(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow to put email in X509 SAN when creating a certificate in KeyVault

When creating a certificate in KeyVault, it's currently possible to put only DNS names into SAN. It's quite limiting and we would like to ask to support other values such as email addresses.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the subscription ID to the invoice in order to better manage the billing for each of your departments

Could you please add the Subscription ID to our Azure Invoice? We have many different departments utilizing your great platform. We have one Azure tenant, but many different subscriptions for different departments. When we get the invoice, it's very hard to sort out the charge backs for each department in our billing system. Right now, we know we can do it with tags, but it'd be so much more streamlined if you could include one more field with the subscription ID

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Azure AD B2C Password History

Password history maintenance is one of the basic requirement for LDAP user management. Since this feature is missing within B2C, it is creating Non compliancy in audit on how users password are stored and managed within Azure AB B2C. Please treat this as an enhancement request so that this feature is available within Admin GUI and following parameters can be set.

• Systems should prevent end users from reusing an old password when their password expires.
    • 13 previous passwords should be remembered and blocked from being used.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Administrativ Units

Administrative units can already be used to manage a tenant with several companies. Unfortunately, various features such as create user cannot yet be used.
    This would be very helpful for the administration and also for the authorization, who can authorize individual users to individual AU as an administrator.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add capability to bridge the networking for nested VMs under Hyper-V

Currently it is possible to use Nested VMs under Hyper-v. However, these VMs can only reach the outside network by being NATed through the hosts network. They are invisible from outside of the host. I would like for my nested VM to appear on the VNET so that they can be managed and reachable like the host networking.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Increase visibility on 32 character name limit for functions

The 32 character name truncation can cause collision issues on a storage account. This limit should be defined early and expressly in the documentation, as well as should give verbose warnings why creating a function name longer than 32 characters in the portal.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Show pricing warnings for expensive plans

I accidentally enabled the DDOS protection plan, now I have accumulated over 600 EUR just for a few days until I recognized that the costs went beyond any limit in the development account.

There is no warning or anything. Although I checked the pricing page, I just recognized the pricing per GB in the table, not the small printed base price of 2484 EUR p.m.

There should be a warning message for expensive plans and the possibility for large clients to disable the warnings. I'm very disappointed that such a thing could happen at all.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Enable option to force token refresh for System Managed Identities

When we enable managed identity on an Azure resource (say function app), Azure Instance Metadata service is responsible for acquiring token corresponding to this identity. This mechanism caches token for 8 hours by default and there is no way to override this caching mechanism. This is a serious problem in the below scenario:

Imagine Managed identity is enabled on a function app. Say we have a security group which is being used to grant access to another resource (eg. Sql DB). There are two issues here -

1. When we want to give this function app access to SQL DB -…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow Multi-AZ Virtual Machine Scale Sets (VMSS) with Public IP Prefix

VMSS support assignment of public IP prefixes ONLY when the VMSS is not multi-az or zone specific.

This limitation is strange as public IP prefixes allow zone specification.

Attempting to assign a public IP prefix (zone or non-zone specific) to a multi-az or zone specific VMSS results in the error “CannotSpecifyBothTagsAndPublicIpPrefixForPublicIpAddress”. This error is not practical trying to understand what the underlying issue is.

The current documentation explicitly mentions that Public IP Prefixes work with VMSS as long as they are in the same region, however does not indicate the above limitation.

Strangely, zone specific Public IP prefixes work with…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Managed Identities for App Service to App Service communication

Is it possible to use managed identities to grant access to communication between two app services?
    Similar to how we get access to key vaults.
    E.g. todo service needs access to email service. Using arm templates or azure portal, todo service has been given access to the email service using it's managed identity. Todo service sends a token generated using the managed identity with it's requests to the email service which validates the token and grants access.

https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/issues/54561

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Use a managed identity to pull an image from Azure Container Registry when creating a container group.

use a managed identity to pull an image from Azure Container Registry when creating a container group

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would love to be able to use the cost analysis tool with my sponsored subscription

We have a Microsoft sponsored subscription. As we test out and deploy our production workloads to Azure we would like to understand our cost basis even during the sponsorship so that we can budget for when the sponsorship ends. At the moment the cost analysis tool is not available for sponsored subscriptions. And the sponsorship portal does not the same level of detail and capability that the cost analysis tool provides.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Have Intune remove devices from AAD and delete it's attributes.

When removing a device from Intune, have it delete the device from AAD and have it remove its attributes linked to intune.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. allow the changing and addition of an account administrator in Azure in Open

We cannot change the Administrator of an Azure in Open subscription or even rename the account to a customer friendly one.
    Being able to have only one Administrator of a subscription and then not being able to change that person(even through support!) is absolutely crazy - what if those credentials are lost/the person leaves and you need to urgently access the account?

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow for more than a single user (currently only account admin) as the "Billing Administrator"

Currently only the account admin (only -- not even the owner or a global admin) can make changes to billing information in a subscription -- i.e. change payment methods, etc. This can cause issues if the account admin is not currently available or if a requirement exists for separation of duties (especially in larger organizations). Office 365 recognizes this need and provides for a built in role of a Billing Administrator (that you can assign to other(s), other than just the account admin). This needs to happen in Azure as well.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Internal API management service does not show in Vnet list of connected devices.

I have 4 subscriptions and in each I have API management service configured. When you activate it as an internal APIM, it requires you to place it into an empty subnet. I create /29 subnets for them and in the APIM overview it shows it has consumed an IP from that subnet. Also, when you look at the virtual network tab of the APIM, it shows it is in that subnet.
    The problem is, if you now go to the Virtual networks portal page, and list connected devices, the APIM does NOT show in the list. Also, when you go…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. consent grants can be scoped to those who are owners of the requested permission

I'd like the possibility to scope the consent grants to those who are owner of an app registration of which a permission has been requested.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Easier Bug Reporting

as it stands, I can only report bugs to you guys via a support ticket and only if I have a support plan.

Lol. Don't make me laugh. I'm not paying you to report the things that are broken with YOUR service.

One of the options under support ticket needs to be "bug report" and it needs to be freely available to all users.

BUG: Schedulers error retry policy applies the recurrence policy logic meaning free schedulers can't be changed from the 4/30 sec to something like 4/2 min (also, the default is different than the documentation says it should…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make Price calculator Touch / Ipad compatible

Wanted to get a pricing estimate from my iPad and could not

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. enable to add resource group to SQL Long term Retention instance

I have noticed that SQL Long term Retention service doesn't show resource group in usage reports. The Instance ID doesn't have a "resourcegroup/****" section, hence the resource group column is blank.

It would be helpful to be able to group this instance with a resource group as well.

Could you set up an option to specify a resource group when we configure SQL Long term Retention instance?
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-sql/database/long-term-backup-retention-configure

Or, at least make it taggable?

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base