(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop asking me to provide feedback when I delete an object. It asks whenever I delete an object, but that's not necessary.

Every time I delete an object in Azure, it prompts for feedback. I'm not leaving Azure, I'm just deleting an unused object.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure

Hello I contacted your support Azure France by phone this day. I recreated an azure account via your azure portal. At the time I was invited for a session and I did not need to fill in my own credit card number.

Second point I reported to help you that there was a bug on the free or paid subscription form when entering the phone number the problem is resolved to 80% it remains a problem of posting to the input of a French number, but the verification code arrives well by SMS.

My second concern I have a particular…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Connect my Azure desktop like VMware VDI through VPN

Regards, If I have a VPN from my corporate network to my Azure environment, would I be able to start a virtual desktop directly from the Azure environment? NOT VIA RDP, but like any virtualization software that does today. e.g. VMware VDI.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Thank you for providing many information. If you can, Please add "Transrate" button from English to any other language. It easy to read more

Thank you for providing many information.
    If you can, Please add "Machine Transrate to any other language" button on the Top of web page.
    Bing Transrator help us. It easy to read more document.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow shared paths in Add-AzureCertificate cmdlet.

Add-AzureCertificate Cmdlet, right now does not accept a shared path as path to a certificate file. Please fix this shortcoming.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. sql database backup not cancellable

Once I started a AZURE SQL BACKUP operation by mistake on my production database. I took like a day to complete the operation, affecting my database performance.

Theres is no way to cancel, stop or pause that operation, which is frustrating.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. fix typos on sketch2code

fix 2 typos on https://sketch2code.azurewebsites.net/, steps 3&4 of the workflow (....inside the image is FED into....) (...generated ACCORDING to...)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Change or disable default authentication method based on device

We would like to have a default authentication method based on the device users are using to login to their accounts.

For example, if passwordless sign-in is the default authentication method on accounts, we would like to say if users are accessing from the registered cellphone device where the phone sign-in was enabled on, then ask for a password + MFA and disable failover to passwordless sign-in. That way, if that device is lost or stolen and another person were able to access the device, they will need to have the password for the user's account and won't be able…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bug Report - Built-in Azure Role Exchange administrator does not include Address-List Role - Please Fix this ASAP

Bug Report - Built-in Azure Role Exchange administrator does not include Address-List Role - Please Fix this ASAP

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Azure team is very poor and could not access my account, Please thing that those who are using own laptop for company use what they will do

Azure team is very poor and could not access my account, Please thing that those who are using own laptop for company use what they will do

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Programatic access to SAML Assertions from Azure AD via API

Please add the ability to retrieve SAML assertions from Azure AD via API so that Azure AD can be used as an IdP for programmatic use cases.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Improve Technical Support for Free Azure Subscriptions

Rigth now it is not possible to create a Request service to a Free Azure subscription, Can you change this policy?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. New Feature

option to view HD Insight Quota is not available on portal and through Azure CLI.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Azure ARS Service - provide flat file restore of SYSVOL folder in case of authoritative restore

Azure ARS is unable to replicate a domain controller without virtualization protection mechanisms causing issues with SYSVOL share. Easy fix to toggle BURFLAG and perform authoritative restore, however, an accessible flat file backup of SYSVOL folder would be a valuable thing to have.
    Yes. Best practice would be to have an always replicating domain controller, however, we are talking about DR. There are instances whereby you would want to replicate to dedicated / sandboxed Azure subscription [thus flat file backup of SYSVOL would be valuable from within Azure ARS service portal].

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to add a mnemonic name to randomly named services like DB server names and CDN endpoints

Some services such as SQL Azure assign random names to items, such as "h0udio7h9b" for a DB server name, "az238612" to a CDN Endpoint.

While I understand the need for unique names, when managing a lot of such resources it's both tedious and error prone to not be able to refer to them by a more mnemonic name like "QA database".

Making a distinction between the physical endpoint identifier (gibberish) and the human name (user settable and shouldn't even need to be unique at all) would be very helpful for folks managing large accounts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. O365 user as AAD Global admin can add him self in Azure subscirption as contributor

This possibility is a security hole for big organization : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/role-based-access-control/elevate-access-global-admin
    Is it possible to -at least- let the subscription owner let this AAD global admin to add himself as a contributor ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Microsoft is using old and risky approach for payments

Microsoft Azure is using old and risky approach for payments (Mo-To). Could you arrange using the standard and safety approach NET-payments for payments over internet?
    It should be really easy to change it.
    Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. make Cost Analysis PowerBI app available to customers with an MCA rather than an Enterprise Agreement

The existing PowerBI Cost management App is limited to Enterprise Agreement customers. It would be useful if MCA customers could also use this App rather than having to roll their own

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base