(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Your pricing calculator UI is a mess.

I know you are trying but it really is terrible to use. Clicking links either doesn't take you anywhere or bounces you to another page away from the calculator. Simple terminology is not defined anywhere (ex. difference between "Basic" and "Standard" tier?) This really should be simple and easy to use but it is just confusing even for someone who knows what they are doing

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show run time for finished experiment in Azure Machine Learning Studio

In Azure Machine Learning Studio, when an experiment has finished running, why not also display the time taken to run? The running time is displayed while it is running, but then this info is lost when it finishes running.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide a method for updating SPNs in AKS

For AKS if you need to update the SP credentials you need to delete and recreate the cluster.

SPNs expire and sometimes require the credentials to be reset for security reasons. If this occurs (az ad sp reset-credentials) deleting and recreating the cluster is the only option.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. VM HDD Scheduled Backups / Snapshots

As of now we can only take 1 snapshot a day of a VM / HDD. We are looking at scheduled snapshots of unmanaged HDD and also VM multiple times a day.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. "query editor" export

Export results sets from the Azure Portal Query Editor

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Provide pricing calculator based on local HyperV image use

Windows 10 client HyperV enables users to build images and work locally. What would be great is if it collected usage statistics that could be used to assess the cost of migrating a local image to Azure.

You could imagine it accounting for disk sizes, network bandwidth usage for RDP sessions and being able to summarise that per month to give a suggested Azure template for the user.

Currently I use local HyperV extensively; I would love to be able to share these images with others but I have no idea what the starting cost may be; this would give…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Azure Policy - Add Ability to Use Parameters as an Accessor

Please add the ability to use parameters in accessor expression. For example, right now you support "field" and "source". Would be great to be able to compare the value of a parameter to build more versatile policy definitions. This would allow us to pass in parameters (such as a true / false switch) which could then be used with an "allOf" to form a conditional check on something.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow Linux VM to be available while OS or data disc encryption is in progress

The encryption of a Linux VM results in a the host being unavailable for between 2 and 3 hours (for a 30GB OS disc on a VM with 2-4 CPU). A method of encrypting whilst the VM is available is required.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Azure Pay and Go Subscription difficulties

I had a difficulty signing up a new outlook account with pay & go subscription on Azure. It would NOT get past the telephone verification stage.
    Although a little slow in response time, the support engineer on the phone was very helpful. I managed to solve my case after following instructions in an email sent from the support engineer by using Internet explorer.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Virtual Machines licensing FAQ site is missing Azure Hybrid Benefit information

Hello, would it be possible to update https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/licensing-faq/ to represent the Azure Hybrid Benefit?

Especially the matrix under the question "What are the other Microsoft Server workloads that are supported by Azure Virtual Machines today, and what are the licensing models?" needs some updates.

Thanks.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. improve the experience of creating virtual machine

it is not a good experience to create a VM in azure. Microsoft spends tons of money on Azure, but only get this USER UNFRIENDLY web site, it is a shame.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I need a way to store my queue graphic files

I need a way to store my files for the virtual sms queue company https://www.whyq.me/

Looking into some methods for the queue system app

thanks!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow patterns in FileTrigger Bindings

I have recently had a problem where I wanted to monitor multiple directories but the FileTrigger only supports a single directory. Added to this I also needed to change the Queue the job was listeneing to based on our deployment pipeline. Without a pattern in the Binding I had to duplicate code for each different pattern we needed to support. I have created, currently, four methods for each directory we need to monitor. Allowing patterns in the binding would bring this in line with other triggers I have been using.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Alert configuration per subscription

There is a limit on the number of alerts configurable per subscription, which raises a need to increase it for large production subsctiptions.

Would be good to have alert configurable per subscription, instead of per resource group. For example, for virtual machines state change alerts, would be good to have it configured subscription wide rather than per resource group.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Azure Storage Queue APIs for .NET

There is no documentation regarding type of exceptions excepted/to be handled for .NET Storage API Methods like (AddMessage, PeekMessage..etc)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. azure firewall ip groups

currently azure firewall supports up to 100 ip groups per firewall. it's a hard limit and cannot changeable right now. it would be great if we have a plan/roadmap to make it changeable in future.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please Allow the Removal of Old Bitlocker Keys from Azure AD

According to the Microsoft Rep I spoke to, the only way to remove stale bitlocker recovery keys from devices within AzureAD is to remove the device itself.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Geo DR EventHub java api

We want to create DR scenario for the EventHub and are there any available java APIs?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base