(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display a warning in Microsoft Identity Provider panel when the application has been configured from a personal account

Applications that have been created using personal accounts must be configured via "https://apps.dev.microsoft.com/". Some configuration for the IDP (i.e. Redirect Uris) will be ignored when edited via the regular Azure portal. Please display a warning in Azure telling the user that the "Application has been created using a personal account and must be edited via apps.dev.microsoft.com"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Azure CDN to be configured and enabled/disabled via Kubernetes yaml files only

In Google Cloud Platform Kubernetes and Google CDN play really well together, but not in Azure:

Suppose you have a Service and an Ingress. The Ingress gives you IP4 address. This address you add as an A record of your custom domain, you setup LetsEncrypt certificates using CertManager, you add a TLS configuration in Ingress and that's it. CertManager will use HTTP-01 challenge to verify the domain, i.e. no customer actions are required.
    The same is available in Azure CDN. So far so good.

Now, you want to enable/disable CDN. Everything you have to do in Google Cloud Platform is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow deploying VM with certificate from another subscription

When deploying a virtual machine, you can not use a certificate that is stored in another subscription.
    This is an issue as I wish have a single management Key Vault, this key vault stores and updates all the certificates. This will make the overall management easier, and will save having to have duplicate certificates across multiple key vaults if you are using multiple environments.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. add powershell and Az CLI command to show all role assignments to a Service Principal

Refer to this case: [REG:120030923002126] Roles assignment info for service principal

We like to know all the role assignments to a Service Principal. But for now we need to write a script that loop through each subscriptions, resource groups and resources. This is not effective.

The same feature applicable to groups and users too. We should be able to see all permission granted to them at all scope/level.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. sql database backup not cancellable

Once I started a AZURE SQL BACKUP operation by mistake on my production database. I took like a day to complete the operation, affecting my database performance.

Theres is no way to cancel, stop or pause that operation, which is frustrating.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add Account Center to the Azure Portal.

Currently, we don't see all our subscriptions under the Azure portal. I just found out that we need to open the Account Center to see our Tech Support subscription and to download the invoices. Why all this information not in one place?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Azure branding background image is not auto fitting

The branding image is Azure is not auto fitting in the browser, it is removing the top and bottom portion of the image.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. MFA portal page is displayed Delegated Admin (Partner Center Account )

the Azure MFA portal is not working properly for the Delegated Admin, while it does for a GA in the tenant

the issue occurs with all the end customer tenants, for the Delegated Admin

Note : • Enabling / Disabling MFA per user with a ValueAddedResellerPartnerDelegatedAdmin GA also gives an error, while this works with the GA from the tenant itself:

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Virtual Machine should be searchable using DNS Name

In portal.azure.com, I should be able search a Virtual Machine if I have the DNS name.

Here in screenshot, I do have a machine with this DNS but I am not able search.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Storage account File doesn't have Diagnostics or audit logs

Storage account File doesn't have Diagnostics or audit logs, its hard to track the access to Files and operations performed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Storage account diagnostics logs should User principle details

Azure staorage account diagnostic logs doesn't provide user details, this is very much required to response in case any unauthorized access or tampering of data happens.

Scenario: When someone in organation is accessing a sensitive data or user account is compramised, then using the logs alert is detected but doesn't have enough information to block a user or take necessary action, as the user is accessing within office network then only companies Public IP available using which we cannot block access to everyone.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Support docker-compose in Azure Container Instances

Containers for WebApps/App Services support docker-compose, you should support the same for Azure Container Instances

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I want to be able to migrate my AppCenter diagnostic data, which I exported to Azure Blob Storage, to Azure Application Insight.

Currently this is not possible and there is also no way to export errors and crashes from appcenter directly to application insights.
    This would be a huge benefit, as it allows me to analyze all my app data in one place instead of having it split between azure application insights and appcenter

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Dynamics connector in Data Factory cannot handling error as per the best practice when API limit is exceeded

Dynamics 365 API has the limit for execution time below.
    And if the limit is exceeded Dynamics online will return the error that status code is 429 or 500. Also as per the following document, when the error is recieved the client should wait amount of time before sending more requests.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/common-data-service/api-limits#limits

Execution time The combined duration for all connections using the same user account 20 minutes (1200 seconds)

However when records import to Dynamics 365 using ADF, the above error is skipped if the fault torelance setting in copy activity is "enableSkipIncompatibleRow".
    And the ADF cannot handle the errro…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The need is for an alert that will notify us when a machine is shutdown or rebooted and the action is performed from the OS and not azure

The need is for an alert that will notify us when a machine is shutdown or rebooted and the action is performed from the OS and not azure portal.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. In Azure Logic Apps google Analytic connector not exist, I suggest in the near future it will be available

In Azure Logic Apps google Analytic connector not exist, I suggest in the near future it will be available

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow option for U2F keys to be required for authentication

Allow the use of U2F Keys like Yubikey 5 to be a required/available method of MFA to logon similar to having a SmartCard instead of just a sign in option.

This way you can make your main method of logon required to being the Yubikey or user can configure only a Yubikey for logon.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Deny Subscription creation based on offertype (msdn, freetrial...)

Within an Enterprise environment with corresponding Enterprise Agreement it is not yet possible to avoid the creation of new subscriptions for specific persons and/or for specific offer types.
    Anybody in the company can create their own free trial subscription, pay-as-you-go or msdn with their company credentials and can upload sensitive data to such subscriptions.
    This brought the requirement to try denying those subscription types.
    Unfortunately it is not (yet) possible with Azure Policy due to missing exposure of the properties to ARM level. Policy works only on ARM level.
    Could you nevertheless make it possible with Policies or maybe another…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Azure VPN with Azure MFA should require two-factor authentication every time it connects

We are using Azure VPN client with Azure MFA, and the client requires the second factor (code via SMS) only when the user connects for the first time. After that, every time we click on the VPN icon, the VPN client connects automatically, ignoring the MFA requirement, even if we log off the user or turn off the PC. It seems that, after the first authentication with MFA, the client turns into a "one-factor authentication" access, requiring only userid and password. If someone obtains the Windows credentials for a user, an attacker with access to the laptop can connect remotely…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. describe missing properties REST API

according to this document

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/notificationhubs/create-overwrite-installation#see-also

missing describe some properties as in the endpoint "https://{namespace}.servicebus.windows.net/{NotificationHub}/installations/{id}?api-version=2015-01"

what's the id refer to?! not declared!

also, I tried to put it with the subscription id or installation id

alse get in the response

"<Error><Code>400</Code>

&lt;Detail&gt;Installation validation failed with following error(s):&amp;#xD;

One or more characters in device token is not a hexadecimal
    digit...TrackingId:66fcbb91-4b89-4864-95e9-d442ef34c808_G11,TimeStamp:3/5/2020 12:02:37 PM&lt;/Detail&gt;
    &lt;/Error&gt;&quot;

How can I deal with them?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base