Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, reach out to us on Microsoft Q&A or try StackOverflow

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please help,Copying large files to speed is too low.

To the same disk copying large files to speed is too low, only 10M/S-20M/S.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. why can't I delete the active directory

I deleted all items in the account but am left with the one active directory that will not delete. I'm trying to clean it up, so that I can rebuild but it will not allow me to delete the active directory "test".

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Provide alerts for completion of scale operations

Provide alerts for completion of scale operations

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Improve login when having pro and personnal azure account

Not an idea, just a bug. I have a pro and a personnal account. When I switch from one to the other, 9 times out of ten, I enter a a page telling me that I did not subscribe any services.

This occurs since I subscribe the second (pro) account.

This is really anoying, and I could not tell what I do to make it work the 1/10 when it works....

Quite scary when it comes to store the Entreprise backoffice

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Proofread "General Feedback" page

Especially this sentence: "Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer."

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add the column name in the error in the Operational Logs for stream analytics jobs

Right now errors in the operational logs for stream analytics will tell you, for example, that there was an error converting type Sys.Int32 to System.Double. However it does not tell you which column the error occurred on. Please add this, otherwise it becomes a long task of trial and error to figure out which column exactly.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. IO

I suggest improving IO performance, for example I use a D1 virtual machine and just logging in to a clean windows 7 takes several minutes, any IO operation takes forever, I tried giving it more power with a D2 virtual machine - but there was no visible difference ... the IO performance is horrendous, we tried to use it internally in our company for testing purposes but it is way faster to spin up a virtual machine than to log in via RDP

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The website 'http://azure.microsoft.com/search/' needs to add the ability to search the Updates blog 'http://azure.microsoft.com/updates'.

The website 'http://azure.microsoft.com/search/' needs to add the ability to search the Updates blog 'http://azure.microsoft.com/updates'.
    We want to lean on the ACom Updates blog more heavily, as a solution to a documentation problem. But it is important that the Updates blog be made more search-able first.
    The Updates blog webpage has filters, but lacks a standard free-form string search box. Ideally such a box would be added.
    But a possible solution would be to enhance the Search webpage to make it capable of search the Updates blog (filtering out the entire rest of the WWWeb…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Don't use US specific date formats in the Event Viewer

To me, and anyone not living in the US, "12/3/2015" reads like 12th of March 2015. Luckily, I know that it is supposed to mean 3rd of December 2015. Can't you please standardize on ISO8601 across the board instead of this peculiar non-international format? That is what you do everywhere else.

And please get rid of the AM/PM **** as well. Annoying to anyone living outside North America.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hive odbc driver pre-installed on cloud services

The current Hive odbc driver pre-installed on azure cloud services is x32 whereas the iis sites are by default x64. This means that to use the odbc driver to connect to hive on azure cloud services, one needs to install the correct driver version (x64) via a startup task.
    This is more of a bug report than a feature suggestion, but that's what I've been asked to do (https://twitter.com/AzureSupport/status/677071404882370560)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enable use of Sign In Page User Name Label on Azure sign in page

The Sign In Page User Name is a field which we can edit but its not currently used on the sign in page. can we please get this feature enabled.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a link to firewall settings from database level

It would be quite helpful to have a shortcut link to the databse's server firewall settings directly from the databse level

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Is very Importan Reporting services like a services because you are the owner

Is very Importan Reporting services like a services because you are the owner.

I think is very back choise for microsfot, have the better service like Azure with out your best Reporting opcion, Reporting Services like a Service must be continue.
    I think it's a blow to developers and customers that Microsoft made a decision to remove a service without making a notification in advance to prepare for contingencies.

For example now I have decided to use for my best service in the cloud, can not use Crystal Report for safety to maintain the service and LocalReports this with Visual…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Have new Support Tickets tell me what I submitted

When I submit a support ticket, send me an email that includes all of the text that I included when submitting it. Also include all of the files.

If a ticket take a while to resolve, or I have multiple tickets, I don't remember what the original ticket was for or what I sent.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. help link on all Azure Services

I would All a Help Link in any Azure Resource Create , Screen that user can click to get help on that resource parameters on Additional Infomation

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve notification of PaaS Updates

I would like to know if Microsoft has plans to improve the system of PaaS updates. Currently it allows 5 minutes prior to a forced shutdown and this happens once or twice a month. Our issue is that some of our customer transactions take longer than 5 minutes so those will have a chance to result in end user timeouts and an error for our clients. This leads to bad customer experience. So we would like Microsoft to work on a way to provide a solution to this.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Security Groups for Server Roles

It would be good to be able to apply Network Security Groups to a group of servers. In this way we can group servers with the same roles and apply a consistent security policy to them and not have to worry about carving up a network.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. open up a new Microsoft Azure Support office for Indochina region covering Yunnan, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand and Cambodia.

I am quite excited how Microsoft Azure could possibly impact the software landscape in this particular region. With its reasonable and affordable price offerings that could cater the smallest to the largest organization in the world, top of the line IT technologies are now within the reach in this geographic region.

As I have been using Microsoft technologies since 1990 such as Windows, Office, Visual Studio, Windows Servers and .Net, I am looking forward in seeing these technologies empower the economies of the countries in this region.

Being both a long-time Microsoft developer and business owner myself, having a Microsoft…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Receive slack message when file added to Google drive (folder) via MS flow

Using flow.microsoft.com it would be nice to create a flow where a slack message is sent when a file is added to a folder on Google Drive.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base