(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Clearer Error Messages with Cognitive Services

The error messages for Cognitive Services in relation to a customer reaching their quota limit are too vague. They point to the service becoming unavailable but they must open a case to find the root cause. Please add error messages than inform the customer of their quota limit being reached so they may take action on their own to upgrade their pricing tier.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Introduce Over Write option In Azure Copy database Syntax

Azure SQL server not supporting overwrite option while copying the production copy to other environments (if other env having same name)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hide power BI logo during report loading.

Can you please give more detail on how to hide power BI logo during report loading. Seems 2 events mentioned as part of embed API call is existing. Not clear what new feature has been implemented in Power BI to hide logo

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. This is

I both cannot register a free trial account and cancel my credit card information.
    First I tried register a "Azure free trial" but got the return "you are not eligible for an Azure free account"
    After that, I decided to remove my credit card information, then I got a message "We can not remove Visa .... right now"
    What is the problem? I'm really frustrated.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make Azure MFA/SSPR phone enrolment errors more explicit

Users who try to enroll a mobile phone as a security factor in the combined MFA/SSPR experience sometimes get a cryptic message with a correlation ID.
    Asking Microsoft support they confirmed after checking their backend that the call was rejected by the carrier (special numbers used by Microsoft are filtered by some of them).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please update the Azure Open Source website - its at least 50% of VMs in Azure are now Linux - its not 1:4 anymore.

Please update the Azure Open Source website - its at least 50% of VMs in Azure are now Linux - its not 1:4 anymore.

the website is dated - see here: "Scott Guthrie, Microsoft's executive vice president of the cloud and enterprise group, said in an interview, "it's about half now, but it varies on the day because a lot of these workloads are elastic, but sometimes slightly over half of Azure VMs are Linux.""

Source: https://www.zdnet.com/article/linux-now-dominates-azure/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Announce changes to SDK repos

During the development of the azure-search SDK, the development forked repository was frequently updated with the https://github.com/Azure/azure-sdk-for-java repository to be up-to-date. Constant changes in the azure-sdk-for-java structure, requirements and dependencies caused delays in merging that may have been planned better if the changes were published and documented before or even together with the changes in the repository. Examples of changes are folder structure changes, move to junit 5 (jupiter) for unit testing.

Please update documentation for Azure SDK for Java (and others) to include updates that have been made in the repository.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Quoted service paths for VirtualMachine agent "WPAgent.exe"

Our pentest revelaed, that the "WPAgent.exe" installed by the Azure environment to Windows based virtual machines is not using quoted service paths (See: https://medium.com/@SumitVerma101/windows-privilege-escalation-part-1-unquoted-service-path-c7a011a8d8ae)

This should be fixed to provide a higher level of security.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please create Endpoint Service Tags for Azure Services that do not have one (all OMS services)

Firewalls do not deal very effectively with wild cards on FQDN. Also, it is always better to route Azure Services traffic originated on an Azure Subscription directly thru Azure fabric and not dealing with constantly changing IP addresses or long IP ranges to whitelist on teh way out to Internet

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. failed to parse

I'm receive this error when i did trying make deployment mybot
    someone help me?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Slow SHOW FULL TABLES FROM `database` WHERE table_type = 'BASE TABLE';

Hi

I noticed a slow running

Slow SHOW FULL TABLES FROM database WHERE table_type = 'BASE TABLE';

What can it be?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. bug in page to download PhoneGap solution in windows azure

I found bug in windows azure, i dont download my solution in page mobile service -> download my phonegap solution.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. allow virtual network peering with accounts using Microsoft BizSpark program benefits

Currently it's not possible to establish virtual network peering across subscriptions that utilize benefits received through the Microsoft BizSpark program.

The documentation about virtual network peering should be improved:

1) Microsoft BizSpark program benefits can not be used

2) Creating a global admin in one's Azure AD and adding that global admin account to your co-worker's Azure ADs is not enough.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-network/virtual-network-peering-overview

"Peering can be established between virtual networks in two different subscriptions as long a privileged user of both subscriptions authorizes the peering and the subscriptions are associated to the same Active Directory tenant."

Here's a quote from Microsoft…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. New Feature (get azurermvmcost , nested RG)

Powersehll command to fetch cost of VM running and new . So that I can build custom cost calculator for my company .

Nested RG would be a great option .

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Remove default rules from NSGs

At the moment NSGs add default rules that make very difficult to secure our environments. like open all ports for all VNETs. can you remove all default rules and allow us to start at all blocked. it would be a better security practice.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Azure AD B2C keep me signed

Please add "keep me signed" to the Azure portal to easily configure this option for a user sign-in flow in Azure AD B2C.

Currently this is only possible using custom policy xml files. But creating and maintaing these xml files is really hard and difficult.
    Thanks for your understanding.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Separate the developper documentation from the user documentation, to ensure relevant search results (/search)

Separate the developer documentation from the user documentation, to ensure relevant search results in https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/search/documentation

As a user, I don't need to see .Net documentation or REST documentation. I have to scroll through 3, 5, 10 pages of search results, most of which useless to me. I'm just trying to find a how-to page or reference page.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add instructions for configuring Private DNS Zones using Ubuntu in Azure and Windows in Corporate

In order to correctly get Private DNS Zones to work in a mixed (Windows, Linux environment), I had to work with support, and following instructions at https://datawookie.netlify.app/blog/2018/10/dns-on-ubuntu-18.04/ to allow Conditional Forwarding to work. Using the instructions on the page https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/private-link/private-endpoint-dns#on-premises-workloads-using-a-dns-forwarder does not give you enough information (such as needing to ensure the local DNS settings for the linux DNS VM) also point to the Azure Forwarder: 168.63.129.16.

Please add additional instructions to this page to talk about this issue.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Do not delete resource group automatically after deleting all resources in it.

When you mark all resources in RG and delete them - RG automatically also disapearing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base