(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve

Your website https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/documentation/articles/hdinsight-apache-spark-livy-rest-interface/ is not good and i disliked the way contains are presented here. At Top, you have black color bar that covers 20% of my 14 inch laptop display. I have to scroll a lot within same page. Its really frustrating and irritating for you. I never expected such ppor website design from world leader.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better Change Mangement Communication

I have gotten feedback around several large clients around better communications when breaking changes are made either in the portal or in the SDK/API. A recent example was that '_' would no longer be allowed in HD Insight clusters. This was initially communicated back in March from what I understand but it was just rolled out to my client's region, which broke their production scripts. A better way to handle the communications when changes are pushed and to which region.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. new native code developed codepad and xcode features

new native code developed codepad and xcode features

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Fix a bug with Job Scheduler's Oauth

There is a bug in the Job Scheduler UI when editing a job that uses a previously-saved call requiring oauth. In that case, any change to the Action Settings or the Schedule times triggers an error - that the Audience is wrong. Regardless of what value was previously saved for Audience, the Audience errors like it's trying to save https://management.core.windows.net/ Even if oauth settings are not currently being edited. If editing an Action Setting, this is fixable, as you can just go in to the Audience and re-enter the correct Action and save that with your current changes. However, for…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. found 1 error in you demo Contoso University application

found 1 error in you demo Contoso University application

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Azure AD Connect Health Bad Password Report improvement

Drilldown option on the top50 chart with more information what source the bad attempts are made from. (IP, OS, devicetype, application name) so it can be resolved more easily.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Application Insights: Allow for alerts based on filters

Currently alerts can only be applied per Metric (see screenshot).
    It would be extremely helpful to trigger alerts based on filtered telemetry. E.g. Exception of type IOException, since often times third party libraries cause Exceptions that are just 'noise'.
    So like with any logging: the challenge is finding the signal within the noise.

A very simple solution would be to add 'favourites' to the metrics drop down.

So you'd see in metrics drop down additional options like 'Favourite: IOExceptions' and 'Favourite: Slow Homepage load in Chrome'.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When a subscription is cancelled from my Azure account, record which user logged in and made the cancellation.

This info is critical when a company Azure account shared by multiple employee user logins.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add select all/none option when moving resources from one group to another

When moving resources from one group to another, it can be extremely tedious if you are segregating resources from a large group, into smaller groups.

By default every resource is selected, and you have to un-select all but a couple, and repeat this until everything is moved.

It would be extremely useful to have a simple select all/none link at the top.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Lower the learning curve, make it easier to onboard, or increase the trial time period

There is a lot of cool stuff, but its overwhelming unless you know exactly what you want at the beginning.

The trial period is not long enough for professional developers who are looking to expand their toolset, and can do so only as time allows.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Endpoint ACL CName - Dynamics DNS

I use Access Control Lists on the majority of my servers. I hit issues when people have dynamics IPs. It would be excellent if I could add a dyndns CName rather than an IP address.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Have a single shared "Access to Azure Active Directory" subscription per tenant

Now that Azure AD is being brought into the modern panel, there should be a single Subscription per tenant. This would be much better than having the offer code that creates a separate 'access' subscription for when a new admin needs to manage Azure AD. This would also allow for sharing of custom dashboards.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add more than one Billing Administrator for Azure Accounts

As a student using Azure for classes, I have to create a new account every time I am given an Azure pass subscription.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Azure Meida Player - Document - miss link.

Hi, I found a miss link at Azure Media Player's documents left menu.

(Wrong) Azure Media Player > Accessibility > Hotkeys
    (Right) Azure Media Player > Accessibility > Hot keys

Document URL
    > https://amp.azure.net/libs/amp/latest/docs/index.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Azure AD Privileged Identity Management - Admin Role Still Active after Access is Expired

When an admin role is activated using the Azure AD PIM solution and their admin access expired, they are able to perform admin functions in Exchange\SharePoint etc until the sign off of O365. THis even lasts until the next day if the admin does not log off.

This is a security loophole for admin access still existing after it is supposed to be expired.

I received this explanation from a case I opened:

Even if the time frame of an hour or two hours have been expired, then the Azure AD will never have the knowledge that the token has…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Check all Slot Setting in App Services

Our Apps have a couple hundred app settings each, and we generally like to have Slot Setting checked on all of them. Besides the pain of checking each box, it would add piece of mind to know that none are missed by adding a "Select All" for slot setting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. support multiple values for the same key when tagging. If i want to allocate multiple departments while tagging i should be able to do that.

Currently AzureRM tagging only supports one value for one key. This means if i want to tag multiple departments to one resource it is incapable of handling it.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base