(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. allow the changing and addition of an account administrator in Azure in Open

We cannot change the Administrator of an Azure in Open subscription or even rename the account to a customer friendly one.
    Being able to have only one Administrator of a subscription and then not being able to change that person(even through support!) is absolutely crazy - what if those credentials are lost/the person leaves and you need to urgently access the account?

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Easier Bug Reporting

as it stands, I can only report bugs to you guys via a support ticket and only if I have a support plan.

Lol. Don't make me laugh. I'm not paying you to report the things that are broken with YOUR service.

One of the options under support ticket needs to be "bug report" and it needs to be freely available to all users.

BUG: Schedulers error retry policy applies the recurrence policy logic meaning free schedulers can't be changed from the 4/30 sec to something like 4/2 min (also, the default is different than the documentation says it should…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Subscribe button is broken on the Updates page

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/updates/
    Click on the Subscribe button and it links to the XML RSS Feed - https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/updates/feed/
    Not the expected behavior.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow app service diagnostic log settings to be sticky to Deployment Slots

We just migrated from a classic cloud service to a website (app service). We set up a STAGING slot for deployment. Our need for diagnostic logs is only for our PRODUCTION slot, but it turns out that we MUST enable the same exact logging settings on our STAGING slot because otherwise when we do a swap the PRODUCTION slot ends up with no logging!

This is counter-intuitive to us. We don't need the logs from STAGING 99.9% of the time.

We would like a way to specify that the log settings are sticky to the PRODUCTION slot and don't change…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Azure AD B2C KMSI as Built in policy

Moving from builtin policies to custom policy for only kmsi is a real pain. Need KMSI as a Builtin policy setting not under custom policies

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow Azure Active Directory Authentication to work in an Azure Web App when using the app_offline.htm file.

When using Azure Active Directory Authentication with an Azure Web App the authentication no longer is implemented when using the app_offline.htm file. Please allow Azure Active Directory Authentication to work in an Azure Web App when using the app_offline.htm file.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Azure Policy - Add friendly / custom error messages for deny policies

When someone tries to create a resource that is blocked by policy, they get an ugly JSON output that doesn't really provide any details as to why they failed validation. The best that they can get (if they find it) is the name of the policy or initiative. It would be much nicer to be able to enter and error description when defining the policies / initiatives and provide links to internal KB articles for how they should remedy the problem.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Application Insights - support for multiple environments

It would be good if I didn't have to set up application insights for each of my environments, like local, dev, test, staging, production.

I want all my telemetry for my application to go into one container, and I want Application Insights to be aware of the different environments so I can quickly filter between them when using the Portal.

This could be extended down to Visual Studio, where I can already see my debug telemetry separately from production, but actually, this feature will give the developer even more control and insight into application code, as it passes through the…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Provide spot pricing option

Spot pricing provides great cost benefits. I have been able to save a lot on Amazon with their spot pricing. I would love this feature on Azure as a competitive market place.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add capability to bridge the networking for nested VMs under Hyper-V

Currently it is possible to use Nested VMs under Hyper-v. However, these VMs can only reach the outside network by being NATed through the hosts network. They are invisible from outside of the host. I would like for my nested VM to appear on the VNET so that they can be managed and reachable like the host networking.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. allow a way to use extensionattributes in Azure AD for cloud only users

I would like a way to use custom attributes in Azure AD. We are cloud only and would like a way to take advantage of the available 15 extensionattributes to help us with user provisioning in other systems that require more information than the standard info for a user object in Azure.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Fix web app and web app plan move

The number of prerequisites and limitations in moving web app, app service plans and resource groups are staggering. I didn't want to delete and start again because these are production services with a large number of manual configurations (e.g. forced to use LetsEncrypt web job because you don't have it natively, but that's a separate issue!). Now I'm having to delete these and start again, standing up the new sites side-by-side and cutting over using DNS - what is the point of having these functionalities built in if they're not usable?

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make Price calculator Touch / Ipad compatible

Wanted to get a pricing estimate from my iPad and could not

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. New tier between shared and basic

I think there should be a tier between shared and basic. The estimated 5x price increase from moving to basic seems pretty high for sites that have outgrown shared. Especially for sites with limited revenue like tech blogs.

I am thinking the new tier could be available to small businesses or individuals.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. provide auto connect script for azure point to site VPN connections

provide auto connect script for azure point to site VPN connections so that I can always be online on point to site connection

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. To be able to dismiss all users flagged for risk.

To be able to dismiss all users flagged for risk.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add B2C applications through API

Currently it's impossible to create applications programmatically so they appear under Azure AD B2C - Applications blade.

It is only possible to create "App Registrations" through Graph and AD APIs.

There are others asking about it such as:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40420717/create-aad-b2c-application-registration-via-net-powershell

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Display the Creator and Time of Creation prominently in the Azure page for any given entity

We have many people working in our subscription and can not tell who deployed a VM (or anything else) without digging into audit logs and doing a manual search back through 90 day periods.

Please prominently display the creator and time of creation on the main azure page for any given azure entity. Or show "owner" prominently.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Have ADFS SP initiated sign-on also allow MFA proof-up

Currently with ADFS 2016 and IdP initiated login you can use onload.js to intercept the error message generated when a user is not registered for MFA to provide a proof-up link for them to register. However, if it is an SP initiated login, this does not work. There is no error message presented to the browser to intercept. ADFS simply continues on and passes an invalid token to the SP which then fails authentication with no reason or error displayed by ADFS.

The functionality for SP should mimic the functionality for IdP so this works for both initiators.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. PaaS Resources Should All Have Private IP Option

One of the biggest concerns for companies is moving data to publicly accessible resources. Most companies are going to be hybrid cloud for a while as well. They also have sites that access sensitive data.

The game changer for Azure is to allow all storage (data lake store, storage accts, etc.) and app services (besides paying for an ASE) to be private IP with VNET integration...

All of the AWS breaches are from people exposing storage publicly. This same concern lies within Azure blob storage as well. Even worse since Azure blob storage doesn't have the same firewall settings as…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base