicated items every time the triggering…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Using instanceView.statuses[*].Code for VM state

Please fix Microsoft.Compute/virtualMachines/instanceView.statuses[*].Code so that we can use status[1] in the policy to determine VM state.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Test Data Management Tool as a Service

In the microservices world it is tedious to have a end to end testing with all the critical flows.

The most tough part to this is maintaining the Test Data. So it would be helpful if the Azure provides a Test data Management and Service Virtualization tools as a Service. This really makes the Azure Devops more complete.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add Evaluate Custom Model for Azure Machine Learning

I have created a Custom ML Model in Azure ML Pipeline, it works fine but unable to evaluate the model.

ModuleExceptionMessage:UnableToEvaluateCustomModel: Evaluating scores produced by Custom Model is currently unsupported.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Let users determine when an App Service is updated

Microsoft should not automatically roll out updates to Azure App Services. Microsoft should allow users to choose when updates to an Azure App Service occur, to enable them to do testing in a test environment before rolling out your update on a production site hosted by an Azure App Service.

This update...

https://docs.microsoft.com/answers/questions/6842/announcement-samesite-cookie-handling-and-net-fram.html

...was rolled out to all our servers, dev, uat and our production Azure App Service all at once. It seems assemblies that we were deploying are now in the gac.

The errors we were receiving were..

Error Details - Generated CS: Line: 0 Column: 0 Text: An…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Display a warning in Microsoft Identity Provider panel when the application has been configured from a personal account

Applications that have been created using personal accounts must be configured via "https://apps.dev.microsoft.com/". Some configuration for the IDP (i.e. Redirect Uris) will be ignored when edited via the regular Azure portal. Please display a warning in Azure telling the user that the "Application has been created using a personal account and must be edited via apps.dev.microsoft.com"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow Azure CDN to be configured and enabled/disabled via Kubernetes yaml files only

In Google Cloud Platform Kubernetes and Google CDN play really well together, but not in Azure:

Suppose you have a Service and an Ingress. The Ingress gives you IP4 address. This address you add as an A record of your custom domain, you setup LetsEncrypt certificates using CertManager, you add a TLS configuration in Ingress and that's it. CertManager will use HTTP-01 challenge to verify the domain, i.e. no customer actions are required.
    The same is available in Azure CDN. So far so good.

Now, you want to enable/disable CDN. Everything you have to do in Google Cloud Platform is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow deploying VM with certificate from another subscription

When deploying a virtual machine, you can not use a certificate that is stored in another subscription.
    This is an issue as I wish have a single management Key Vault, this key vault stores and updates all the certificates. This will make the overall management easier, and will save having to have duplicate certificates across multiple key vaults if you are using multiple environments.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. add powershell and Az CLI command to show all role assignments to a Service Principal

Refer to this case: [REG:120030923002126] Roles assignment info for service principal

We like to know all the role assignments to a Service Principal. But for now we need to write a script that loop through each subscriptions, resource groups and resources. This is not effective.

The same feature applicable to groups and users too. We should be able to see all permission granted to them at all scope/level.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. sql database backup not cancellable

Once I started a AZURE SQL BACKUP operation by mistake on my production database. I took like a day to complete the operation, affecting my database performance.

Theres is no way to cancel, stop or pause that operation, which is frustrating.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add Account Center to the Azure Portal.

Currently, we don't see all our subscriptions under the Azure portal. I just found out that we need to open the Account Center to see our Tech Support subscription and to download the invoices. Why all this information not in one place?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Azure branding background image is not auto fitting

The branding image is Azure is not auto fitting in the browser, it is removing the top and bottom portion of the image.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. MFA portal page is displayed Delegated Admin (Partner Center Account )

the Azure MFA portal is not working properly for the Delegated Admin, while it does for a GA in the tenant

the issue occurs with all the end customer tenants, for the Delegated Admin

Note : • Enabling / Disabling MFA per user with a ValueAddedResellerPartnerDelegatedAdmin GA also gives an error, while this works with the GA from the tenant itself:

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Virtual Machine should be searchable using DNS Name

In portal.azure.com, I should be able search a Virtual Machine if I have the DNS name.

Here in screenshot, I do have a machine with this DNS but I am not able search.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Storage account File doesn't have Diagnostics or audit logs

Storage account File doesn't have Diagnostics or audit logs, its hard to track the access to Files and operations performed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Storage account diagnostics logs should User principle details

Azure staorage account diagnostic logs doesn't provide user details, this is very much required to response in case any unauthorized access or tampering of data happens.

Scenario: When someone in organation is accessing a sensitive data or user account is compramised, then using the logs alert is detected but doesn't have enough information to block a user or take necessary action, as the user is accessing within office network then only companies Public IP available using which we cannot block access to everyone.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Support docker-compose in Azure Container Instances

Containers for WebApps/App Services support docker-compose, you should support the same for Azure Container Instances

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I want to be able to migrate my AppCenter diagnostic data, which I exported to Azure Blob Storage, to Azure Application Insight.

Currently this is not possible and there is also no way to export errors and crashes from appcenter directly to application insights.
    This would be a huge benefit, as it allows me to analyze all my app data in one place instead of having it split between azure application insights and appcenter

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base