(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. key vault is triggered once when the secret/key/certificate is found found near expiry in 30 days currently allow additional triggers

Allow key vault to trigger when a secret/key/certificate is 30 days, 15, 10, 5 and 1 day from expiry or make this customizable

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Datacenter locations (City, State, Country) needed for PCI compliance

PCI compliance (attestation of compliance, part 2c, locations) requires the specification of datacenter in the city, state, country format. Please document this more clearly. Right now the location indexed by search engines points to https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/global-infrastructure/locations/ and it's insufficient

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow Billing Administrators to create spending approval policies

Allow Billing Admin role to create spend policies including limits, quotas, finance department approval, and spend notifications for resource owners. Allowing Accounts Payable and finance departments to control these resources will give a better understanding of spend in cloud and allow for more accurate forecasting for budget purposes.

If this is already possible please let me know how to accomplish without purchasing a third party approval tool. Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Can you remove the 'Receive Promotional Email from Microsoft" option when new guest user is redeeming their invite?

We are migrating our apps from a Forms based extranet to Azure AD and we would like the process to be seamless. We have received a request to hide the Microsoft Promotional email checkbox from the Redemption process when our users accept our Azure AD invitation for users creating a Microsoft account for the first time.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. allow maintenance emails can be targeted to more than simply named Subscription Administrators

To align to Enterprise requirements, I would like to suggest that maintenance emails can be targeted to more than simply named Subscription Administrators. For example, we have change managers and Service delivery managers whom I don't want to give admin / co-admin rights to, but who should be informed of impending downtime for enterprise coordination. This functionality is not there currently.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. pull request completion

It will be useful to have a pull request completion.

Use case:
    I have a design-system that I would like to have a preview when doing my pull-request.
    At the end of the pull-request, this preview will be deleted.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. FIX ROUTING between brazil and uruguay in south brazil azure datacenter

There is a problem with south brazil azure datacenter. It has an error when connects to 'Antel' (Uruguay's ISP) causing and increment of ping of 100ms.
    I don't know exactly what is happening but searching and testing I suppose that is the azure server.
    I ran numerous of ping test to differents servers in brazil and the ping was pretty low (60ms approximately) but with the 'Azure Ping Test 2.0' I can conclude that are azure problems (maybe routing?), anyway I will attach two image files, the first one is the ping test to AWS (Amazon Web Services) and the…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Misleading pricing in azure calculator total price (currency icon bug)

Hi there,

Today i was exploring azure and hit the calculator page for just finding how much this gonna cost me if i buy but when i tried that, i was shocked with pricing, actually price is all fine calculated by software script but all the prices were showing in US Dollars, so if you change currency from dropdown, your price will reflected by the exchange rate or whatever you use to calculate but instead of showing appropriate currency it's only showing price with "US Dollar icon" which should not be that way, i'm counting this as a developer mistake…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Datacenter in mexico with express route

Our company requires a stable connectivity to a datacenter in Mexico with express route because each day we are deploying more critical applications that depend on the connections to the datacenter.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Free SQL DB

Hello Team,

Please make this feature of having Free Version of SQL DB as it was earlier at http://hsblog.azurewebsites.net/?p=791 .

Thanks.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. add a warning quota for products and licenses in the azure ad

we have to purchase licenses as soon as there are all assigned to users. At the moment we have to look regularly in azure to see if there are licenses left.
    it would be a good feature to get a mail notification as soon as there are X licenses left.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow to specify regions for entire set of item

Allow to specify regions for entire set of item

When creating estimation, one should be able to specify region of entire set of item at once. that should be treated as default region when adding new services.
    if required of particular service is not supported then user can always change the region.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Report to show uptime of Resource Group/Resources

Please implement an report or a live tile to the dashboard to show the uptime of resource groups/resources.

This will help to keep track of resources/resource groups that have been active for 'X' amount of time and keep track of costs - This means we can encourage the development team to clear down things if they are only being used for only a small amount of time

We have been able to achieve this using Log Analytics and connecting it to the Azure Activity Log but this is unreliable and gives of various results!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add Additional "service tags" for "all azure" and "Azure Automation" for NSG

Currently several azure services are tagged individually but this means multiple rules just to allow Azure services. A single tag for all services would simplify this. Additionally there is no Tag for Azure Automation.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow deploying VM with certificate from another subscription

When deploying a virtual machine, you can not use a certificate that is stored in another subscription.
    This is an issue as I wish have a single management Key Vault, this key vault stores and updates all the certificates. This will make the overall management easier, and will save having to have duplicate certificates across multiple key vaults if you are using multiple environments.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enhance termination notifications of VMSS

Feature reference docs: https://docs.microsoft.com/zh-tw/azure/virtual-machine-scale-sets/virtual-machine-scale-sets-terminate-notification#endpoint-discovery

Here is a description in termination notifications pages.

Termination notifications only on ‘delete’ operations – All delete operations (manual delete or Autoscale-initiated scale-in) will generate Terminate events if your scale set has scheduledEventsProfile enabled. Other operations such as reboot, reimage, redeploy, and stop/deallocate do not generate Terminate events. Terminate notifications can't be enabled for low-priority VMs.

As far as I know, reboot/redeploy/deallocate operation has already been tracked by metadata URL in Virtual Machine. I'm looking forward to have this feature working in VMSS too! It will help us in error handling.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow for more than a single user (currently only account admin) as the "Billing Administrator"

Currently only the account admin (only -- not even the owner or a global admin) can make changes to billing information in a subscription -- i.e. change payment methods, etc. This can cause issues if the account admin is not currently available or if a requirement exists for separation of duties (especially in larger organizations). Office 365 recognizes this need and provides for a built in role of a Billing Administrator (that you can assign to other(s), other than just the account admin). This needs to happen in Azure as well.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Evaluate Custom Model for Azure Machine Learning

I have created a Custom ML Model in Azure ML Pipeline, it works fine but unable to evaluate the model.

ModuleExceptionMessage:UnableToEvaluateCustomModel: Evaluating scores produced by Custom Model is currently unsupported.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow to mail enable an Azure AD Security group

Allow to mail enable an Azure AD Security group. For example: we have an AAD security group used for GBL. This group has E5 assigned. I want to send an email and all the users within this group to receive it. We discuss here about a big company with houndreds of users which already has a set up in place. We don't want to make any modification on the current configuration but rather to have the possibility to mail enable an AAD security group which will solve all of our problems. Thank you!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 71 72
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base