(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add default forwarders to DNS in Azure AD Domain Services

With our newly deployed Azure AD Domain Services, our DNS resolution was very poor. When looking around in DNS, I noticed there were no forwarders by default. After adding those our performance issues were resolved. It would be nice if there were some forwarders added by default so users don't need to worry about adding them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. use higher contrast colors to make the text more accessible to read. I have a low vision condition and I am struggling to read the text.

MSDN documentation is a critical resource for developers both within and outside Microsoft and it is very important to make it accessible to folks with low-vision such as myself. Right now, I see that the Azure SDK documentation uses grey and light blue text fonts on a white background and I am struggling to read the text, which severely affects my productivity as a developer. Please consider choosing colors that provide a greater contrast. These pages don't need to look pretty. They need to be easily readable by a diverse set of developers.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Check all Slot Setting in App Services

Our Apps have a couple hundred app settings each, and we generally like to have Slot Setting checked on all of them. Besides the pain of checking each box, it would add piece of mind to know that none are missed by adding a "Select All" for slot setting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. ASR with vCenter 8.3.0 feature

We update ASR with vCenter from 8.2 to 8.3 then found the username and password format was changed from domain\username to username@domain
    We found the same issue on forum https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/36ce86df-3974-4562-80bc-62e06aef8cfd/cant-add-vcenter-server?forum=hypervrecovmgr
    Is it any specific date to fix the issue?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. post the date of the submission in the feedback window in azure for ideas that the tool returns from a search

don't torture the user and force them to click on the post to expand to a new window to see the date of the post - so many of these feedback ideas are old and have long since been addressed.

to that effect, allow for a filter of these results.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Budowa wyspy Bitcoin ,, wdrażanie projektu" I nowa siedziba zarzadu banku i skarbca federalnego.

Wraz z budawa wyspy na oceanie Azjatyckim jako siedziba firmy i banku centralnego Bitcoin a także formy panstwa i nowego miejsca i globalnej mapie...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. acs resize

Would be nice to be able to resize Azure Container Service (ACS) nodes post deploy. This would provide scale up option & also increase VHD per node maximum.
    Partial workaround: create a new agent profile with the new size, move the pods to the new pool; Limitation: persistent storage is still on the old node

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Azure Policy - Initiative Compliance View Bug

Policy Blade -> Compliance -> Initiative [click name of initiative] -> Initiative Compliance view

Doesn’t show the description of the initiative or the initiative’s assignment

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. DocumentDB overview page view by database not collection

The overview page used to be much easier to manage. The recent update has replaced the overview list of databases with a list of all collections.

We have a number of databases with the same collections in all (different environments). The list is much harder to find which collection in what database we are looking for.

Also a lot harder to get to query explorer. This has ruined the user experience.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Provide clear easy-to-follow instructions for configuring Bitlocker on Azure Windows instances.

Provide clear easy-to-follow instructions for configuring Bitlocker on Azure Windows instances.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. HDInsight is deceptive in charging on Pay-As-You-Go plan

Pay-As-You-Go is not applicable for HDInsight Cluster. Wonder what other service falls under this deceptive practice. Whether this is a deceptive practice is up for debate.

On Pay-As-You-Go plan, you get charged only when you use the service. And "use" refer to having an instance in "Running" status.
    Not so on HDInsight. The minute that HDInsight is created, it's always running, and thus billing charge begin to accrued immediately. There's no stopping of HDInsight. There's not even an indication that HDInsight is running from the Dashboard. A month later, the bill show up and 90%(thousands $$) of the amount is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. CloudQueue.DeleteMessageAsync: Return bool for deleted or not

CloudQueue.DeleteMessageAsync: Return bool for deleted or not

Today the signature is public Task DeleteMessageAsync
    a public Task<bool> DeleteMessageAsync
    where the return is true for deletedOk, false for not deleted, like for instance List<T>.Remove would be good.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Integrated Notebook Experience Between Azure Databricks, Azure Notebooks (as a Service) & DSVM Jupyter Notebooks

Unified notebook system for ML projects between Azure Databricks notebooks, Azure Notebooks ('Jupyer' as a Service), DSVM Jupyter Notebooks et al.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Azure VM pricing

Azure pricing calculator is showing correct (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/calculator/)
    or Azure Virtual Machine correct (http://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/pricing/details/virtual-machines/)

Are you need to fix the calculations.

If someone help me out here that's much great help for me.

Regards
    Viv

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. fix broken link on compliance page

on page https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/TrustCenter/Compliance/CCSL

section: Letters of compliance and certification
    link to the certification letter is broken (aka.ms/azure-ASD-certification)

why is this important: it is important to know exactly which services have been IRAP certified for planning & design.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Have copy to clipboard icon next to URL in Function App overview page

Azure Function App - Overview page.

Having a "copy to clipboard" icon next to values such as URL would be helpful. Other resources have that feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When you make a selection of two choices, it should be easier to determine which selection has been chosen

When you make a selection of two choices, it should be easier to determine which selection has been chosen. In other words, if you don't know which selection you clicked, it should be more obvious than shading that selection. Maybe add an underline or button to show what was selected, rather than background color.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Provide better error messages on powershell cmdlets

A better description while on a azure powershell cmdlet execution could help.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Fix the SQL Database calculator (full calculator)

It doesn't relate to the SQL Database pricing page at all. It quotes instance size A0-A9 where as the SQL pricing page talks about S0, S1, S2. I think the calculator is broken.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Feedback and Knowledge Base