(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please create Endpoint Service Tags for Azure Services that do not have one (all OMS services)

Firewalls do not deal very effectively with wild cards on FQDN. Also, it is always better to route Azure Services traffic originated on an Azure Subscription directly thru Azure fabric and not dealing with constantly changing IP addresses or long IP ranges to whitelist on teh way out to Internet

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure Alerts - Enable s/mime encryption

Some of the information included in azure alerts may contain sensitive data from log analytics queries. Also some companies security policy requires that all emails are encrypted.
    This is a necessary improvement that reinforces Azure security.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Implement Header (Not)Exists in Application Gateway WAF Policy Custom Rules

Checking for the existence of a header is not implemented for WAF Policy Custom Rules even though it exists for rewrite rules (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/application-gateway/rewrite-http-headers#check-for-the-presence-of-a-header)
    It would make sense to implement the capacity to block incoming requests based on whether a specific header exists (be it standard or custom).

Without that feature, it currently means that:
    * If a request comes in without this specific header it will go right through unchecked
    * If a request comes in with this specific header but with a wrong value, it can be blocked

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Install Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App runtime to App Service

.NET Core 3.1 WindowsDesktop runtime contains some assemblies that is also useful in WebApp, such as System.Xaml. If the runtime is not installed, these assemblies must be included in self-contained deployment. And the SCD is troublesome and has many runtime restrictions.

Additionally, a NETCoreApp depends on WindowsDesktop SDK project generates a .runtimeconfig.json that references WindowsDesktop. Azure App Service can't execute such WebJob.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. linkable support requests

Currently Support Requests (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-portal/supportability/how-to-create-azure-support-request) can not be directly linked to, which makes tracking them in my own internal system and sharing them with my coworkers an difficult and time wasting hassle of copying and pasting just the identifier which they then have to search for themselves in the portal. Communication and information transfer would be much faster with simply a hyperlink pointing to the generated support ticket resource. Nearly every other resource has links which work like this.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Multiple container Instance through Azure portal

We do have only single container instance creation option through azure portal where as some customer are looking for multiple ACI creation through azure portal. May when we can expect this feature

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Priviliged Identity Management within Azure AD B2C

Accounts used by our clients on one of our applications are exclusively situated in an Azure B2C directory, seperate from our primary business Azure AD Domain.

While we can audit and control when service desk users elevate privileges with PIM, we cannot do this when dealing with the B2C directory.

To put it simply, we need a way to administer the B2C directory either through PIM being available to accounts in B2C or to have roles from one directory able to filter down to the B2C directory created within

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Unable to register MFA in AzureGov - FIX it ASAP

When MFA is enabled in Azure Gov, I am unable to login

To use this site, you need to change your browser settings to enable DOM storage or cookies.

Tried all browsers and verified that cookies are enabled.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Improve the language of the landing page for a newly created Web App

The landing page for a newly created web app should specify if there is a missing start up page and that it needs to be set in the configuration.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please make DeviceTrustType attribute available in Dynamic membership rule

Please make sure DeviceTrustType attribute available in Dynamic membership rule
    or JoinType = Hybrid Azure AD Joined

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Azure needs to accept our re-loadable prepaid Visa cards, our customers need Azure products

kindly
    we need to make our visa cards to be accepted by Aure subscription and products
    notes that our card is the first Visa cards in Iraq
    and it is reloadable
    and Azure products meet our customers' needs

let me know if there any farther information you need
    Thanx in advance

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. ability to use powershell to create and update Conditional Access Policies.

Due to the MyApps access panel being part of the "all apps" option, and no way to then exclude it I'm having to build my own CA policies and select all the apps myself, using the terrible search interface that only shows 30 at a time. I can already pull a lit via Get-AzureADApplication so why not allow this to be piped into a CA policy for list of affected applications?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add instructions for configuring Private DNS Zones using Ubuntu in Azure and Windows in Corporate

In order to correctly get Private DNS Zones to work in a mixed (Windows, Linux environment), I had to work with support, and following instructions at https://datawookie.netlify.app/blog/2018/10/dns-on-ubuntu-18.04/ to allow Conditional Forwarding to work. Using the instructions on the page https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/private-link/private-endpoint-dns#on-premises-workloads-using-a-dns-forwarder does not give you enough information (such as needing to ensure the local DNS settings for the linux DNS VM) also point to the Azure Forwarder: 168.63.129.16.

Please add additional instructions to this page to talk about this issue.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I have problems with azure platform application deadline date

I have problems with azure platform application deadline date

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow VM SSO with Azure AD & Bastion Host

I'm not sure why the bastion as a service does not support Azure AD login for VM's which are Azure AD joined.

I would hope to see, VM's which are Azure AD joined, and use Bastion as a Service to simply use SSO to connect to the VM.

When authenticated users go to connect, instead of being prompted for a password, it should simply see which account they are logged into Azure with, and automatically sign them into the VM (provided IAM allows) when they attempt to connect through Bastion.

This would allow much easier authentication (especially when dealing with…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Enable CDN-managed certificates for APEX Domains

Seems like the support was dropped for APEX CDN Managed certificates.
    Please bring it back :)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide PKI/Ceritifcate Authority option in Azure - e.g. integrated in KeyVault

For internal certificate usage it might be benifical to have a lightweight CA in Azure.
    Might be integrated with keyvault.

Having the ability to manage the root ca certificate and create others based on that.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Custom roles to allow access to specific folder within the Storage Account Container

I have a customer who owns a storage account with multiple containers. Each of these containers has multiple folders with files in them. My customer would like to provide his client access to a specific folder within the storage account container. At present, I can assign a Storage Blob Data Reader role which provides read access to all the folders/files within the container. I would like to see whether we can wither have a built-in role or a custom role which provides access to a specific folder within the container.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Provide support for additional RFC2132 DHCP options

It would be really useful if we could have more control over DHCP within Azure, including support for standard DHCP options such as NTP, NIS, domain name and other RFC2132 options. Currently, configuration for these options has to be implemented as a post-install script or configuration manager option. It would simplify things if they could be set for a VNET/subnet and allow the dhcp client to do the work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. support portal infinite loop - does not work - can't re-enable a subscription

when i click 'Portal' it gets me back to the main portal, and then when i go to billing/subscriptions and click the support subscription i need it takes me back here! someone needs to FIX this ASAP - this is incredibly annoying at the precise moment you need to get technical help. unbelievable!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base