(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add option to whitelist more than 5 IP addresses or add a subnet when using NFS shares on the Azure Data Box

Currently the Azure Data Box can only allow 5 IP addresses to connect to NFS shares on the Data Box. Backup cluster devices larger than 5 nodes cannot write to the Azure Data Box. If the Azure data box could allow more IP's to whitelist or to whitelist a subnet, backups or archive jobs would complete successfully. This is highly desired and a big limitation of our use case with Cohesity backup appliance.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please enable MFA for user login to Windows 10 Desktops in Azure via RDP that are AAD domain joined - currently not enabled

Currently there is no way to RDP to Windows 10 Desktops in Azure that are AAD Domain joined with an AAD account that has MFA enabled

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add creation time and last launch time for a VM (API and Portal)

Add details of creation time and last launch time of a virtual machine via the API and in the Portal

This data is very useful for multiple use cases

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Pin Security Center to Azure Dashboard

Now is note possible to pin Security center blades to Azure Dashboard. The reason is to have it consolidated view on service status - VM performance and VM security.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Disk size must be allow the user to decrease!

I've newly join microsoft azure for my product, i spent 1 week to do hosting and database and end up the disk you set default is costing tons of money and i cannot reduce the size! The only solution is i have to recreate the VM.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. add ability to add images to a shared image gallery using packer and custom plan_info, as used in the marketplace images

Recently when trying to create a shared custom Linux image for our company using terraform and packer, we ran into many issues. We were unable create an image version using packer after setting up the shared image gallery and an image definition nor see an image version we manually created in our gallery when using the az vm image cmd line option.

There is no way to do this unless these images are marketplace images, however there isn't very clear instructions around shared image gallery setup that this is not possible.

We need better docs to clearly say this is/is…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Display Azure Key Vaults access policies divided in groups,applications and users when accessing them through powershell

Display Azure Key Vaults access policies divided in groups,applications and users when accessing them through powershell
    Currently they are displayed as a single list with no identifier to bifurcate them

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Import/export NSGs via CSV

It would be fantastic if there was the ability easily import or export NSGs via CSV. This would extremely useful for documentation purposes or to be able to bulk add/remove rules to a new or existing NSG.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Increase AppGW http/v2 header size limitation

We are currently hitting the AppGW http/v2 (POST) header size when using CORS with attached bearer token. Our basic request is already 3 KB and when adding the bearer token, we are no more possible to send/receive the requests as the header currently grows up to 9KB. This is slightly more than the allowed 4 KB.

We would really appreciate to allow a bigger header size so that we can still work with our OAUTH2 authentication for CORS.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make the whole resource box clickable and not only the text

When switching between resources on "all resources" menu in a rush its easy to miss what resource you are on.
    Therefore it would be nice if the whole box was clickable and not only the resource name text.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Automated service for expiration notification of Azure Service

Automated service for expiration notification of Azure Service

There are currently no service automation to inform customer when some service will be not supported. as an exemple, i discovered at the portal recently that TLS 1.0 and 1.1 will not more be support for my Azure Redis cache service.
    can you propose a better way to get informed of incoming impact (proactive). i was lucky to see it while accessing the ressource for others matters...

eg : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/azure/azure-cache-for-redis/cache-remove-tls-10-11

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Set Up Retention Policy for LUIS app

When I have old versions of LUIS app older than 90 days I want to set up a configuration to remove them so I don't come across obsolete data.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Poor billing system

Microsoft debiting money for no usage and not refunding on time. Claiming we have a new tool which takes 10 days for refund. Worst process and application to take end user on ride.
    By mistake taken around 98k from my bank account and acknowledging the same. It's been more than 10 days I am not getting my money. Very bad and lousy system.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Misleading documentation for Azure Automation Runbook API usage - Parameter as JSON data

The documentation for the Azure Automation API usage regarding using the runbook parameter as JSON data is misleading, not consistent.

The documentation https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/automation/runbook-input-parameters#passing-a-json-object-to-a-runbook is stating:

"It can be useful to store data that you want to pass to a runbook in a JSON file. For example, you might create a JSON file that contains all parameters that you want to pass to a runbook. To do this, you must convert the JSON code to a string and then convert the string to a PowerShell object before passing it to the runbook."

But the documentation https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/automation/runbook-input-parameters#start-a-runbook-by-using-the-rest-api-and-assign-parameters is stating that "any valid…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Get Notified When Managed Instance's IP Address Is Changed

According to the below article, "The managed instance service doesn't claim static IP address support and reserves the right to change it without notice as a part of regular maintenance cycles."
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/sql-database/sql-database-managed-instance-faq#ip-address

It might be better if there would be the feature to get notified when the managed instance changes it's IP address.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Logic app should be able to connect multiple outlook 365 APIs

Currently when we login to Azure with an account we cannot create an outlook 365 API connection for a different AD user account/service account. Please make this possible

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Zimbra to Office 365 Converter Tool

I would like to suggest Zimbra to Office 365 Converter to import Zimbra to Office 365 account without any data loss. The tool maintain Zimbra items such as emails, contacts, calendar, notes, tasks, and etc. The tool allows checking the preview of the email. The tool quickly recovers password-protected, corrupted, highly encrypted files without any data loss.

Read More: https://www.kdetools.com/blog/migrate-zimbra-to-office-365-directly.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Support Backend IP Address Dimension for SYN Count on Azure Load Balancer Metrics

Currently, SYN Count, which is a metric describes the volume of TCP SYN packets of Azure Load Balancer, is allowed to configure with dimensions, Direction, Frontend IP Address, and Frontend Port.

However, one might want to know the packet volume per backend VM, for example, to investigate the bias of load balancing.
    Supporting Backend IP Address dimension for SYN Count may useful for this scenario.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The WVD service does not allow you to join an internal domain with a non-standard TLD

The WVD service does not allow you to join an internal domain with a non-standard TLD. There are companies that use the local AD domain with a non-routable name and it is not possible to join the domain via WVD marketplace. Example: If you have an internal domain name br.ad.c2w it does not allow you to join it in the WVD's web deploy interface. Please fix this bug in the WVD deploy interface via the marketplace.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Azure Function need to support multiple B2C authority

I have two set of users in two different AD B2C who access my function Apps. Currently, I can setup only one Azure B2C authentication. It should support multiple OpenID Connect authorities

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base