(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The WVD service does not allow you to join an internal domain with a non-standard TLD

The WVD service does not allow you to join an internal domain with a non-standard TLD. There are companies that use the local AD domain with a non-routable name and it is not possible to join the domain via WVD marketplace. Example: If you have an internal domain name br.ad.c2w it does not allow you to join it in the WVD's web deploy interface. Please fix this bug in the WVD deploy interface via the marketplace.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure Function need to support multiple B2C authority

I have two set of users in two different AD B2C who access my function Apps. Currently, I can setup only one Azure B2C authentication. It should support multiple OpenID Connect authorities

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Operating System specific Azure virtual machine RBAC roles

From a governance point of view, the RBAC roles for managing VMs should be finer grained. Basically having OS specific flavors of 3 built in VM RBAC roles.

ie: At our organization, we have different admin groups managing Linux & Windows machines, I expect this is very prevalent.

The workarounds become maintenance headaches. (Assigning RBAC at a VM level or creating RG for Linux vs Windows)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/role-based-access-control/built-in-roles

Currently:
    Virtual Machine Administrator Login View Virtual Machines in the portal and login as administrator

Virtual Machine Contributor Lets you manage virtual machines, but not access to them, and not the virtual network…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add DDOS protection plan cost saving suggestion through Azure Advisor or through clear documentation

DDOS protection plan is a shared service and shall be configured in one subscription and should be used by all other subscriptions.

The above statement is not very clear with Azure DDOS protection plan pricing documentation. Most of the teams end up creating multiple instances of DDOS protection plan in different subscriptions.

Can Azure Advisor provide cost recommendation when multiple DDOS protection plans are configured or at least this can be highlighted in bold in the documentation as the recommended practice.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add DDOS protection plan cost saving suggestion through Azure Advisor or through clear documentation

DDOS protection plan is a shared service and shall be configured in one subscription and should be used by all other subscriptions.

The above statement is not very clear with Azure DDOS protection plan pricing documentation. Most of the teams end up creating multiple instances of DDOS protection plan in different subscriptions.

Can Azure Advisor provide cost recommendation when multiple DDOS protection plans are configured or at least this can be highlighted in bold in the documentation as the recommended practice.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Azure B2C Backup/restore option

Hi All,

Recently our company has been separated as another company. Due to that we need to do migration for existing users. As part of this activity, we would like to take backup of existing Production B2C AD to save as backup if something went wrong. Can you please let me know if any process for this available.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A feature to opt out of automatically registering self-installed SQL VM into RP.

Recently self-installed SQL VM have been automatically registered into RP. There should be a feature to opt out of this registration by Microsoft.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. failed to parse

I'm receive this error when i did trying make deployment mybot
    someone help me?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We do not have the option to enable or create the Dynamoic group using the attribute onPremisesDistinguishedName.

We have found the distinguished name has been synced to the azure AD and available on the shell view for the user properties as “ onPremisesDistinguishedName” but while creating the DL rule we cannot able to find the value on the azure GUI portal.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add more problem subtypes to your support request page

There needs to be more problem types/subtypes. I cannot find the correct combination for logging a problem with adding/removing Roles and Features in a VM. Configuration and Setup gives you an RDS option but that's it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Display guest OS version of Cloud Services in Azure Portal

It would be nice if Guest OS version for Cloud Services would somehow be visible/accessible inside Azure Portal. Currently, the only way to see which Guest OS version is installed is through https://resources.azure.com. Guest OS version is needed to see which updates and patches have been installed and applied.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Azure AD

AAD: When user uses Zoom App to Authorize his O365 for Calendar Sync, donot accept if the user is any kind of Admin, Especially GA or SA. This way Admin creds can not be stopped from leaking by 3rd party Apps, however they are Trusted.

From Raj Kumar Naik

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. While creating DB server, "This location is not available for subscriptions"

I've tried to create Azure SQL database server but, while I'm setting the detail of server for location, it keep saying that "This location is NOT available for subscriptions". I tried every location, but NONE of them worked. How should I fix this issue?
    FYI, My subscription is only Azure for Students and I don't have any databse server on my account. I am a brand new user.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Change the Font for the Request Blocked message for Front Door

Please change the default font/make the font configurable for the reference number on the "Request Blocked" page for Front Door. The reference number can include lowercase "L's" and uppercase "i's" that look exactly the same with the current font that is used.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Change ressource group for user assigned managed identity

It would be nice to move a managed identity from one ressource group to another. As of today we can't move MI.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Microsoft Azure Data Science certification incurring large cloud service costs

As discussed with MS support over March and Feb-20, I have incurred large costs associated with the training material below to prepare for the Exam for this certification.

Microsoft get revenue from the exam process but I should not be charged to prep the certification (aside: my company trains Data Analysts/Engineers and Data Scientists so we would like to send high volume thru this certification - 20 delegates per month).

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/azure-data-scientist?wt.mcid=learningredirectcerts-web-wwl&tab=tab-learning-paths

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. [ASE] Improve the ASE Scaling operation time

Scaling out our App Service plans in an App Service Environment can take over 30 minutes normally (sometimes >50mins). it's very impact the ASE application availability, we would like to know is there other way to reduce the time? Like:

1) Is there any pre-allocated settings in ASE?
    2) Is there any action/plan to optimized the scaling time?

thanks in advance.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a search endpoint to Microsoft ToDo or list All ToDo items

What I need to do is:
    - When an item is assigned to me in Azure DevOps
    - Iterate over the existing items in a particular list I created (DevOps)
    - If there's no item whose subject contains the DevOps item id, create a new item.

There's an endpoint to add Add ToDo, Get a ToDo by Id and list all ToDo Lists.

I would like to iterate over the existing items before I add one so I don't duplicate. Not having that basically renders the Add ToDo useless - because it keeps adding duplicated items every time the triggering…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Using instanceView.statuses[*].Code for VM state

Please fix Microsoft.Compute/virtualMachines/instanceView.statuses[*].Code so that we can use status[1] in the policy to determine VM state.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base