(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. XueGao@microsoft.com

I understand we have the feature that "The alert rule sends out a resolved/deactivated message when the alert condition is not met for three consecutive periods to reduce noise in case of flapping conditions.“ referenced by https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/platform/alerts-metric-overview#view-and-resolution-of-fired-alerts.

Just for my customer sometimes they have literally thousands of alerts deployed, and this change has broken our alerting mechanisms. Some of these alerts go to a 24/7 helpdesk, and they will phone engineers up and get them out of bed – failing to deactivate the alerts as soon as the issue is resolved will cause our customer significant out of hours…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. http status

It should be possible to bypass CDN caching, when app (e.g. ASP NET MVC or .NET Core application) returns redirectresult with http status 301. Otherwise runs the application in an endless redirection loop.

Actually does the Microsoft CDN cache pages with 301 http status. But if the 301 page content is empty and the server is triggering with that call a redirecting, then you have a endless redirect.

Code example see attachment.

Workflow:
    1. User is calling is typing in domain.tld/path?qs=1
    2. CDN is configured to redirect (301) http to https and also non-www to www.domain.tld
    3. The server doesn't…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Outline cross-partition effect of IN-clause for partition key in CosmosDB docs

Querying containers explains cross-partition queries[1]. It states, that the lack of a partition key causes cross-partition requests. Please add the case of the IN-clause targetting the partition key.

[1] https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/azure/cosmos-db/how-to-query-container

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Monitor outgoing messages of a Event Hub on a consumer group level

Right now it is possible to monitor an Event Hub Namespace's incoming and outgoing messages. An Event Hub shared between project's will have a different consumer group for each project. Right now there's no way for the projects to monitor if they're keeping up with the message production rate, because Event Hub doesn't offer a metric of outgoing messages per consumer group.

What I need is a metric that tells me "There's this much messages coming into this Event Hub, and this many is how much my Consumer Group is consuming."

PS. There's also a related suggestion regarding monitoring on…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add a comment/description option to firewall IP entries.

Need a comment field in firewall sections e.g.SQL Servers and Key Vaults. I have many specific IP addresses that need access, but am struggling to identify who the ip addresses belong to after a while.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This is

I both cannot register a free trial account and cancel my credit card information.
    First I tried register a "Azure free trial" but got the return "you are not eligible for an Azure free account"
    After that, I decided to remove my credit card information, then I got a message "We can not remove Visa .... right now"
    What is the problem? I'm really frustrated.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make Microsoft Cognitive Services accessible locally without the need for the Internet.

Make Microsoft Cognitive Services accessible locally without the need for the Internet.
    Speech recognition, Text to Speech as well as speaker recognition had to be locally accessible because it had to respond in real time.
    If it's just a question of business model, please do as office disable the account locally as long as the person hasn't paid.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Storage Firewall block log/alert

Currently, for Storage (PaaS) Firewall issues there is no direct way to troubleshoot port blocking issue etc without any help from Storage engineer. Providing logs/alerts will greatly help the troubleshooting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. WAF Bot protection rule set

Dear Azure team,

Could you please create (update) a new Bot in the Azure Web Application Firewall on Azure Front Door in order to protect applications from brute force attacks and credential stuffing attacks, when a huge number of ip addresses (4000-5000) are used to perform the same 'Sign in' requests with different email+password combinations?

Regards,
    Kiryl

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow shared image gallery images to be used by Azure Batch across tenants

My organization was surprised that it's not possible to use a shared image gallery image as the base image for an Azure Batch pool in a different subscription and tenant. It is possible to do this for individual VMs, so it seems logical to also support the Azure Batch Pool use case. My organization has several tenants, and we would like to use the same managed image in Azure Batch across all tenants.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. AKS + more resource service tags required on Azure Firewall

Difficult to limit internet egress for some resources requiring access to MS public IPs - AKS API for example. Only option available currently is * rules which we want to limit.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Generate a single folder for log files

I would like to know if it is possible that the log files generated by the applications are stored in a single folder and do not generate several as usual and divide them by date.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Customised quick link buttons along the bottom of the portal in the browser (frame the center nav with links on the bottom)

Customised quick link buttons along the bottom of the portal in the browser (frame the center nav with links on the bottom)
    This increase customisation and user friendliness.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Simplify Private Endpoint DNS resolution from on-premises

Currently to access a storage account with private endpoints, one must do the following to achieve a simple DNS resolution from on-premise machines (across VPN/ExpressRoute):

1. Create DNS proxy VMs to forward DNS traffic to Azure DNS server 168.63.129.16

2. Setup DNS forwarding on on-prem DNS to forward traffic to the DNS proxy VM in step #1.

3. Azure DNS entries will have to be manually updated if any Private Endpoint is changed/removed/re-created.

A workaround is to simply create a hosts file entry for the storage account name on the local on-premise machine, but this does not work well with Azure Storage Explorer,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Support for rate limiting for user provisioning from Azure (SCIM)

Azure currently does not support rate limiting when using SCIM to provision the users to target applications.

429 status codes are counted as errors and retry-after headers are simply ignored. When dealing with a single service that receives all these requests from different Azure applications all trying to provision their user base, the load quickly becomes too much. There needs to be a way to control how these requests are dealt with and let Azure know that it should stop sending requests the server can't process.

If we have a 100 customers all using Azure to provision their users to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Azure Tables Index

Please add indexing capabilities to azure tables. Adding multiple rows for the same data is a poor hack. Azure cognitive search is outrageously expensive. Thanks for reading, and I really hope you will consider adding indexes to azure tables...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. XueGao@microsoft.com

Will Application Insights connector re-enable again?
    I found https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/log-query/unify-app-resource-data#next-steps mentioned the Application Insights connector just abandoned, then it can't generate the Application Insights table in Log Analytics worspace.
    After that, it's inconvenient for us to manage and check multiple Application Insights data in one workspace.

Please help verify if this functionality will re-enable.
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Local time in sign in report download

Can you please add the possibility to download Sign in reports with Local Time instead of UTC. We have multiple customer complaining about the usage of those reports when it comes to time column.

It is essential for visibility, when reviewing cyber-security reports and logs, to have local time easy to reach with the eyes.

This can also be generalized to other kinds of logs.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow Azure portal to create VM with Accelerated Networking from Azure Custom image

Allow Azure portal to create VM with Accelerated Networking from Azure Custom image
    Reference : 119111526002704
    We can only create VM with Accelerated Networking enabled from Azure custom image using CLI/Powershell and ARM Template. It is not possible to do via portal as the Accelerated Networking options is always grayed out.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 62 63
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base