(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Assign a virtual IP address to internal application gateways so that backendpool servers can expect specific IP addresses

When we use internal application gateways and they scale up... the IP addresses change for them even though we assign a static frontend ip address to the application gateway. Our backend pool servers receive traffic from randomly assign ip addresses to the capacity units that scale up on the application gateway. One idea is to provide a virtual ip that round robins to all the private ip addresses that the application gateway consumes upon scale up.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Issue when set new method payment card as active

the error message should be clearer to customers to be able to differentiate when it relates to their banks or the Azure portal;

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Migration of Azure CSP subscriptions to EA tenants

It's relatively straightforward to migrate an Azure EA subscription into CSP, but not in the opposite direction.

There's a workaround available to move CSP subscriptions out into EA tenants (by using a separate PAYG subscription as a temporary staging area), but it has issues and is not commonly documented.

Please refine, formalise and publish the process.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please continue to offer StorSimple cloud appliances after 8000 series EOL

We really love STORSIMPLE and are very sad to learn that it will be end of life in December 2022. As we consider our options going forward, I would like to suggest that Microsoft Azure continue to offer STORSIMPLE as a cloud only service utilizing the cloud appliances. The continuation of the cloud appliances would make migration a much simpler process and would keep that bucket of $torage business for Microsoft - a win-win :-) It would also preserve the cool features that we have come to love and depend on with STORSIMPLE. Customers could migrate existing on premises file…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Failed to edit Key Vault API connection

I am using Azure Key Vault connector in the logic apps and for deploying the logic apps using ARM templates.

In the ARM templates I have added the Microsoft.Web/connections resource to include Key Vault API connection.

The API Connection gets successfully deployed, but when I open it on the portal to Authorize it I get an error :- "Failed to edit Api connection "keyvault"".

The resource template of the key vault looks like below :-

{ "type": "Microsoft.Web/connections", "apiVersion": "2016-06-01", "name": "[parameters('connectionskeyvaultname')]", "location": "[parameters('location')]", "properties": { "api": { "id": "[concat('/subscriptions/',subscription().subscriptionId,'/providers/Microsoft.Web/locations/', parameters('location'), '/managedApis/', parameters('connectionskeyvaultname'))]" }, "displayName": "",…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Invoice

Please combine support invoicing and subscriptions in one portal and not divide it on multiple portals. It is time consuming to gather invoices from different places and even worse when there is an issue downloading the invocie it self. I've had issues downloading the support invoices from a different portal for 3 months in a row until i gave up and cancelled it. It seemed the only support i needed was with the invoice itself (the irony). anyway, please do something about it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. do not truncate exported Activity Log events

I configured the activity logs to be exported to event hub & storage account
    I am receiving the events but some events are large and the JSON is truncated at the end withh "...}",
    making it an invalid JSON and important information is missing.

After contacting Azure support I was told that this was:
    “By design. ARM truncates shoebox entry properties field to 20KB”
    This design decision seems weird since it truncates the response which (as far as I understand) holds the information of the new state.
    This poses a big problem in our application since we intended to analyze…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. rest api

Azure rest api for vm should return every resource connected to it. It should return all the details of specific vm. like
    1) Resource grp of vm
    2) Virtual network attached to that vm
    3)subnet
    4) Network interface
    5) netwok security grp
    6)rules
    Everything related to vm. For now we have api to find this out in a subscription or resource. but there should be a api present which gives all above mentioned details of a vm. present api doesnot give all the details.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Basic read access to mailboxes for Application permission

As already made available and documented here: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/blogs/new-basic-read-access-to-a-users-mailbox/
    Same permissions should be made avaialble for application and not only for delegeted permissions.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow Azure portal to create VM Custom image from a VM instance of VMSS and update to VMSS

Currently user is not able to create VM Custom image from a VM instance of VMSS and update it to VMSS. Whenever there is an update to one of the VM instance of VMSS such as deployment, software installation we would like to update the VM image to VMSS so that when it scales out the latest VM image will be scaled out. We will now need to create standalone VM (Not VMSS) to be generalised and generate custom VM Image first and hence it is troublesome and inccur additional cost

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Able to initiate support request thru chat (paid support plans)

Direct chat support to have quick chat with support agent to initiate support case or to get answer right away instead of havin wait days and email ping-pong

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Design ATW Ltd. is providing a customized web solution designed around your business and market objectives. Our customized web solutions pro

Design
    Ltd. is providing a customized web solution designed around your business and market objectives. Our customized web solutions promise to deliver value; allowing businesses to gain a competitive advantage, greater market share, increased revenue, brand equity and reduced advertising spend.

Hosting
    Reliability with Dynamic Server Management. Our Hosting, multi-server environment gives you the horsepower you need to keep your site operating at peak capacity. Real-time performance management insures that your cluster will grow dynamically with you.

E-Commerce
    Manage a dynamic product list through the E-Commerce Module back-office. Whether the shop has one product or thousands, this incredible administrative interface…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. eset internet security

ESET Internet Security can be installed quickly on each device if the user follows the correct procedure. You can follow the instructions below to install the setup on your devices such as Windows PC, Mac, or mobile device.

https://www.eset-eset.com/eset-internet-security/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. canon printer setup

canon printer setup into your pc, your system does not need to install the driver on it. Canon printer that can be downloaded via page is the best wireless printer that you can connect to your device and print data smoothly.
    https://canonsetup-canon.com/canon-printer-setup/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. pull request completion

It will be useful to have a pull request completion.

Use case:
    I have a design-system that I would like to have a preview when doing my pull-request.
    At the end of the pull-request, this preview will be deleted.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add a testing framework for automated Policy testing

I ran regulary into issues with policies. They stopped working due to some issues (e.g. changed api's, etc).

Would be awesome to test policies on a regular base or on deployment (like e.g. unit testing) to validate the function of the policy.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. copy image from subscription to another subscription.

i was searching copy an image from one subscription to another subscription..unable to find any option in AZURE..but Aws is providing very easy way to copy from one to another.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Delete my card

Delete my card

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. replace CSP transfer form with a digital online form

replace CSP transfer form with a digital online form the current word doc is awful

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. two AppService plans (with a web app) in the same resource group cannot import the same certificate from a key vault

If I, in a resource group, have two AppService plans (with a web app), and one of them imports a certificate from a key vault, then the other web app (in the other app service plan) cannot import the same certificate.
    The only way to solve it is to move one web app to another resource group.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base