(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. RocksDB cloud for Azure

How about developing RocksDB-cloud for Azure (https://github.com/rockset/rocksdb-cloud) in order to give more choices on the data platform

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide Anonymous RateCard API

Provide a way to call the RateCard API without credentials. This would provide pricing similar to what is provided to anonymous users via https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/calculator/ .

Primarily this would be useful for users interested in writing setup-free scripts to pull pricing, or who wanted to provide such scripts to non-technical users without provisioning authentication tokens for those users. Admittedly this is useless to users with any sort of private pricing.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add creation time and last launch time for a VM (API and Portal)

Add details of creation time and last launch time of a virtual machine via the API and in the Portal

This data is very useful for multiple use cases

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enhance your password policy options in Azure B2C

The password policy options need to be enhanced. Specifically, we need to be able to prevent user from re-using one of his recent passwords. This feature is REQUIRED by financial and credit institutions we deal with.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support for rate limiting for user provisioning from Azure (SCIM)

Azure currently does not support rate limiting when using SCIM to provision the users to target applications.

429 status codes are counted as errors and retry-after headers are simply ignored. When dealing with a single service that receives all these requests from different Azure applications all trying to provision their user base, the load quickly becomes too much. There needs to be a way to control how these requests are dealt with and let Azure know that it should stop sending requests the server can't process.

If we have a 100 customers all using Azure to provision their users to…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. to provide all regions for free trial subscription.

I signup to azure to test and host my server at australia region but I was shocked to see that region isn't available at all. When contacted to billing support team, they had asked me to upgrade to pay-as-you-go plan. so that they can work on enabling Australia region for me.

However, It takes bad impression for customer like me, Where I have to wait for hours to get vm running.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. We need to have the feature AllowGateway transit and use remote gateway option for 2 peered Vnet in 2 different regions

As I can see AllowGatewayTransit and UseRemoteGateways options are currently not supported when both peered virtual networks are in different region

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. make reservations available in South Africa

Make reservations available in South Africa on a Pay as you Go subscription.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Virtual Machines -> Disks tab -> Encryption to include managed Disks' Server-side encryption using customer-managed keys in Azure Key Vault

When we encrypt Azure managed disks with customer-managed keys in Azure Key Vault [1], we can see the disk with "EncryptionAtRestWithCustomerKey" in "Export template" of the Disk.
    However, when we see the same disk in the Virtual Machine, it says "Encryption: Not enabled". Because this encryption status is for Azure Disk Encryption (ADE). We would like to request a feature to include managed Disks' Server-side encryption using customer-managed keys in Azure Key Vault in Virtual Machines -> Disks tab encryption status.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please allow adding/removing disk without disabling replication

Please allow adding/removing disk without disabling replication

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Auto-renew of certificates should create and event in the portal in case GoDaddy change their policies and need aditional validation.

Auto-renew of certificates should create and event in the portal in case GoDaddy change their policies and need aditional validation.

Even certificate with Auto-Renew, because changes of policies of GoDaddy Azure didnt renew automaticly like was configured.

Seems GoDaddy sent an email to admin of Azure account but should appear in the Portal an alert about certificate expiration.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add ability to remove subscription completely

Currently it shows removed subscription as disabled and appears in dropdowns as well

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. SignalR Azure- Connection limit

Right now SiganlR Azure PasS environemnt is supporting only 1000 connections.We need minimum of 10,000 connections. When will you increase the number of connections supported?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Accurate MFA Reporting in Azure in Usage & Insights

I wanted check if the screen shot below on our Azure Tenant for Usage & Insights for MFA can be filtered to show correct data? For example in the section for “Users registered for Multi-Factor Authentication 389 of 816 as this sounds misleading with the statement of 52% of your organization isn’t registered. This sounds and looks misleading as out of more that half of the user accounts are Service accounts, Conference Rooms and Calendar resources. Is there a way to filter this or change this MFA reporting in Usage & Insights?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Expand Dynamic Group membership options

Expand Azure Dynamic Group membership options, such as …
    1. Ability to Exclude SHARED IDs
    2. Ability to Exclude members listed in another group
    3. Options to add fields in the Azure-User-Profile-Fields ... so I can dynamically add users to a group based on my own critera.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Validate Move Resources - Full obstacle list

At the moment - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/resources/resources/validatemoveresources can show only one obstacle at the time, if there are mutliple ones that are preventing resources to be moved, they are not showed until the first obstacle is fixed.
    I would like to see the action which can show all obstacles that are preventing resource move.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Feature request: In the cost management in Azure portal, when we pin the cost analysis to dashboard, hope to resize Accumulated costs tile

In the cost management in Azure portal, when we pin the cost analysis to dashboard, The analytics tile can be resized,but the Accumulated costs cannot be resized.
    hope to resize Accumulated costs tile ,screenshot attached.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. add a function to migrate a CDN endpoint from one CDN profile to another

I'm trying to organize my CDN endpoints that are located in several CDN profiles. I would like to move them between the profiles but there is no function for this.
    I can create a new profile that points to the same web app but with a different name. The problem is when I have a custom domain name that I would like to move as well. I cannot register the same domain name on two different endpoints.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Dependency Agent support for Debian 7 and 8

It would be great to see support for the Dependency Agent under Debian 7 and 8.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Internal API management service does not show in Vnet list of connected devices.

I have 4 subscriptions and in each I have API management service configured. When you activate it as an internal APIM, it requires you to place it into an empty subnet. I create /29 subnets for them and in the APIM overview it shows it has consumed an IP from that subnet. Also, when you look at the virtual network tab of the APIM, it shows it is in that subnet.
    The problem is, if you now go to the Virtual networks portal page, and list connected devices, the APIM does NOT show in the list. Also, when you go…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base