(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide spot pricing option

Spot pricing provides great cost benefits. I have been able to save a lot on Amazon with their spot pricing. I would love this feature on Azure as a competitive market place.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add capability to bridge the networking for nested VMs under Hyper-V

Currently it is possible to use Nested VMs under Hyper-v. However, these VMs can only reach the outside network by being NATed through the hosts network. They are invisible from outside of the host. I would like for my nested VM to appear on the VNET so that they can be managed and reachable like the host networking.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. allow a way to use extensionattributes in Azure AD for cloud only users

I would like a way to use custom attributes in Azure AD. We are cloud only and would like a way to take advantage of the available 15 extensionattributes to help us with user provisioning in other systems that require more information than the standard info for a user object in Azure.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Fix web app and web app plan move

The number of prerequisites and limitations in moving web app, app service plans and resource groups are staggering. I didn't want to delete and start again because these are production services with a large number of manual configurations (e.g. forced to use LetsEncrypt web job because you don't have it natively, but that's a separate issue!). Now I'm having to delete these and start again, standing up the new sites side-by-side and cutting over using DNS - what is the point of having these functionalities built in if they're not usable?

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make Price calculator Touch / Ipad compatible

Wanted to get a pricing estimate from my iPad and could not

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. New tier between shared and basic

I think there should be a tier between shared and basic. The estimated 5x price increase from moving to basic seems pretty high for sites that have outgrown shared. Especially for sites with limited revenue like tech blogs.

I am thinking the new tier could be available to small businesses or individuals.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. provide auto connect script for azure point to site VPN connections

provide auto connect script for azure point to site VPN connections so that I can always be online on point to site connection

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. make possible a fixed spending cap

if spending is above the spending cap there should be an immediate denial of service

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add B2C applications through API

Currently it's impossible to create applications programmatically so they appear under Azure AD B2C - Applications blade.

It is only possible to create "App Registrations" through Graph and AD APIs.

There are others asking about it such as:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40420717/create-aad-b2c-application-registration-via-net-powershell

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. New feature to allow spending caps with immediate suspension

I want to limit my spends and services stop immediately if my preset spending cap is reached. Without it I daren't spin up services.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Display the Creator and Time of Creation prominently in the Azure page for any given entity

We have many people working in our subscription and can not tell who deployed a VM (or anything else) without digging into audit logs and doing a manual search back through 90 day periods.

Please prominently display the creator and time of creation on the main azure page for any given azure entity. Or show "owner" prominently.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Have ADFS SP initiated sign-on also allow MFA proof-up

Currently with ADFS 2016 and IdP initiated login you can use onload.js to intercept the error message generated when a user is not registered for MFA to provide a proof-up link for them to register. However, if it is an SP initiated login, this does not work. There is no error message presented to the browser to intercept. ADFS simply continues on and passes an invalid token to the SP which then fails authentication with no reason or error displayed by ADFS.

The functionality for SP should mimic the functionality for IdP so this works for both initiators.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. PaaS Resources Should All Have Private IP Option

One of the biggest concerns for companies is moving data to publicly accessible resources. Most companies are going to be hybrid cloud for a while as well. They also have sites that access sensitive data.

The game changer for Azure is to allow all storage (data lake store, storage accts, etc.) and app services (besides paying for an ASE) to be private IP with VNET integration...

All of the AWS breaches are from people exposing storage publicly. This same concern lies within Azure blob storage as well. Even worse since Azure blob storage doesn't have the same firewall settings as…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. resource health

Currently it is possible to check the historic availability events from the Resource Health menu, but it would be helpful if you could subscribe to or get an alert for the events here.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow search for a VM by public IP address in portal

When SSL certificates are nearing expiry, I get an email with domain name/s associated with the certificate. Finding the IP address for a domain is easy in a hosting service's interface, but then finding the Azure VM with that IP in the portal is onerous to impossible. When managing large numbers of VMs, being able to filter by public IP address would be a welcome boon.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Azure Search - be able to retrieve just the facets for any query

It seems that currently you can only retrieve the Facets for any search query, by executing the search in full. It would be really useful to be able to retrieve the Facets for a top level query, but execute a search that's filtered. This enables us to handle the Facets in our own way.

An example:

Step 1: Users goes to top level category 'Bikes'. This returns all the available Facets, i.e. colours, styles, sizes, etc.

Step 2. User filters by one colour, Blue. The returned Facets for colours is Blue only - not the rest of the available colours,…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Link Reserved Instance Purchase to a specific Virtual Machine

Microsoft's current practice of Pooling Reserved Instances by VM Type has it's merits, since it ensures that a Reserved Instance will be 'used' whenever possible, but Microsoft should also provide for the capability of linking a specific VM to a Reserved Instance.

We have a situation where we have more VMs of a particular configuration type (e.g. B4ms) than the number of Reserved Instances that we have purchased. The goal of purchasing the Reserved Instances was to exclude the compute costs of specific VMs for the 3-year period and be able to bill-back the hourly compute costs of the remaining…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add all fields to Dynamic Groups

Please add all fields that are available via Get-AzureADDevice to the list of what can be used for Dynamic Groups.
    I would like to be able to use DeviceTrustType and DirSyncEnabled to define dynamic groups for use with Intune.

For all DeviceTrustType=serverAD (Hybrid joined) add "Always on VPN", etc.

It does sound like there are other "Hidden" attributes also. Hopefully those too can be surfaced via Get-AzureADDevice and also be allowed in dynamic groups.

Thanks

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow implicit FTP over TLS in FTP Connector for Logic Apps

It would be nice to have the azure logic app FTP connector support implicit FTPS (FTP over SSL)

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Azure Status Resolved Update

At the moment, the RSS feed doesn't post a "Resolved" message so when we receive information about an issue or an outage, it's effectively permanent as we never get an update about its resolution.
    If the RSS feed posted a "Resolved" message about the issue or outage it posted earlier, Systems and managers could respond to this update with internal/external comms.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base