(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. enable to add resource group to SQL Long term Retention instance

I have noticed that SQL Long term Retention service doesn't show resource group in usage reports. The Instance ID doesn't have a "resourcegroup/****" section, hence the resource group column is blank.

It would be helpful to be able to group this instance with a resource group as well.

Could you set up an option to specify a resource group when we configure SQL Long term Retention instance?
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-sql/database/long-term-backup-retention-configure

Or, at least make it taggable?

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Application Gateway routing based on cookie value

We need to route traffic based on cookie value in Application Gateway.

Currently we have an F5 doing the following:

When cookie is absent or value is ABLB=1 send it to A/B test node. When value ABLB=0 send it to webapp.

This functionality is really required to adopt Azure Gateway.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Increase AppGW http/v2 header size limitation

We are currently hitting the AppGW http/v2 (POST) header size when using CORS with attached bearer token. Our basic request is already 3 KB and when adding the bearer token, we are no more possible to send/receive the requests as the header currently grows up to 9KB. This is slightly more than the allowed 4 KB.

We would really appreciate to allow a bigger header size so that we can still work with our OAUTH2 authentication for CORS.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add Azure AD local devices administrators to pre-existing joined devices

As per:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/devices/assign-local-admin

It is not possible to add a new user to the local device adminstrators group on pre-registed Azure AD joined devices without having to disconnect and re-join.

It would make management of larger organisations much easier if this permission/role could be pushed automatically to pre-existing Azure AD joined devices.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Static Common Label for all Azure Managed AKS Components.

Kubernetes Network Policies work with Namespace match labels and pod labels. In AKS for deployed pods it is required to block all inter k8s service/pod communication except for DNS service and internet. This can easily be achieved through netpols. But in AKS specially the Namespace labels change from one AKS version upgrade to another (not static). This leads to existing netpols not working after a cluster upgrade.

Simply introducing a static label (eg:- managed-by: aks) which would not be changed during AKS upgrades can fix this issue.

This feature request is intented to have a common static label for all…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add the ability to enable and configure access-based enumeration (ABE) for Azure Files Shares

Add the ability to enable and configure access-based enumeration (ABE) for Azure Files Shares

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. More Flexibility For Custom Domain Names On Static Web Apps

Currently, static web apps custom domain support is very limited and the verification process makes it difficult and unclear on how to validate a custom subdomain outside of the standard www. Static apps should support the same domain/dns options that standard web apps have.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Support to configure manually of Mitigation policies in Azure DDoS Protection

Support to configure manually of Mitigation policies in Azure DDoS Protection

The threshold of Mitigation policies is only tuned by Azure automatically now.

[Azure DDoS Protection Standard overview]
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-network/ddos-protection-overview

(Mitigation policies)
    DDoS Protection Basic: Tuned for Azure traffic region volume
    DDoS Protection Standard: Tuned for application traffic volume

I hope I'm also able to configure the threshold manually.

For example,
    100 TCP SYN/second
    100 UDP packets/second
    100 ICMP packets/second

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Provide spot pricing option

Spot pricing provides great cost benefits. I have been able to save a lot on Amazon with their spot pricing. I would love this feature on Azure as a competitive market place.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Don't lock accounts into a region until they actually enter valid billing information

For some reason my account is locked to Canada. I'm a US citizen and can happily prove it. I literally CANNOT add billing information because I DO NOT HAVE a Canadian credit card with a Canadian zip code (the billing info is locked to Canada provinces and zip codes). I contacted support and they said this can't be changed. I haven't subscribed to anything yet nor have I ever been billed for anything. Further, on the Microsoft side of things my account is a US account with US address, etc. Why in the world is my account even allowed to…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. passwordless

The "Enable Phone Sign-in" function within Microsoft Authenticator app for passwordless authentication requires user to sign in with ID/password. My suggestion is to add the "Sign in from another device" feature to the Microsoft Authentication app - this feature can be found today in the Company Portal app. For Smartcard sign in only users, nobody know their passwords and cannot complete the passwordless "Enable Phone Sign-in" process.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow customers to remove enterprise apps from their tenant so they can delete the tenant themselves.

Right now, if you have certain enterprise apps added to your tenant in azure, you will not be able to delete them from the tenant so you can delete the tenant itself. It requires a convoluted process through the product group to get them deleted. We would like to be able to clean up our own test tenants and delete them at our leisure without having to go through this long drawn out process.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make Azure available in Marshall Islands

Please make Azure available in Marshall Islands. Many IT Pros in the country are interested and would like to use Azure in various aspects. It would be great to use the cloud services and solutions find in Azure. Please make Azure available in Marshall Islands.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. resource health

Currently it is possible to check the historic availability events from the Resource Health menu, but it would be helpful if you could subscribe to or get an alert for the events here.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add the ability to modify the User risk levels for different sign in scenarios in Azure AD Identity Protection

Currently risk events such as unfamiliar location are classified as medium and impossible travel is also classified as medium. it would be great if we were able to modify risk scenarios so that we could move what we deem as a higher risk into a high risk or lower the risk of something that we deem as lower risk. A scenario for why you would want this would be if you have users that travel and are not always coming in from the same location but are legitimate traffic. This would be a low risk scenario where as if a…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow switching back from invoice to credit card as payment method

It is impossible, according to support to switch to credit card as payment method, once you have chosen to pay via invoice. The only option is to create a new account and move all services over. This is not feasible.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. PIM warning before role activation expires

It would be nice to get warning in office or azure portals if your PIM activation is about to expire. That way you can still save work in progress or maybe (new option) extend the role activation?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would love to be able to use the cost analysis tool with my sponsored subscription

We have a Microsoft sponsored subscription. As we test out and deploy our production workloads to Azure we would like to understand our cost basis even during the sponsorship so that we can budget for when the sponsorship ends. At the moment the cost analysis tool is not available for sponsored subscriptions. And the sponsorship portal does not the same level of detail and capability that the cost analysis tool provides.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Azure Status Resolved Update

At the moment, the RSS feed doesn't post a "Resolved" message so when we receive information about an issue or an outage, it's effectively permanent as we never get an update about its resolution.
    If the RSS feed posted a "Resolved" message about the issue or outage it posted earlier, Systems and managers could respond to this update with internal/external comms.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base