(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Use correct English...

"Retain Backup Till" is slang. The words should be "Retain Backup Until".
    See screenshot

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hi Team

Hi Team,

we created the ARO cluster on 4th Dec 2020 and due to deployment issues will not progress much.. while communicating with Azure service.. we need to get openshift team help/raise ticket with them. while going and raising ticket its asking register with subscription.

while i am using azure services (openshift) it will be good to provide the service and cost along with openshift subscriptions and direct aro suppport.

any communication will be great on this. ramulapalli.balaji@ltts.com

Br
    Balaji R

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow O365 Education admins to whitelist internal IP ranges for MfA

Allow O365 Education admins to whitelist internal IP ranges for MfA.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Issue with Password Validation

When using Azure I notice that if entering a new password for a resource the Password Validation asks for Upper/Lower Case Letter, Number and Symbol with a min length of 8 characters.

I use 1Password to manage the team passwords and tick the boxes for a nice random password with these boxes ticked and it fails as you can see in the image attached as a sample.

It looks like it is only allowing certain symbols but not all, so no £ or @ or ( ) etc so if this is the case the Validator Error message should say…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. make all descriptions mandatory, to enforce good meta-data practice

Most description boxes are optional - the exception that comes to mind is saving ARM templates to Azure. One of the biggest challenges organisations face is poor documentation. Enforcing descriptions would go some way to mitigating that, at least in Azure

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Mount DSVM data disk by default and route Docker images to it

A Linux DSVM currently comes with a small OS disk that is nearly full to begin with, and if the user forgets that Docker images are stored on it, they quickly fill the disk, at which point they have a huge headache to deal with. Also, the 1.5Tb data disk is oddly not mounted at first, which makes it invisible. Why not mount the data disk automatically and make Docker save new images on the data disk (see [here](https://www.guguweb.com/2019/02/07/how-to-move-docker-data-directory-to-another-location-on-ubuntu/))?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Walk through first Azure invoice for new clients to understand billing

It took us 5 months to identify the source of a billing item that we did not expect related to SQL Reserved Instances. A simple walk through of our first invoice with a knowledgeable billing associate would have prevented countless hours of effort from our end AND the Microsoft technical support team.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. XueGao@microsoft.com

Will Application Insights connector re-enable again?
    I found https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/log-query/unify-app-resource-data#next-steps mentioned the Application Insights connector just abandoned, then it can't generate the Application Insights table in Log Analytics worspace.
    After that, it's inconvenient for us to manage and check multiple Application Insights data in one workspace.

Please help verify if this functionality will re-enable.
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Develop a viable alternative for Cloud Services (Classic) in RM

Given the continued popularity of Cloud Services (Classic) and the absence of a viable RM alternative for many use cases, many Dev teams find themselves in a difficult situation, having to underpin brand new solutions with Classic Azure resources. To address this problem, would Microsoft consider bringing Cloud Services into the RM fold, or alternatively consider building a genuine CS equivalent in RM? Often Microsoft tout Service Fabric as the logical progression, but in many use cases (small workloads for example) this is simply not the case.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Azure VM agent to perform configuration of additional IPs added to a NIC (IaaS)?

During training today I have been informed that a NIC can have multiple IPs added, however these have to be manually added also at the OS-level, and the risk here is that human error could cause VM inaccessibility.

As such, could the VM Agent (subject to appropriate network connectivity), perform this configuration instead automatically and add/remove additional IPs as required on Linux/Windows VMs?

Thanks,
    Adam

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Blueprint pricing

To evaluate services and resources that I have in a BluePrint with Pricing Calculator to know the Cost

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Account Center to the Azure Portal.

Currently, we don't see all our subscriptions under the Azure portal. I just found out that we need to open the Account Center to see our Tech Support subscription and to download the invoices. Why all this information not in one place?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. make web app backup workingfor storage behind the firewall

make web app backup workingfor storage behind the firewall

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please provide the better support team for the developers who trying to synchronize there application with office 365.

Please provide the better support team for those developers who trying to synchronize there application with office 365. From last couple of days I am facing a discovery authentication issue but know one to give any better suggestion. I am still stuck. I am trying to synchronize my application with office 365.
    I was posted my problem at few forms but not any proper reply or even a reply.

I am getting error form this line.
    CapabilityDiscoveryResult result = await discovery.DiscoverCapabilityAsync("Calendar");

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Action Groups - List services the are associated with an Action Group

Today you can view an Action Group configuration however there is no method to determine which Azure services are using that Action Group. If an Action Group is deleted, which alerts will be impacted?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Alert Attack from Microsoft

My idea : if ALLOW MICROSOFT SERVICES is set to ON, then Microsoft should not send us attack alerts when IP is owned by Microsoft.
    Customers don't have to study or manage Microsoft Ranges IPs, because THAT ALLOW exists for this reason.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. add command to list deployments for a given slot for cli 2.0

The older version of the azure cli had "azure site deployments list" which provided a list of the commits for the repo linked to source control. It did it (and this is important) by slot. So you could see which deployment was currently active.

I've confirmed through a support request that this command is only available through Get-AzureWebsiteDeployment now. I don't use PowerShell and I don't believe it runs on the mac.

This command is very handy for seeing which deployment is live, for production AND staging slots. After a swap it is especially useful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow Azure credits to be used for ISV's Enterprise clients' Azure account

The Startup program model for USD 120K credits will work better with ISVs who target SME customers.

Large enterprise clients, due to data privacy laws, will prefer hosting the ISV's solution in their own Azure account. To reduce onboarding friction and drive Azure consumption and stickiness, I suggest tweaking the rules of the Startup program's credit usage.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Double registration for Hybrid Azure AD Join and Azure AD Registered

When I Hybrid Azure AD Join a pre-registered device with AzureAD, if the device is Windows 10 1803 or higher, the AzureAD registration is automatically canceled,
    but there are cases where it doesn't work and it results in double registration.
    However, in some cases, it does not work and the double registration is not resolved even after 2 weeks.
    I need to unregister once on the client side to solve the problem,
    but I would like you to improve the problem to prevent double registration on AzureAD.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Azure AD Privileged Identity Management - Admin Role Still Active after Access is Expired

When an admin role is activated using the Azure AD PIM solution and their admin access expired, they are able to perform admin functions in Exchange\SharePoint etc until the sign off of O365. THis even lasts until the next day if the admin does not log off.

This is a security loophole for admin access still existing after it is supposed to be expired.

I received this explanation from a case I opened:

Even if the time frame of an hour or two hours have been expired, then the Azure AD will never have the knowledge that the token has…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base