(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make DomainDNSName,NetbiosName & Samaccountname attributes avaialble to public to use AAD Join without AAD Connect

We use okta for synchronizing accounts to Azure AD.

We plan to use AAD Join for our windows10 devices, it works well with AAD Connect(As AAD Connect synchronizes attributes DomainDNSName, NetBIOS name & Onpremisesamaccoutnanme)

Okta could not update these attributes, I want to find a way to update the attributes(by using PowerShell or GraphAPI?).

And also would like to know if there is any possibility to sync MSDS-Keycredentiallink attribute to on-premise without using AAD Connect so that I can use windows hello.

77 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure MFA needs anti-phishing features such as include location details and notification to users about new devices

Users can sometimes approve MFA notifications on their device because they do not know whether it is their device authenticating or a hacker who has phished their credentials. Therefore, to help users know why they are being asked to accept authentication include additional details such as the application name, IP address and location in the MFA prompt. Apple includes the location and a map of the location in their own two-factor implementation.

Additionally, users should be notified with an email any time a new device is used to authenticate to their account.

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Moving IBM Mainframes to Azure

we need an easy way to lift and **** Mainframes/ AS400 to lift and **** to Azure. instead of replatforming if Microsoft can build a layer which AS 400 or Mainframe apps can run on, can help drive consumption of Azure. Hopefully Microsoft can do it before AWS

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. RBAC Role for Reserved Instance creation WITHOUT Owner role on the Subscription

RBAC role created so a group can be added for the single purpose of Reserved Instance creation, without keys to the kingdom (Owner rights). Capacity and Procurement would not need such keys as they would only be creating RI’s, following Least Privilege Access.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow Password Policies to be set at the Group Level

Allow Password Policies to be set at the Group Level instead of only at the domain level.

Example: Our default password expiration is 90 days, but we have a group that requires their passwords to be reset every 60 days.

This is not currently possible.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Azure Sql Import Bacpac slow

We are testing a production database migration to Azure SQL. The database is 50GB and even on the S3 tier we are going on 30 hours still and the import isn't complete (pegged at 100% DTU). At this point I couldn't even tell you when this will finish. I understand I could have chosen the highest premium tier to import this and it might have been quicker, however I only want to test this database and right now I've lost 3-4 days on this (importing at S0, S1 tiers). My suggestion is to allow an option when going through the…

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enterprise Applications Search Improvement

We are unable to use the Enterprise Applications blade to find our applications. The interface only lists the first 20 applications. You cannot even download a list of them. In order to search for one on the list you have to know what letters the application name starts with. You cannot do partial search on part of the name, you must start with the first name. This is a HUGE problem if we forgot the name of an application.

For example. We created an Application called Ameris Webex. It is not listed in the first 20 applications, therefore we have…

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Set TLS 1.2 or 1.3 as default for Azure Automation Account

Currently Azure Automation runbooks start a powershell session that has Its security protocol set to SSL3 and TLS 1.0 by default.

Since there are alot of security risks involved with using TLS 1.0 we would like to have this version set to 1.2 or even 1.3 by default.

Since Okta has disabled TLS 1.0 and 1.1 per 1st of August 2018 this is also causing errors in Azure Automation runbooks, where we specifically need to specify a later version in each runbook.

PCI DSS 3.2 also prohibits the use of TLS 1.0 after June 30, 2018.
    Source: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Transport_Layer_Protection_Cheat_Sheet

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. enterprise portal auditing

The EA portal needs auditing capabilities.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. support multiple values for the same key when tagging. If i want to allocate multiple departments while tagging i should be able to do that.

Currently AzureRM tagging only supports one value for one key. This means if i want to tag multiple departments to one resource it is incapable of handling it.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Outstanding Payment

Need Payment history and total outstanding per subscription.

As a subscriber I can only see invoices at azure, but there is no payment history which tells me how and when azure has captured this payment.

It is our legal right to see the payments captured by AZURE. Tomorrow AZURE go and capture another payment from my card how I will reconcile which payment is for what.

If you are taking payment then you must show somewhere that we have captured this payment via this way against this invoice or for this purpose.

Also there is no way I can see…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. CDN

There needs to be a way to apply service tags to Azure CDN. When applying NSGs or firewall rules it would be beneficial to be able to use Service Tags to target the CDNs.

Marc

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. AAS as a Data Source.

Hi Team,

Currently Azure is not supporting AAS as a datasource. Suppose i created the Datamodel in AAS and i want to use same in another AAS model, it is not working. Can we have any idea when it will support AAS as a datasource

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Modify QnA Maker provisioning process to support selection of an existing App Service Plan instead of a new App Service Plan being created

Provisioning a QnA Maker Service provisions a Public App Service App <yourAppsName>.azurewebsites.net, but you are not given any control over the App Service Plan for which the App Service resides. My first choice would actually be an App Service Plan in our ASE environment, but if that isn’t doable at least let us select one of our existing public App Service plans to host this in.

A 1-1 ratio of App Service Plan to App Service is extremely inefficient.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. GiveSetting to increase the mod_security limit for following attributes : SecRequestBodyLimit 536870912 SecRequestBodyNoFilesLimit 536870912

we hosted application in Azure VM and configured WAF Application Gateway. But we are getting following error

Request body no files data length is larger than the configured limit (131072).. Deny with code (413)

For this we done so much googling and found the solution that we need to increase following parameters in the application gateway. If not possible then need configuration to by pass this limit checking so our application will not stuck because sometime application need to send request with this length.

Request to increase the mod_security limit for following attributes : SecRequestBodyLimit 536870912 SecRequestBodyNoFilesLimit 536870912

Many others…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide a description field for Azure Key Vault secrets

When creating a 'secret' in Azure Key Vault you mainly got Name, Value and Content type fields to populate. It would be great to have a Description field as well to provide some verbose description/notes about the particular secret.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow Comments to be maintained in Create View Syntax

currently header comments are not maintained in Create View statements in DW. Please update the functionality so that this will remain and allow one to script out the objects with the comments and provide comments for development and re-use.

Create View vw_Name
    -- Comment
    -- Comment
    AS
    Select *
    From Object

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In India there is strong demand for reserved Azure price

Please enable option of reserved Azure price in India and Saudi Arabia. Market is demanding the same.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add the "created by" and "created on" metadata to Azure objects

It would be helpful for each object in Azure to have the account that created the object and the date/time of the creation imbedded in the metadata for the object. This would avoid the current method of having to get that information from the Activity Log and store it somewhere else that is more permanent.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Azure Information Protection Watermark

I would like to add a watermark to a document of the person who printed it.

Currently it only allows a watermark of the document owner.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 55 56
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base