Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, reach out to us on Microsoft Q&A or try StackOverflow

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. For customers who have basic support, there should always be the option of support type A, if the case is critical

For customers who have basic support, there should always be the option of support type A, if the case is critical, for example: My web app was stopped because of the certificate. That was actually not a fault of ours. Therefore, Azure should again offer this option to the customer, if the situation is critical, at least one explanation.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Invoice status in Azure should correctly reflect the status in the accounting system

An Invoice has the status 'Due' even though it was 'paid' by a refund in the following invoice. The status 'Due' only reflects whether the credit credit card was charged. This invoice will never be charged so this invoice remains 'Due', which gives an incorrect impression the invoice is still open.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Prepare Microsoft Cert Exams according to Official Study Guide & Syllabus

Microsft certifications are necessary now for a person who belongs to the IT field, should have at least one Microsoft Certification. Now the question is how to prepare for cert exams. I'd recommend one should go for the actual verified prep material which follows the Microsoft official study guidelines and Syllabus. I found Study4Exam: https://www.study4exam.com/microsoft-exams/ - the most authentic source for the preparation material like sample exam questions for the practice of Microsoft cert exams, and candidates can easily check and evaluate their preparation using their easy-to-use practice test software.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. monitor proximity placement group

would like the ability to monitor the status of the proximity placement group to be able to see the status at a glance in the portal as a status option that can be edited in columns.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Disable alternate authentication mechanisms

It would be useful to be able to disable completely alternative authentication mechanisms (SAS, SQL auth) for every service (Service Bus, Storage Accounts, etc.) that supports Azure AD authentication. The best practice is to use SQL but we remain exposed to the alternate mechanisms.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. setup GoAccess web analytics on Azure Monitor part

GoAccess has a great analysis feature we need to implement since the Application Gateway is weak through it's analysis and powerful data

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Create Child resources in a atomic transaction

If a resources created also several child resources are created. If one fails i need need to delete all the child resources manually. This can take a long time.
    I would like to be able to rollback the whole transaction and delete all the created resources created as a single and atomic transaction. (Restore the latest "commit point".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. export azure policy to azure repo (Devops)

Currently i can export azure policy definitions to Github, but not to azure repo. Can you enable export to a json file in Azure Repo?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Publish contents of Azure Firewall FQDN tags in a similar fashion as IP based service tags

For clarity and troubleshooting it would be very useful have an api or download option to see which FQDN/protocol combinations are part of an Azure Firewall FQDN tag.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Increase 4000 character limit for Docker Compose on Azure App Services

According to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/quickstart-multi-container#create-a-docker-compose-app

Docker Compose on Azure App Services currently has a limit of 4,000 characters at this time.

This limit is easy to hit and longer compose files should be allowed

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently, ADDS does not support AES256 encryption for Azure Files, please consider supporting this

Azure Active Directory Domain Services does not support AES256 encryption for mounting Azure Files. It only supports RC4. It is my understanding that RC4 is weaker encryption and AES256 is stronger. Please consider supporting AES256 encryption for ADDS and Azure Files file shares.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Azure Repo - IBI Webfocus - GIT source control

I would like to use an azure repo as GIT repository for the application Webfocus (by IBI). Webfocus module source control needs a GIT compliant repository. Currently wf is not supported by Azure Repo. Therefore i need a GIT repo at vendor Github. However they host the data in the us. For compliancy reasons i need to use a cloud location in Europe. I would like to use the azure region 'West-europe'. Can we have a DevOps repo in that region that is Git complient and can be used by the external application INI-Webfocus over an url?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Service Admin, non Global Admin should be able to invite work accounts from Subscriptions directory

When a user is Service Admin for a subscription but not Global Admin for the directory associated with that subscription, the user can invite Personal Accounts and Work Accounts from other directories to Subscription Owner, however inviting users on his home directory it is not possible.

It seems quite strange that a Service Admin can invite any user in the World to be an Owner for a subscription and consequently a member of the associated directory except the users on his company directory.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. App registration - API Keys expiration

Hi,
    as other suggest (e.g. https://cloud.google.com/docs/authentication/api-keys) it appears as good security practice to recreate the API keys of a service principal. Would it be an option to enforce the maximum expiration to 1 or 2 years and restrict the usage of "never expires"?

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. More specific document in Azure Region

I want to build VMs in South Africa West, but I cannot see this region on Portal. When I requested a ticket to Azure to ask for permission , the support engineer replied that this region is only for disaster recovery. I wish there could be a notice shows on Azure Region(https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/global-infrastructure/regions/).

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Azure Application Insights grid metric view does not render properly on dashboard

Grid view for metrics does not render properly on a dashboard. Even after expanding the size of metric tile, the grid view stays small with scroll bars showing.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Jupyter notebook throws 500 error when user account contains uppercase

When user account contains uppercase during provisioning of DS VMs, Jupyter notebook throws a 500 error message.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Azure General UI: Requestor is able to approve their own changes

UI allows the requestor to approve their own changes even if the branch policy denies this. Approve request is logged.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base