(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow switching back from invoice to credit card as payment method

It is impossible, according to support to switch to credit card as payment method, once you have chosen to pay via invoice. The only option is to create a new account and move all services over. This is not feasible.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sort Virtual Machines in DevTest Labs by Name

In DevTest Labs, when viewing VMs, you cannot sort by the name and they are NOT in alphabetical order so it is a pain to scroll through the list.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add the ability in Azure App Gateway WAF to enable/disable OWASP rules per Listener

With the WAF v2 tier of the Azure Application Gateway, we have the ability to enable/disable individual OWASP rules. However, this applies across the entire App Gateway. It would be beneficial to be able to enable/disable these rules per Listener on the gateway.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Support 'Approved Client Apps' condition for CA on MacOS devices.

Support 'Approved Client Apps' condition for CA on MacOS devices.

Since MacOS Mail app has started ot support modern Auth in MacOS 10.14 (Mojave) it is no longer possible to block that app from accessing exchange online without also blocking Outlook on the platform too.

The ask is to be able to block the Mac Mail client app on Mojave but NOT Outlook and the obvious resolution is to extend support for the 'Approved Client App' condition that currently only supports iOS and Android, though another resolution would be equally welcome if the outcome is the same.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. While creating DB server, "This location is not available for subscriptions"

I've tried to create Azure SQL database server but, while I'm setting the detail of server for location, it keep saying that "This location is NOT available for subscriptions". I tried every location, but NONE of them worked. How should I fix this issue?
    FYI, My subscription is only Azure for Students and I don't have any databse server on my account. I am a brand new user.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow administrators to control the release of new/preview apps. They should not automatically be available to users due to DLP concerns

As an organisation, we currently have concerns over the way new apps are released into our environment.
    New apps or preview apps are automatically published in our tenant and available to users. This poses a risk to the organisation over data leakage.

I would like to be given the ability as an administrator to release apps for use in the tenant once we have conducted a security review and implemented application protection policies accordingly.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add ability to reach non-RFC 1918 ip addresses for App Services with VNet integration on the internet and private network at the same time

There was a limitation with App Services that you could not reach non-RFC 1918 addresses with a VNet integrated.

This was solved in the following release:

https://azure.github.io/AppService/2020/02/27/General-Availability-of-VNet-Integration-with-Windows-Web-Apps.html

Now, you can add an application setting in the App Service WEBSITEVNETROUTE_ALL==1 that forces all your traffic to be routed through your Virtual Network and allows you to reach non-RFC 1918 IP addresses in your private network, but you can not access non-RFC 1918 IP addresses outside of your private network at the same time this value is configured

I Expect: When you have an App Service integrated in a vnet,…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add ability to virus scan a stream

Azure must offer the ability to virus scan a stream. Not a file. Due to corporate security requirements, files cannot be saved without being encrypted.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please foresee export and import capabilities for the Azure pricing calculator

Azure price calculation is crucial in planning and estimating projects. But it's also very important to be able to export pricing calculation, so that we can adjust it later on (when architecture / sizing changes).
    Please foresee something like that.

(BTW: I really like the price calculator usability now !)

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add find a dc on east Europe/west Asia

People that live on west Asia or east Europe don't have enough close DC's to connect to.
    Please add one on that places.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Custom Vision AI - Get the Images IDs that are not trained

In Custom Vision API, at this time it's not possible to query just for the images that haven't been used in training.

This feature would be nice because sometimes if we upload some images and our metrics (precision and recall) for a new iteration are lower then the previous iteration we can delete the iteration and those images ids... but what if there are any deletion errors? We can't retrain a new iteration with those 'wrong' images.

Getting the ids for images that are not trained would be really helpful.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Release known bug information and its ETA.

We encounter some trouble, we need to troubleshoot for the issue and it is time consuming.
    If MS releases known bug information, we don't need to troubleshoot for it.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Support multiples SAML multi-valued attributes

Hope I'm not wrong, but today it's not possible to configure multiples multi-valued SAML token claims, except for the user.assignedroles which can be nicely configured through the manifest file.

What I would like to have is the possibility to make multiples multi-valued claims like in the capture.
    Which is actually not possible.

What can be improved is the ability of the "Claim conditions" panel to append an AttributeValue.
    Today it's only possible to hardcode a single value, like if the user is a member of the premium group, set "premium", but not to append a value.

Another way to do…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. "Azure Services by Region" Chart needs to be printer-friendly

"Azure Services by Region" is a useful chart (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/regions/#services) and I'd like to print it out and pin it on my wall for reference.

Unfortunately, it is NOT printer-friendly on IE/Edge or Chrome browser. Please fix ASAP!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Guy Burstein responded

Thanks for the feedback. We’ll use it in our next planning cycle around this page.

15. Issues with pricing with Azure portal and Rate Card API

We can see that there are issues with pricing with Azure portal and Rate Card API and we have following things to be worked on:

1. When is MS Azure planning to release (GA) Rate Card APIs?

2. Why is there a difference between Portal pricing and Rate Card pricing? The concern here is that Azure portal shows the price for all the services/regions whereas, for some services/regions we don't see price details in Rate Card API - For example - For Redis cache, pricing is shown for all the regions in the portal but with Azure APIs, it does not show…
    9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add support for OpenSSL tooling in Azure KeyVault to Convert certificates

As a KeyVault user you are limited to pem and pfx certificates. This means that you have to struggle with OpenSSL commands if your certificate is in another format like p12.

If KeyVault had simple support to convert certificates using OpenSSL beheind the scenes, it would save a lot of time and struggle to convert certificates as you don't do this very often.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add more than one Billing Administrator for Azure Accounts

As a student using Azure for classes, I have to create a new account every time I am given an Azure pass subscription.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add option to whitelist more than 5 IP addresses or add a subnet when using NFS shares on the Azure Data Box

Currently the Azure Data Box can only allow 5 IP addresses to connect to NFS shares on the Data Box. Backup cluster devices larger than 5 nodes cannot write to the Azure Data Box. If the Azure data box could allow more IP's to whitelist or to whitelist a subnet, backups or archive jobs would complete successfully. This is highly desired and a big limitation of our use case with Cohesity backup appliance.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Don't lock accounts into a region until they actually enter valid billing information

For some reason my account is locked to Canada. I'm a US citizen and can happily prove it. I literally CANNOT add billing information because I DO NOT HAVE a Canadian credit card with a Canadian zip code (the billing info is locked to Canada provinces and zip codes). I contacted support and they said this can't be changed. I haven't subscribed to anything yet nor have I ever been billed for anything. Further, on the Microsoft side of things my account is a US account with US address, etc. Why in the world is my account even allowed to…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sign-In Risk Policy > MFA > Add an Exclude App and a way to mark and IP safe for unfamiliar locations

We are having issues with our Sign-In Risk Policy set to Low to action MFA. If our location switches egressing IP addresses, the entire location and users within that location are hit with a low risk for unfamiliar location.

We do not have the ability to mark an IP safe within this policy, or to exclude a specific app from this policy. Can we have a feature request to add an app exclusion within the Sign-In Risk Policy and the ability to add IP addresses within the unfamiliar locations to be marked as safe to stop MFA triggering on our…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base