(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create an Azure Resource Catalog

The concept would be similar to Azure Data Catalog, but for all Azure Resources within a specific boundary [Tenant, Subscription, or Resource Group]. Some data would be autogenerated by metadata, such as creatino date, which user created the resource, the method of creation (portal, external IE powershell, SDK, Azure DevOps, etc.), last updated date, etc.

Additionally, the ability to assign a person or team of responsibility [not related to IAM or authorization], links to documentation, notes, taks lists, establish alert and notifications, and other such features.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Good idea

good idea

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow Tagging of specific backups inside a Recovery Service vault

I am seeking for Microsoft Azure to allow Tagging of specific backups inside a Recovery Services vault. The current ARM design allows Tagging of a backup vault. However, this does not allow for granular backup Tagging Per VM, for internal billing purposes.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Is there any way to rename the deployed resources in Azure?

Is there any way to rename the deployed resources in Azure? As Microsoft support engineer guide me to delete all resources and redeploy it. This is the only one way.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enable reads while azure DW is scaling and don’t throw users out. Redshift does it. Do it too!

Throwing users out while scaling is silly. In the follow the sun economy someone is always querying anyway. Allow reads like AWS RedShift does

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. http status

It should be possible to bypass CDN caching, when app (e.g. ASP NET MVC or .NET Core application) returns redirectresult with http status 301. Otherwise runs the application in an endless redirection loop.

Actually does the Microsoft CDN cache pages with 301 http status. But if the 301 page content is empty and the server is triggering with that call a redirecting, then you have a endless redirect.

Code example see attachment.

Workflow:
    1. User is calling is typing in domain.tld/path?qs=1
    2. CDN is configured to redirect (301) http to https and also non-www to www.domain.tld
    3. The server doesn't…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. On the MFA page in Azure, it would be great to have a view filter that showed only licensed users or a way to exclude guest accounts.

In the MFA page in Azure, I have a client with a major number of guest accounts. I can only filter the view by various types of admin accounts. I am trying to get a count of how many regular licensed users I need to set MFA on but the guest accounts make that very difficult to sort through.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. to update the Windows 2016 server images to june 2018 or later...

Hey guys just provisioning a new Windows 2016 Server VM gets you the Oracle Remediation bug message when trying to connect it with RDP. Also the provisioned OS doesn't do automatic updates... At client side a patch from May 2018 causes the RDP client tointerpret the "undefined" Oracle remediation GPO setting from "vulnerable" to "mitigated" but in the new VM this is still "vulnerable". The RDP in Windows 10 (patch level July 2018) doesn't connect and different from AWS or Xenxerver there isn't a web based console window for fixing things I can't fix because of impossible RDP connection.

I…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Your azure documentation no longer pring in Firefox, Edge, nor Chrome. Only one blank page comes out. It worked yesterday morning!

Printing Azure Documentation Broke! Your azure documentation no longer prints in Firefox, Edge, nor Chrome. Only one blank page comes out. It worked yesterday morning!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. use of azure on the website

I'm trying to learn azure and find out what I can use from azure to my website http://www.think-progress.com
    I want to develop my website.
    For all, please help to give me what I can do with Azure on my website.
    Thanks,

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Issue: customer wants to create a NAT rule for his load balancer to port forward from frontend port 22 and 7999 to 7999.

Issue: customer wants to create a NAT rule for his load balancer to port forward from frontend port 22 and 7999 to 7999.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Consisting P2S authentication on VPN Gateway

Hi Team,

Our business requires consisting P2S authentication(Native and RADIUS) on VPN Gatweay, is there any way we could add the feature on VPN Gateway in the future product release.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. CA policies per Workspace / Site / Group

A feature that would be useful (and the same goes for SPO) is to be able to create conditional access policies per Power BI Workspace (or SharePoint site for example) rather than across the entire Power BI or SPO app.

The reason for this is that we have one set of users who want their Power BI Workspaces IP restricted, but we don’t want to affect all the Workspaces used by other people.

We've had similar requests for SharePoint Online sites, but again we don't want to IP restrict all sites.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. azure linux

185/5000
    Hello
    I have a server, Physical Host with a linux distribution.

Can I install an Azure agent to back up some folders to the cloud?

Azure chest
    it is not a VM,

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The "Start Turtorial" link on iOS Development Center, doesn't.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/develop/mobile/ios/
    On this page, the first and largest button is one that says "Start Tutorial", but it goes to a VERY busy page with no obvious next step to find the iOS tutorial.

This idea is from @GrantMeStrength through https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/feedback/issues/612

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. All My Children Day Care & Nursery Schools Day Care Center

URL:
    https://allmychildrendaycare.com/

Business name:
    All My Children Day Care & Nursery Schools
    Day Care Center
    Jamaica, NY
    Phone:
    (347) 708-7827
    Aderss:
    117-16 Sutphin Blvd, Jamaica, NY 11434
    Description:
    At All My Children we offer a holistic approach to education inspired by nature. We see our role as not only educating the children of today, but as cultivating the leaders of tomorrow. By providing children with a nurturing and responsive environment to discover, learn, grow, and realize their potential, our children are empowered with school and life readiness skills. Drawing upon their sturdy ethical and educational roots, we believe our children…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Actually have people that answer the phones that can solve simple problems that understand English and it do not waste your time

For phone calls seven emails money in my account which could be credited towards my bill and yet no one can pull together. Your representatives do not seem to understand the most basic concepts of billing, bank accounts ACH transfers not to mention they are completely ineffective this is about the seventh hour I spent working on this and I am done when you guys figured out call me because I am sick of calling you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base