(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Azure Policy - Compliance Overview & Non-Compliant Resources Details

On the "non-compliance resources" view and also the detailed "resource compliance" blade need to show more details on the policy rule that was not compliance (e.g. what field, expected values, actual values)

For example, if I have a policy that checks for a tag existence, which has a parameter of tagName, then have an initiative which has that policy linked 4 times with different tagName parameters, you can't tell which is which or what the actual values of the resource evaluated were.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide advanced planned maintenance notifications for VPN

For planned VPN maintenance updates, it would be nice if you provided advanced notification. Your VPN failover did not work and our VPN was down. Advanced notification would have allowed us to be better prepared. I was informed that you have no way on your side to determine if the failover was successful or not. That is also something that should be in place.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PaaS Resources Should All Have Private IP Option

One of the biggest concerns for companies is moving data to publicly accessible resources. Most companies are going to be hybrid cloud for a while as well. They also have sites that access sensitive data.

The game changer for Azure is to allow all storage (data lake store, storage accts, etc.) and app services (besides paying for an ASE) to be private IP with VNET integration...

All of the AWS breaches are from people exposing storage publicly. This same concern lies within Azure blob storage as well. Even worse since Azure blob storage doesn't have the same firewall settings as…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow search for a VM by public IP address in portal

When SSL certificates are nearing expiry, I get an email with domain name/s associated with the certificate. Finding the IP address for a domain is easy in a hosting service's interface, but then finding the Azure VM with that IP in the portal is onerous to impossible. When managing large numbers of VMs, being able to filter by public IP address would be a welcome boon.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Azure Policy - Indexed mode policies pick up resources that don't support tags

For example, I created a custom policy definition that audits if a tag exists. It is set mode=indexed, so only taggable and location based resources should be evaluated.

Here are some things that are coming back as non-compliant:
    /microsoft.insights/alertrules
    /microsoft.insights/actiongroups
    /Microsoft.Compute/virtualMachines/extensions
    /microsoft.insights/activitylogalerts
    /microsoft.operationsmanagement/solutions
    /microsoft.portal/dashboards

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. make possible a fixed spending cap

if spending is above the spending cap there should be an immediate denial of service

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Azure Status Resolved Update

At the moment, the RSS feed doesn't post a "Resolved" message so when we receive information about an issue or an outage, it's effectively permanent as we never get an update about its resolution.
    If the RSS feed posted a "Resolved" message about the issue or outage it posted earlier, Systems and managers could respond to this update with internal/external comms.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. signalr

It's great that SignalR is now being offered as an Azure service - https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/signalr-service/

However, https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-signalr/signalr-overview talks about how it is built on top of .NET Core.

However, we - like many users of pre-.NET Core - can't just up and move to .NET Core (for many different reasons).

Please consider supporting SignalR service on Azure with previous versions of .NET framework - and not just stick with .NET Core.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. stop supporting ICE and save Microsoft's reputation

Dear Mr. Zander, Microsoft's work with ICE makes it complicit in separating parents and children--an immoral act that will stain Microsoft's reputation for decades to come. I'm writing to ask you to immediately make it clear that Microsoft will no longer support or make possible any action that serves to keep families apart or detain people who have committed no crime other than seeking a better life for themselves. Please take a stand on this and set the example for other corporations, businesses, and CEOs.

Microsoft's good name is at stake here. As a lifelong user of Microsoft products and…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. ReservedIPs - Be able to allocate a contiguous block of IPs

For reserving static IPs, there should be an option to allocate blocks of contiguous IPs.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. New Datacenter in Italy

is it possible to have a datacenter in Italy, maybe Milan?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Reduce violations to the SCIM specifiaction

Azure AD violates the SCIM specifiaction in some points.
    1. PATCH operations are send with an upper case character, eg 'Add'. Scim specifies all lowercase operations, e.g. 'add'.
    2. Azure AD uses filters in paths for add operations. This is not specified in the SCIM spec.
    3. The urls for users and groups have to be prefixed with 'scim', e.g. https://scimsupportedapp.com/scim/v2/scim/Users. In this example the second scim is just redundant. This is not part of the spec and forces additional implementations especially for Azure AD.
    4. Azure AD seems to always send complex types as values for Scim PATCH.…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Token amount deducted from Indian debit card but signup asking for card again!

Hi, I was signing up for the Azure free trial account. I entered my debit card information and the token authorization amount was also deducted from my bank account, but the signup system is asking to enter card information again. It does not proceed further. Chatted with sales support and they say Indian debit card is not allowed. But then why did the system even go ahead with my card details and take the token amount? Most Indians do not use credit cards as the concept of credit is abhorred in India. Indian debit cards should be accepted for payment.…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Azure Search - be able to retrieve just the facets for any query

It seems that currently you can only retrieve the Facets for any search query, by executing the search in full. It would be really useful to be able to retrieve the Facets for a top level query, but execute a search that's filtered. This enables us to handle the Facets in our own way.

An example:

Step 1: Users goes to top level category 'Bikes'. This returns all the available Facets, i.e. colours, styles, sizes, etc.

Step 2. User filters by one colour, Blue. The returned Facets for colours is Blue only - not the rest of the available colours,…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add option to completely delete Azure account

Upon trying to delete my Azure account, I got the following reply:

(...) as per design we will not be able to delete the complete account from Azure. We can cancel the subscription which will make the account empty but it cannot be completely deleted from Azure.

When are you planning to implement this option? I have never encountered a website where it is not possible to unsubscribe.

Cheers

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. allow invoicing for Marketplace

We need to produce invoice/bill/receipt basically documentation for every item on our credit card for legal and tax purposes. I need documentation to show the charge for the monthly Send Grid charge on the credit card statement. I am not able to get anything from Send Grid because it was purchased via the Marketplace. In the Azure portal, there is no such documentation.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. An attempt to add a webjob puts you in Standard Scheduler by default and you start getting charged

This is unfair because you don't realize you're being charged. The default option should be 'Free'. Then if you need more that what the 'Free' edition allowed you can warn the user to upgrade to the 'Standard' Scheduler.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add the ability to modify the User risk levels for different sign in scenarios in Azure AD Identity Protection

Currently risk events such as unfamiliar location are classified as medium and impossible travel is also classified as medium. it would be great if we were able to modify risk scenarios so that we could move what we deem as a higher risk into a high risk or lower the risk of something that we deem as lower risk. A scenario for why you would want this would be if you have users that travel and are not always coming in from the same location but are legitimate traffic. This would be a low risk scenario where as if a…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Azure CTI (Computer telephony interface)

I believe most of the business has a Call center application which is interfaces with telephone ie they have dedicated RJ45 lines and 1800 number which is interfaced to their service or sales application by either through Cisco CTI or JAVA CTI or through vendor supplied hardware ie PCI slot connected telephone lines.

if we have an Azure CTI infrastructure,I believe it would be easy to make call center apps to Azure

Thanks
    Jag
    Jag@staritconsulting.com
    staritconsulting@outlook.com/hotmail.com

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Consolidated Billing

A couple of my customers have requested that they would like to receive a consolidated billing for multiple subscriptions. It would be great for us to have a billing construct feature available in the portal that allows the customer to point multiple subscriptions to the same billing ID.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Feedback and Knowledge Base